Japan and Germany co-operation in WW2

Germany and Japan

Doppleganger...Japan's communications were compromised just as Germany's communications were. The codes were cracked just before the Battle of Midway in 1942. It gave the Americans sufficient information to give the Japanese a thorough thrashing from which they would not recover.

Yet I digress (my former students could tell you that I do this all of the time)...I don't think that Germany and Japan had any real interest in what the other was doing. Japan's objective was to create its "Greater East Asian Co-prosperity Sphere," which had nothing to do with taking lands outside of southeast Asia and the Pacific. And if the Germans had taken their goals in Europe, I would doubt that they would have had enough troops to sufficiently occupy any further areas.

i agree with Doppleganger. they were just too far apart. anyway any trade could only really take place by sub and most got destoryed

Last edited:
I beg to differ...

There was more contact than we are aware of, as both merchant raiders, their support vessels, and cargo-subs reached port in Japan throughout the war.
Blueprints, planes, engines, and other technology reached Japan in a more or less dismanteled state, and while it did contribute to the Japanese war-effort they had little to no impact on the warfare itself.

Among the U-boats known to have reached port in Japanese controlled waters are:
U-181, U-195, U-219, and U-511.
At least 3 of theses were loaded with blueprints and technological hardware, two of the vessels even carried dismanteled V-2 rockets.

Several other U-boats was sunk before they made it to Japan, and about 11 boats made it back from Japan, indicating that even more U-boats had initially made the trip from Europe to Japan.

Among the U-boats that didn't make it was U-864 wich was torpedoed by a British submarine in the waters outside Bergen in Norway.
This was the first time in history that a submerged submarine torpedoed another submerged submarine.

Japanese Submarines made the trip to Germany, and the German ones did the same also we don't know just how much information was passed on to them through neutral channels like Spain.

I recently saw a program on the History Channel where they were investigating the Battle of The Buldge, how and why the German Army was able to keep the surprise attack from the Allies. While going through decoded messages at Bletchly Park, they discovered there were three hundred messages -clues that had been over-looked concerning this winter offensive. One thing pointed out were the many mentions of the winter offensive from the Japanese embassy to Tokyo. The Germans had enough communications discipline to make it difficult for the Allies to tell what was going on, at least concerning this operation. But, it turns out there was a weak link in communications and it was with the Japanese diplomatic codes, something the Germans overlooked.

I recently saw a program on the History Channel where they were investigating the Battle of The Buldge, how and why the German Army was able to keep the surprise attack from the Allies. While going through decoded messages at Bletchly Park, they discovered there were three hundred messages -clues that had been over-looked concerning this winter offensive. One thing pointed out were the many mentions of the winter offensive from the Japanese embassy to Tokyo. The Germans had enough communications discipline to make it difficult for the Allies to tell what was going on, at least concerning this operation. But, it turns out there was a weak link in communications and it was with the Japanese diplomatic codes, something the Germans overlooked.
weren't both countries oblivious(or refused to believe) that their codes ad been broken? :-?

Is the nuclear bombs defeated Japan. not the US army or Soviet union rubbish defeated

Is the nuclear bombs defeated Japan. not the US army or Soviet union rubbish defeated Japan empire army. If no nuclears
bombs , the world war 2 will last to 1947 or 1948. two millions US soldiers and Soviet union will be killed. :biggun:

If no nuclear bombs, USA army attack Japan homeland ,estimate overtake 1 million USA soldiers will dead or wounded at least in world world 2. That will be firecy campaign in human history. The Stalingard campaign or Normandy campaign will far from comparable. :m16shoot:
How close did germany and japan communicate, and work together to defeat britain, USA etc. or didnt they really?

Who is Greatest countries in world war 2. China or Japan or American or German? Soviet union is rubbish countries,they are cowards ,they only dare attacked Japan empire amry after USA drop nuclear bombs to Japan homeland. The Soviet union cowards so-called they wined the Japan.The USA and Soviet Union get the most benificial from the war world 2. STalin very slip ,Soviet union get most benifits in against Japan war. but after Stalin dead, the China commnuist party take revenge to Soviet Union in 1969.

Do you know Soviet Union support a lot of weapons and equiqments CCP to overturn China KMT govment in 1945-1949. It's the most shameless in human history.

Hey, TICWOCW...STOP DOUBLE AND TRIPLE POSTING! If you have more to say for a post, then use the edit function and add to your last post.

If your english isn't good enough to understand what I'm saying, then maybe you should wait, learn english better, READ THE RULES, and then start posting on this forum again.

Who is Greatest countries in world war 2. China or Japan or American or German? Soviet union is rubbish countries,they are cowards ,they only dare attacked Japan empire amry after USA drop nuclear bombs to Japan homeland. The Soviet union cowards so-called they wined the Japan.The USA and Soviet Union get the most benificial from the war world 2. STalin very slip ,Soviet union get most benifits in against Japan war. but after Stalin dead, the China commnuist party take revenge to Soviet Union in 1969.

Which country kicked the germans from Moscow to Berlin almost singlehandedly
??:santam16:

Back