japan and china, in the future

MadeInChina

im definetly predicting a war of some kind between japan and china, perhaps a big one, perhaps a limited one, but definelty one that will rock the boat and start up somethign serious

any comments?

The Japanese are a very pacifist country. It caused the nation much internal problems when their military was used to help the U.S. sweep mines in the Red Sea in the gulf war. Their shamed culture simply does not have stomach for any kind of war, even on their own soil, their modern culture has a perspective that is what historians refer to as a 'victim's history'. No one can tell what will happen in 1,000 years but for the forseable future the Japanese care for nothing more than to stay safe behind the wall of ocean surrounding them and enjoy their Sushi and Kareoke.

I think that japanesse learned after Hirosima and Nagasaki that war is a really mean thing, I do not see them in a war right now. Why do you predict that war????

I don't think Japan could handle a conflict on even ground with china for very long. China doesn't have a large navy, but they do have a decent airforce to bomb japanese ships off their coast. Plus japan on its own would starve because they import a lot of food. It would have to be pretty bad for either country going to war with the other since that region is becoming more stablized.

I think the chinese would start it since japan doesn't have the military at the moment, unless you count the US.

Whether there will be peace or war in the region is in China's hands. No one wants to fight a war with China.

Whispering Death, If I am still correct Japan is helping in Iraq to a degree. So unless there some secret agreement between us and Japan They aren't all worried about fighting, but I'd have to agree, I don't think any one wants to fight the Chinese especially with the rumored nuclear weapons!

japanese sentiment towords china is getting stronger by the day

the onlinee petition for example, have anger many young japanese hotheads and even left-sided japanse, as seen on asian forums, the bashing went on and on

not only that, in terms of economics, the japanese are also jealous of the massive amount of industrial factories and strength going to china, and as well as that massive amount of large coporations building new factories in china

some are just annoyed at the fact that chinese kept mentioning the past histories, soem actually bashed me hard on another forum, personally that is just sad

in the government, right wing pro-nationlistic hotheads are in high positions and are generally anti-chinese/anti-korean

the current situation is getting worse

According to several analysis from commentors I've read, it have been said that the growing political tensions between Japan and China can escalate to a dangerous level. Nationalism between both sides are surging and can become extremely dangerous. You must remember that the youth is the future. And It appears that East Asia's Future may not look bright as it was hoped to be.

It is my understanding that the Japanese presence in Iraq number about 1,000 and the mission profile is for humanitarian aid and rebuilding therefore they are not even supposed to fire a shot.

The reason I talked about the Gulf War is because minesweeping is kind of a war act rather than a rebuilding and humanitarian act.

And if I am correct in this, the humanitarian mission only underscores my point that Japan is a threat to nobody.

uh, yes I can since a society that is divided on providing even a non-violent humanitarian mission would hardly be a warlike people, regardless of the 10 japanese guys you stirred up in some internet forum.

hmm if one just checks the history of the past 50 years for both japan and china, you will clearly know who are a more warlike ppl

This has always been a crappy neighborhood. But is there going to be war? That's going to depend on what China does.
Besides, in Japan the ones who go crazy are the minority noise makers.

Neither China nor Japan want a war, thats not going to happen for atleast 50 more years, though the Cold War will cotinue and will intense as China becomes more powerful and influential.

See, Xion, it's attitudes like that that are going to be the type of thing that will awaken a fear in Japan that can lead to war.

If you really study the political atmosphere before wars you will notice that arms buildups that are meant to provide for security usually lead to the two powers making war even more inevitable. The reason I state that generallity is because I think that if Asian countries take the position that Xion and Urbanboy are taking and start saying things like "we have to arm ourselves for the Japanese enemy, war is inevitable" they will be scarring the populace of Japan into saying to themselves "wait, they want a war with us? Holly shit guys, we've got to re-build our army so we can defend against these Chinese agressors!" Therefore making a war that could have been avoided inevitable if both sides would have just chilled out.

This is exactly the kind of thinking that led to WW1.

lol you think chinese military build up is a threat??

a big superpower like china deserves at least a military like us military, something to keep in mind that china has to defend the world's most border with the most neighbors

after some 100 years of humiliation and foreign intervention, china deserves a top notch army, a super economy, and the influence it deserves to spread around asia, becuase simply this is teh wish of every one of the 14 bilion chinese

this is the nature of history, nothing can prevent this type of cycle from becoming real, japan had her time, but she threw it away by being a hefty agressor

Hey WhisperingDeath, what do you mean by "that kind of" attitude, I never said Japan is a threat to anyone, neither did I say China should get involved in a arms race with Japan
On the contrary I think Japan has a risk of getting attacked by China rather than the other way round.
I say this looking at the past actions of the Chinese Government, I feel it has a history of being an extremely aggressive country.
Only in the past few years, since the economic boom, China has somewhat loosened up on its neighbours and is now talking of peace with them.
Being such a huge (population and area) country there are simply no other options for China's neighbours, but to co-exist with it.
This feeling of insecurity amongst her neighbours will remain and will grow more intense when sometime in the future when China has become more powerful
There is no solution to this (God Save Bhutan, hope it doesn't become another Tibet)

China's encirclement of India is now complete, with the inauguration of the deep sea port at Gwadar, Pakistan, which will be maintained by the Chinese Navy
Nepal is poised on the verge of becoming a communist regime and slowly tilting towards China
•Thailand: China is considering funding construction of a $20 billion canal across the Kra Isthmus that would allow ships to bypass the Strait of Malacca. The canal project would give China port facilities, warehouses and other infrastructure in Thailand aimed at enhancing Chinese influence in the region, the report said.
• Bangladesh: China is strengthening its ties to the government and building a container port facility at Chittagong. The Chinese are "seeking much more extensive naval and commercial access" in Bangladesh.
• Burma: China has developed close ties to the military regime in Rangoon and turned a nation wary of China into a "satellite" of Beijing close to the Strait of Malacca, through which 80 percent of China's imported oil passes.
China is building naval bases in Burma and has electronic intelligence gathering facilities on islands in the Bay of Bengal and near the Strait of Malacca. Beijing also supplied Burma with "billions of dollars in military assistance to support a de facto military alliance," the report said.
•Cambodia: China signed a military agreement in November 2003 to provide training and equipment. Cambodia is helping Beijing build a railway line from southern China to the sea.
•South China Sea: Chinese activities in the region are less about territorial claims than "protecting or denying the transit of tankers through the South China Sea," the report said.

China's string of pearls policy: http://www.washtimes.com/national/20050117-115550-1929r.htm
^ very interesting read

我被吓唬中国 :lol:

Urbanboy said:
lol you think chinese military build up is a threat??

a big superpower like china deserves at least a military like us military, something to keep in mind that china has to defend the world's most border with the most neighbors

after some 100 years of humiliation and foreign intervention, china deserves a top notch army, a super economy, and the influence it deserves to spread around asia, becuase simply this is teh wish of every one of the 14 bilion chinese
"Wishing" and "Deserves" have nothing to do with what everyone gets in life. China also deserves a big fat apollogy from Japan for a long long list of attrocities, but its probably never going to happen because nobody in Southeast Asia ever admits it when they're wrong (okay, overstatement there, but can you feel my puzzlement?). By the way, when did China's population hit 14 Billion???

this is the nature of history, nothing can prevent this type of cycle from becoming real, japan had her time, but she threw it away by being a hefty agressor
There is an alternative to being stuck in the same cycle that Europe was stuck in: Consider the Marshall Plan at the end of World War II. The United States was the only powerful nation left on the planet that was not a complete wreck. They went out of their way to help anyone and everyone to rebuild, especially the nations they had just helped defeat. Why? Because it breaks the cycle of vengence and countervengence.

China does not need to provoke a fight with Japan and Japan's leaders certainly know that it is fight they don't want. Mostly, its up to China.

use ur brain, 13 billion is the official number of people in china, there is more around the worldlike me, plus taiwan, singapore and dont forget america

you mentioned Bhutan, now why would china need butan, china is currently esdabishing itself well in diplomacy wiht countries around india as well as india herself to improve relations so border clashing wont occor, so more effort could be put into good economic uses

besides, countries outside the himilayas china cant claim, becuase that is not chinese territory

Back