japan and china, in the future

--
Boots

April 5th, 2005  
MadeInChina

Topic: japan and china, in the future

im definetly predicting a war of some kind between japan and china, perhaps a big one, perhaps a limited one, but definelty one that will rock the boat and start up somethign serious

any comments?
April 5th, 2005  
MontyB

umm why?
April 5th, 2005  
Whispering Death

The Japanese are a very pacifist country. It caused the nation much internal problems when their military was used to help the U.S. sweep mines in the Red Sea in the gulf war. Their shamed culture simply does not have stomach for any kind of war, even on their own soil, their modern culture has a perspective that is what historians refer to as a 'victim's history'. No one can tell what will happen in 1,000 years but for the forseable future the Japanese care for nothing more than to stay safe behind the wall of ocean surrounding them and enjoy their Sushi and Kareoke.
--
Boots
April 5th, 2005  
Corocotta

I think that japanesse learned after Hirosima and Nagasaki that war is a really mean thing, I do not see them in a war right now. Why do you predict that war????
April 5th, 2005  
WarMachine

I don't think Japan could handle a conflict on even ground with china for very long. China doesn't have a large navy, but they do have a decent airforce to bomb japanese ships off their coast. Plus japan on its own would starve because they import a lot of food. It would have to be pretty bad for either country going to war with the other since that region is becoming more stablized.

I think the chinese would start it since japan doesn't have the military at the moment, unless you count the US.
April 5th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Whether there will be peace or war in the region is in China's hands. No one wants to fight a war with China.
April 5th, 2005  
Hard Corp.

Whispering Death, If I am still correct Japan is helping in Iraq to a degree. So unless there some secret agreement between us and Japan They aren't all worried about fighting, but I'd have to agree, I don't think any one wants to fight the Chinese especially with the rumored nuclear weapons!
April 6th, 2005  
MadeInChina

japanese sentiment towords china is getting stronger by the day

the onlinee petition for example, have anger many young japanese hotheads and even left-sided japanse, as seen on asian forums, the bashing went on and on

not only that, in terms of economics, the japanese are also jealous of the massive amount of industrial factories and strength going to china, and as well as that massive amount of large coporations building new factories in china

some are just annoyed at the fact that chinese kept mentioning the past histories, soem actually bashed me hard on another forum, personally that is just sad

in the government, right wing pro-nationlistic hotheads are in high positions and are generally anti-chinese/anti-korean

the current situation is getting worse
April 6th, 2005  
CABAL

According to several analysis from commentors I've read, it have been said that the growing political tensions between Japan and China can escalate to a dangerous level. Nationalism between both sides are surging and can become extremely dangerous. You must remember that the youth is the future. And It appears that East Asia's Future may not look bright as it was hoped to be.
April 6th, 2005  
Whispering Death

It is my understanding that the Japanese presence in Iraq number about 1,000 and the mission profile is for humanitarian aid and rebuilding therefore they are not even supposed to fire a shot.

The reason I talked about the Gulf War is because minesweeping is kind of a war act rather than a rebuilding and humanitarian act.

And if I am correct in this, the humanitarian mission only underscores my point that Japan is a threat to nobody.