japan and china, in the future - Page 5

--
Boots

April 14th, 2005  
loki

I think there could be something like a 2nd Falklands war for those disputed islands (Diaoyu?), but I dont think any side would risk a nuclear war just to satisfy their nationalist hubris.

As my other post was deleted I think I need to explain: Of course the comparison to the Nazi boycot of Jewish retailers is not just a bit exaggerated, still I find it hard to understand why a protest against a schoolbook or even the Japanese policy in general needs to include attacking private japanese property, and boycotting japanese businesses in China. What do japanese people who do business in China have to do with their governments actions? To me those riots seemed like a state-approved anti-japanese pogrom, hence the picture.

Regards, loki
April 14th, 2005  
Corocotta

Loki wrote:

Quote:
still I find it hard to understand why a protest against a schoolbook or even the Japanese policy in general needs to include attacking private japanese property, and boycotting japanese businesses in China. What do japanese people who do business in China have to do with their governments actions? To me those riots seemed like a state-approved anti-japanese pogrom, hence the picture.
The problem is that China does not want Japan in UNSC, I think that the text book problem is just an excuse.
China is the only asian representative country in UNSC, and they do not want another one.
That´s it.
April 14th, 2005  
Boobies

Topic: He...

Staruo, friend has no problem of letting friend(s) joining the flock. But, in reality, Japan is no friend of China. In fact, Japan is no friend of most Asian countries. So, don't just point finger at China when in realityJ apan does not deserve to be in UNSC other than being economic power.
--
Boots
April 14th, 2005  
Corocotta

Topic: Re: He...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobies
Staruo, friend has no problem of letting friend(s) joining the flock. But, in reality, Japan is no friend of China. In fact, Japan is no friend of most Asian countries. So, don't just point finger at China when in realityJ apan does not deserve to be in UNSC other than being economic power.
Well, I pointed China because there was where the protests were taking place. Why do you think he doesn´t deserve to be in UNSC? Not all countries in UNSC have to be friends, just think about USSR and USA 15 years ago...
I think UN needs a big reform, the best options is to open SC to other countries, mostly not developed ones..Other thing I would do is to eliminate the "veto" right and create another sistem.
April 14th, 2005  
Boobies

Topic: Ok...

Not all natioons are friends in UNSC. You are right, no doubt here.
My mistake of mingle friendship and UN membership. However, to support a nation joining UNSC nowadays, there will be more to consider inturns of threat, relationship gap and such. At this present time, Japan-China are not in an eye-to-eye level in turns of supporting one to become a member of global organization.

My reason of not supporting Japan joining UNSC are:
1. Intention of changing WWII history in Japan's history books in numerous instances, justifying the invasion of Asian countries using "liberation from the Western domination" as motto.

2. Denying WWII sex-slaves law suits and claims based on modern law of "statue of limitation" WWII atrocities =/= Isurance Claim (US did compensate and apologized for its mistreatment of Japanese-American during the great ware a few years ago.)

3. Refuse to apologize AS A NATION for the wrongs it created for Chinese, Koreans, Philipinos, Malays, Singaporeans, Aussies (not sure), etc (there are more Asian countries got abused). No responsibilities!

4. Racism against all froeigners in social enviornments. The westerners are being treated slight better compare to Asians (To experience this, you must live there long enough. Tourist trips ain't cut it.)

5. Low Interest LOANS, investment, and money can resolve all issues mentality. (People hear lot of Japan uses low-interest LOANs as form of compensation). LOAN = COMPENSATION...WTH! Total mentality of Money can avoid any responsibilities. Using Facade of Economic power to get sympathies from the west, yet show no sympathies to Asian neighbors on past issues.

6. Current event of issuing Oil drilling contracts to Japanese oil companies on disputed water. Now the area is in China-Japan disputed islands, not Korean-Japan disputed area. WHY IS THAT? Racism towards China? Japan targets to work with Korea with disputed islands, but not China? And is that ok?

7. Visitation of shrine by government officials with 14 Class A WWII War Criminals entombed. What do you and the world think of Germans visit Hitler and his henchmen's tombs.

Now, you can easily use Russia and China to compare with Japan's current senario. However, Russia and China are seperate issues from Japan's bid for UNSC. With today's politics, wouldn't you agree that more investigation into potential members should be promoted? If Japan could join UNSC, why don't we allow Vietname, all coutries from Africa, Cambodia, and any other coutries you think of to join the Counsel?

PS. I can only think 7 points counter Japan's bid for UNSC at this moment but I know there are more to post if time permits.
April 14th, 2005  
Corocotta

As you said Japan had probable made many mistakes, but some members os UNSC have made them as well... Did Russia apologised for the GULAG concentration camps? What about Tibet? Have European countries apologised for the african colony times?

I do not think that for being a member of SC you have to be perfect. All countries have bounderies disputes...

In think that in UNSC should be at least three members from each continet, in order to make all of them representatives and do not let all the protagonism to just one of them.
April 14th, 2005  
Boobies

Topic: Eh...

Staruo, did you read and think through the list or just bypass most of them because they don't fit your vision? Yes, Japan did make mistakes, yet UNLIKE GERMANY, Japan is still making the same mistakes and worst, Japan is changing history taught in schools.

The mistakes I listed are not just simple mistakes. They involved with racism and nation supremacy issues. Indo-China are working towards resolving disputes eventhough they got ways to go. However, Japan is doing nothing to resolve problems in Asia except stepping up racism (against Asians) behind alliance with the US and economic power.
April 14th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

I think that there is plenty of good reason to be bitter at Japan if you China, for the same reason that Jews are not in love with Nazis. Still, it would be nice to see the two nation reconcile their differences. Otherwise, it is one of several unlit powderkegs ready to see SE Asia explode into a terrible wars. Japan has done little to encourage China to be very forgiving. China hasn't had the best attitude either, mind you, but Japan ought to have the decency to appologize.
April 14th, 2005  
Boobies

Topic: Yes...

Thunder, I totally agree with you.
April 14th, 2005  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInChina
lol you think chinese military build up is a threat??

a big superpower like china deserves at least a military like us military, something to keep in mind that china has to defend the world's most border with the most neighbors

after some 100 years of humiliation and foreign intervention, china deserves a top notch army, a super economy, and the influence it deserves to spread around asia, becuase simply this is teh wish of every one of the 14 bilion chinese

this is the nature of history, nothing can prevent this type of cycle from becoming real, japan had her time, but she threw it away by being a hefty agressor
I agree that China is big but I have to disagree that it has graduated to Superpower status.