Japan Demonstrates Its New 24/7 Capability to Shoot Missiles in Hawaii

longriver

source:http://forum.globaltimes.cn/forum/showthread.php?t=8077

KAUAI, Hawaii, Oct. 28 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Riki Ellison, President and Founder of the Missile Defense Advocacy Alliance (MDAA), praised the Japanese crew for their successful intercept test off of the coast of Hawaii on Tuesday evening. Ellison who was in Hawaii for the test had these remarks and observations:

"Against the early evening clear sky off of the coast of Kauai, Hawaii, the
Japanese Kongo class destroyer JS MYOKO (DDG-175) tracked and launched a Standard Missile-3 (SM-3) block 1A missile and obliterated a target ballistic missile, unequivocally demonstrating their capability to destroy any current deployed North Korean ballistic missile threatening the people of Japan. This milestone event marks the debut of the third Japanese Kongo class destroyer with ballistic missile defense capability that will patrol and defend the seas surrounding Japan against the threat from North Korea to their homeland.

Having three Aegis-equipped ships with a ballistic missile defense capability allows the defensive forces of Japan to patrol and protect the people of Japan 24 hours a day and seven days as week."

"This also marks the first successful Aegis missile defense intercept of
President Obama's 'new missile defense architecture' announced September 16th of this year. The cooperative efforts with the Japanese government on the Aegis missile defense system are a major emphasis on the President's new missile defense plan. The Japanese are full and equal co-developers of the SM-3 block 2 missile which is the highly preferred 'end all' defensive missile by the Department of Defense that will defend Europe and the U.S. homeland under this Administration's promise to defend our nation against Iran by 2020."

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wow.
Next time the North Koreans fire something... then again if Japan downs it, the leftists in South Korea might use that "nationalism" thing to draw people closer to North Korea.

You shouldn't be. They're not the happy and friendly country they try to show. Once their constitution changes and it turns into the Imperial Japanese Navy, we're going to have a whole new set of problems.

You shouldn't be. They're not the happy and friendly country they try to show. Once their constitution changes and it turns into the Imperial Japanese Navy, we're going to have a whole new set of problems.

Well at the current my choices are the DPRK and Japan.

Im not going to choose the country that is run by a guy that gained presidency from his fathers will.

i think Australia should develop the same capabilities...
i also dont think japan will ever go the way of ww2 again everyone would kick their ass.

Yeah I think the same. Were Japan with the allies in WWI, were'nt them? I trust on that nice people. :)

I'm telling you, they are not nice folks. They're very polite and courteous when you meet them but when they're among themselves, believe me, that is NOT what they're like. I've had a lot of Japanese friends growing up. They're alright, but the only thing keeping them in check right now is their constitution and the fear of America.
If they ever feel that they can challenge and beat the Americans in the Pacific their nice face is going to take a serious back seat. These guys are dudes who apologize for the "inconvenience" to the wife with perfect manners after decapitating the dude with a Samurai sword.
Forget it, you guys will never understand.
This side of the world is full of nasty people and the only reason why I think Korea would be a better ally for the West is simply because there's a limit to just how powerful Korea can get. It will simply never exceed the mass and power of China and is geographically contained by both China and Japan.
Do you know why there's not a whole lot of Japan Towns while there are China and Korea Towns? It's because not even they can stand each other. They leave to get away from their stifling culture and society. They don't feel the need to replicate that stuff when they've finally managed to get away from it.
Many people don't understand why suicide rates are so high in Japan and in Korea. Let me tell you guys, there ARE reasons.

whether they do or not japan will never seriously be able to wage war against America or other in the region for the same reasons as those in ww2.
can you tell me these reasons? im actually quite interested.
the japenese people i have met have mostly been tourists and to me they seem too happy and overjoyed when in australia always wanting to get pictures with you and stuff like that. i wasn't like that when i was in japan albeit briefly.

can you tell me these reasons? im actually quite interested.
the japenese people i have met have mostly been tourists and to me they seem too happy and overjoyed when in australia always wanting to get pictures with you and stuff like that. i wasn't like that when i was in japan albeit briefly.

I know all too well about how nice Japanese people are. But what I'm telling you is that there is another story behind it.
Everyone in this part of the world believes they are absolutely number one compared to their rivals.
The Chinese have their own claim, believing (REALLY) that Korea, Japan and Vietnam all actually belong within the Chinese cultural sphere. It is why they have been trying to change history to give themselves a "historical legitimacy" into claiming these countries or at least, portions of these countries.
The Koreans aren't much better in that there is this distinct racist belief that Koreans are absolultely racially superior to the Chinese and the Japanese. The only thing that keeps Korea in check is its small size and for a long time, Confucianism (which is a topic all onto itself).
The Japanese feel that they lost World War II because they were UNLUCKY and that this part of the world still belongs to them. This is often the story behind the disputed territories with Korea and China. Korea and China feel that the islets or islands belong to them (don't know about China's claim but in Korea's claim it is valid) but the Japanese want to hang onto them as some kind of reward for standing up against Western aggressors. In a way they feel by becoming a super power back in the early 20th century, they raised the profile and image of Asians as a whole. Obviously the popularity of this sentiment comes and goes but there is a rising sense of nationalism in Japan and it can rear it's ugly head again.

Although it is a generalization, each side has its own characteristics.
If the Chinese or Koreans are really upset at you, they will let you know. But the Japanese are not like that. Do you know what Japanese wives do if they are unhappy with their husbands? They wait until the guys retire and THEN divorce him because Japanese law favors the woman during a divorce (one of the rare cases where Japan's law protects the women). She will put up with her husband's crap for 20 years before divorcing... and for those 20 years she will smile at him and be kind to him.

Ughh... it's really hard to explain but what I'm saying is we are full of nasty people over here and don't fall for the Japanese smiling at you because they're just as bad as the rest of us.

The Japanese feel that they lost World War II because they were UNLUCKY
how on earth do they logically think that it is because they were unlucky lol. obviously they aren't using logic and this could make them a threat to all in the region but whether they get to that point would be a big if...
you know what? i actually thought that japan and Korea were buddies, or atleast that because they largely put their differences aside to contain common enemies that their attitudes would of been watered down to the point of near non existence. i appear to have been terribly wrong.

I know all too well about how nice Japanese people are. But what I'm telling you is that there is another story behind it.
Everyone in this part of the world believes they are absolutely number one compared to their rivals.
The Chinese have their own claim, believing (REALLY) that Korea, Japan and Vietnam all actually belong within the Chinese cultural sphere. It is why they have been trying to change history to give themselves a "historical legitimacy" into claiming these countries or at least, portions of these countries.
The Koreans aren't much better in that there is this distinct racist belief that Koreans are absolultely racially superior to the Chinese and the Japanese. The only thing that keeps Korea in check is its small size and for a long time, Confucianism (which is a topic all onto itself).
The Japanese feel that they lost World War II because they were UNLUCKY and that this part of the world still belongs to them. This is often the story behind the disputed territories with Korea and China. Korea and China feel that the islets or islands belong to them (don't know about China's claim but in Korea's claim it is valid) but the Japanese want to hang onto them as some kind of reward for standing up against Western aggressors. In a way they feel by becoming a super power back in the early 20th century, they raised the profile and image of Asians as a whole. Obviously the popularity of this sentiment comes and goes but there is a rising sense of nationalism in Japan and it can rear it's ugly head again.

Although it is a generalization, each side has its own characteristics.
If the Chinese or Koreans are really upset at you, they will let you know. But the Japanese are not like that. Do you know what Japanese wives do if they are unhappy with their husbands? They wait until the guys retire and THEN divorce him because Japanese law favors the woman during a divorce (one of the rare cases where Japan's law protects the women). She will put up with her husband's crap for 20 years before divorcing... and for those 20 years she will smile at him and be kind to him.

Ughh... it's really hard to explain but what I'm saying is we are full of nasty people over here and don't fall for the Japanese smiling at you because they're just as bad as the rest of us.

You talk and act like an American, the flag thing on the left says your from the Pitcairn Islands [Which is somwhere west of South America, if im right] and then you act like you have lived in Korea or somwehere over there all your life [or most of it].

Im confused. Were you on service in Korea or something, and is that why you know so much about them?

The Korea-Japan relationship is so complicated and messed up that I would have to just have another thread to even start going into it. If you follow that thread (if one is made) you'll find a lot of contradictions which is precisely why it's so complicated.
No, captiva, they all hate each other big time. People like to lump China, Korea and Japan all into one group because they can't tell one from another but they are different and they are not friends.
It's an interesting part of the world. Three countries that are often just a passing thought in many people's minds that are pretty significant, stuck very close together and full of mutual hate. Then you also have that crazy little country called North Korea in it.
I didn't think I'd say this but there's something about that side of the world that is incredibly addictive. Although most people fail to see it, a LOT is going on over there it is quite unbelievable.

I haven't lived in Korea my whole life but I did live in various different countries. I don't really count early childhood so in adult life, I lived in Korea for about 4 years where I also served in the military. But boy did I make those 4 years count. Probably did more in those 4 years than the 10 years before it!

IMO from my experience in life, I'd trust a Korean before I would a Japanese.
Nothing racist, just a matter of culture. The Japanese are bullies. I've seen it myself.

Back