Japan Innocent?

Leonard Cheshire VC was an observer for the dropping of the A Bomb on Nagasaki on board the B29 Big Stink. Years after the war while visiting Japan, I watched Leonard Cheshire being accused by a Japanese journalist on TV as being a war criminal, quite how he kept his temper I will never know.

What else can you expect when the Japanese government will not allow the truth to be taught regarding the war, in Japanese schools.

And this is what I mean. The Japanese are not the kind and innocent country they try really hard to make themselves out to be. Right now their behavior is exemplary because they fear the United States and know that they save a lot of money with American assistance in defense.
If only South Korea got its crap together it would be a far better ally of the West because it's smack in the middle of three very bad countries and hasn't got the power or potential to be a serious threat to NATO or the United States. A little place where you can keep things in check and good values alive.

hmmm...well at least the man was sacked for saying such a thing.

the problem is, the accusation that roosevelt "lured" the japaneese into WWII has been suggested before. This has been forth due to the need for the americas, still in the great depression, to recover economically by building tanks, planes ect to make industry recover.

Well i dont know what to believe. i know the US isnt always squeaky clean in its dealings with forign policy. I dont believe thay would delibertly start a war with japan when they werent prepared for it. Occums razor suggests that the simplest reason for japan to war was the reason stated: she needed the materials and land mass to feed their people.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~gduncan/massacres_pacific.html#Pacific now as to thier innocence..follow the link to the atrocities in the pacific region.

(by the way, the author of the site tells it like it is...he tries to tell all of the participants, not just the japanees.)

the japaneese werent innocent. in my opinion, two bombs werent enough. sorry. they got off lightly.

the japaneese werent innocent. in my opinion, two bombs werent enough. sorry. they got off lightly.

Too bloody lightly, I still maintain that Hirohito should have been hanged along side his cronies for war crimes. Japan should have been forced to face up to those crimes.

Too bloody lightly, I still maintain that Hirohito should have been hanged along side his cronies for war crimes. Japan should have been forced to face up to those crimes.

I agree completely. The Japanese have a hard time with reality. And it has more to do with Face, keeping it or losing it, than anything else. When I was 12and 13 I lived in a community where a few Hong Kong vets lived. Being friends with the man's son I saw this man often. His emotional and mental being was wrecked. I do mean near destroyed. The scars on his body could only have been administered by a true sadist. Their behaviour during the war was disgusting.

These men were never apologized to. And they were never recompensed for the incredible suffering they went through.

The history the Japanese teach their children about WW2 is beyond revisionism. Its a pack of lies

Last edited:
I agree completely. The Japanese have a hard time with reality. And it has more to do with Face, keeping it or losing it, than anything else. When I was 12and 13 I lived in a community where a few Hong Kong vets lived. Being friends with the man's son I saw this man often. His emotional and mental being was wrecked. I do mean near destroyed. The scars on his body could only have been administered by a true sadist. Their behaviour during the war was disgusting.

These men were never apologized to. And they were never recompensed for the incredible suffering they went through.

The history the Japanese teach their children about WW2 is beyond revisionism. Its a pack of lies

One of my uncles died in Jap hands. I contacted FEPOW who informed me that he had died on the 26th March 1945 aged 22 on a forced march from Sandakan to Ranau.

Out of 2600 +\- British and Australian POW's only 6 Australians survived because they managed to escape. The Jap commander Capt
Hokijima was hanged on 6th April 1946. It was said that as he was being led to the gallows, he bit the hand of the executioner. My only regret is, he didn't suffer as the POW's in his charge suffered.

My father still holds a deep burning hatred for the Japanese to this day.

Last edited:
The Japanese always good to escape responsibility,and they not to plead guilty
up to now!!!even tampering the school book,Government of japan always visiting the war criminals tomb!!:x​

Back