Japan cautious and angered of the submarine situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane

In Japan, 24 hours of news coverage of a Un-identified (for now) was spotted off the reef of Okinawa.

Japan protests to China over sub

The submarine was tracked by the Japanese navy
Japan has summoned a senior Chinese diplomat to issue a formal protest over a submarine spotted inside its waters earlier this week.
Japan earlier said it was sure the submarine was Chinese because of its type and apparent direction.

Japan's navy was put on alert for the first time in five years to chase it.

The incident is likely to further raise tensions between Japan and China, already locked in disputes about contested islands and gas fields.

"We made a strong protest and demanded an apology," Japanese Foreign Minister Nobutaka Machimura said after meeting Chinese embassy official Cheng Yonghua. China's ambassador to Japan was reportedly out of Tokyo.

Mr Machimura asked for an explanation and asked China to ensure a similar incident did not happen again.

Mr Cheng replied that he would first report to Beijing, Mr Machimura said.

The Chinese foreign ministry is reported to have convened an emergency meeting to discuss the issue.

Japan's cabinet spokesman Hiroyuki Hosoda said Japan's reaction depended on the Chinese government's response.

"We have to take into consideration many things, such as how China responds and Japan's public opinion" he said. "The question is how we deal with this issue in the big picture."

Japan's Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi has called the incident "regrettable".

Although the sub did not surface, Japanese media said it had been identified by its cruising sound.

Sensitive area

The vessel was first spotted near the Sakishima islands, which lie about 120km (75 miles) south of the disputed Senkaku islands - known as the Diaoyu in Chinese.

The incident comes at a time of heightened tensions between the two countries, which are likely to become increasingly competitive in their hunt for natural resources to power their economies.

The two sides held inconclusive talks last month on gas exploration projects in the East China Sea.

China has also reportedly been angered by a Japanese defence ministry paper which speculated on reasons China might attack. It cited disputes over natural resources and territory, as well as a wider conflict involving Taiwan.

The last time Japan ordered such a high maritime alert was in 1999, when two suspected North Korean ships entered its waters.

In December 2001, a suspected North Korean spy ship sank off Japan after a shoot-out with Japan's coast guard.

Source: BBC News

_40517633_ap_copter203.jpg

_40509177_japan_sakishima_map203.gif

This isn't the first time this has happened, Japan is in a consten state of worry over the fact China has been Illgaly breaking into the water bounderies and doing things such as sonar test to see how deep it is.

Are you assuming that they are just mapping sonar depth? Quite likely.
Another thing is that there is a dramatic increase of PLAN vessels near the border examining U.S.-Japanese Naval excersises. They are mapping sonar depth, probably for laying mines to form a blockade around Taiwan and stall U.S. Naval intervention.

I heard several other people speculate that PLAN is also gathering intellegence on reaction time and methods used by the Japanese Navy once a Sub have been detected. Risky, but might prove useful to PLAN's future.

From what I understood China was mapping the sea out so they would know what type of submarine to build for an Invasion of Japan one day, However China does thing that are Illegal in the worlds eyes hourly so it isn't a big IF anymore it would be more of a when.

And you are assuming that they are building a Sub to invade Japan one day? Very interesting. I thought they're mapping to analyze how to invade Taiwan. But the Japan was something I didn't anticipate. It's just that the massive military buildup in the PRC alarmed Japan, after leaked defense papers of to prepare the Self Defense force of Invasion from China.

Most Japanese citizens are angered by this and see China as an enemy.

Also, please note that I believe this event is no different than the American P-3 Spyplane that illegally entered Chinese Aerospace, collided along with a Chinese Intercepter Jet and later forced to land.

seems all the ppl forget that the island belongs to China
The Diao Yu island is China's and Japan is occupaying it ,

i really want to say some bad things about Japanese's mother but since it is violating the rules, i won't do it

but i will still protest here, that island is ours and we can do wutever we want near it

This is really sad, Japan wants a little piece of island even though historically it belonged to china and always did until the 19th century when japan ruthelly occupied it, same goes for the oil fields and disputed areas, ( theres a internationally rule that coasta waters up to some hundreds of miles belong to the nation coasted, therefore those waters belong to china even though japan was overly crying about and making no sense)

A french propanganda once described the war in the pacific as : confucious once said " Little man greedy and eat big, but eventually big man eat little man"

---->> japanes gonna get owned

<<--- because the chinese are very nationlstic( most) and if u visite one of those chinese chat forum about that incident and most people responded with: **** those japs, ********** they shoudl be nuked, lets have a tokyo masscre.... all thsoe stuff reponded hwo the chinese would react if japan took agression

Japanese r the most F**K bunch of AS*HO*ES I ever know. Their military act in WW II caused 600 Billions US dollers to China and yet they wanted to remain so stubbornly. This island belongs to CHina. How can it belongs to Japan?

If we notice the map details ly, u may discover that Japan claimed this as their territory was very stupid, just be coz they have some smal islands located in a tiny line and came near Diaoyu Island they claimed that this was theirs, as China's mainland were there near that island.

Boycott Japan. I hate them. Last time in WW II they did so much bad things to South East Asians. Now they shut off the Asians leaders mouth by giving economics aid. And in their homeland they said they were Heroes who tried to help us made the Imperialist out in WW II. To hell to them!

THe main reason being that many old world war II commanders are still in office and power of japan today, some who parcipitated in the nanjing massacre.....

People people.... ever wonder why the so called ( honoorable invincible ******** japanese army) was never able to defeat the chinese peopel??? it is because in every chinese there is the belief that they can never be defeated by foreign power save themselves...

Go to google and type in nanjing masscre and look at some site's pictures... i say look at the butchering and stuff closely, then u'll know how i feel about the japanese...

out of my uncontroled mind i say japan should be seriously nuked over ad over and over and over and over and over..............................

but in my true thinking, id say that japan should be limited its military power forever, or if that doesnt wor-______________>> bring it on japs, and as my chinese friends say: **** those japs

I too feel disgruntled about Japanese war criminals getting "honored" and such. But unlike you guys, I don't call for an entire nation to be destroyed because of their ancestors...

Also because Japan, in my eyes, already payed enough for her actions. Her Imperial military, annihilated, her people cut down by the hundreds of thousands, and then the eventual signing of the surrender on the USS Missouri. To me, she suffered an awesome disgrace.

But ah I doubt I can change your mind, as is the logic of fanatical nationalist. But remember, Japan is a strong ally of the US, and the US is obliged to help her. Does the dragon really to fight the eagle?

Hmmm, and to mention the topic. This doesn't seem too big of a deal to me, everyone spys.

China. Stay out of their back yards.
????? wuts that suppose to mean...

I too feel disgruntled about Japanese war criminals getting "honored" and such. But unlike you guys, I don't call for an entire nation to be destroyed because of their ancestors...

Also because Japan, in my eyes, already payed enough for her actions. Her Imperial military, annihilated, her people cut down by the hundreds of thousands, and then the eventual signing of the surrender on the USS Missouri. To me, she suffered an awesome disgrace.

But ah I doubt I can change your mind, as is the logic of fanatical nationalist. But remember, Japan is a strong ally of the US, and the US is obliged to help her. Does the dragon really to fight the eagle?

Hmmm, and to mention the topic. This doesn't seem too big of a deal to me, everyone spys.

Whats that supposet to mean???? already payed enough for her actions????? to justify that, the amount of killed that the japanese had demostated over the cource of the war was 20 times higher than their own casulsties, they should ashamed of theira ctions. and an aswsome disgrace??? disgrace is nothing much to them, what they did was disgrace, so they shouldnt be crying...

the logic is simple: Japan attacks china, China counter attacks, us joins, the whole chinese population will explode with extreme anger and china will gain the support of the people to fight aginist japan and us, even tually wins....

Japan attacks China? Are you nuts? Only way that would happen is if hostages are geing held by chniese militants and it is a surgical strike, or they attack a vessal breaching it's territory (and it would only attack the vessal)... I highly doubt, even with it's world war 2 history, it would suddenly draft an army of videogamers, and hand them rifles and tell them to start sacking cities without extreamly incredible Just Cause of a nature rarely seen in history.

Precision said:
Whats that supposet to mean???? already payed enough for her actions????? to justify that, the amount of killed that the japanese had demostated over the cource of the war was 20 times higher than their own casulsties, they should ashamed of theira ctions. and an aswsome disgrace??? disgrace is nothing much to them, what they did was disgrace, so they shouldnt be crying...
The unfortunate thing about it is that Japan will probably never be held fully accountable for their war crimes in WW2. Its unfortunate and its not fair. Still, as the saying goes, "An eye for and eye makes the whole world blind." The VAST majority of people living in Japan today had nothing to do with any of Japan's warcrimes in WW2 -- most weren't even born yet. They've been saddled with a "no offensive military" clause to their Constitution for a very good reason -- they did some very bad things with the one they had. Because they deny their wrongdoings in their cleaned up version of history, I hope they have not doomed themselves to repeat such things in the distant future.

No, Japan's warcrimes do not give China the right to invade them anymore than Japan had the right to invade China to begin with. Japan should be ashamed of themselves for their boldfaced denial of things that are can be proven many thousands of times over ... but lets be reasonable. We're supposed to be in a more civilized age and the vendetta/revenge game was the #1 cause of the worst of WW2 and echoes its blood barbaric memory throughout the halls of human history.

the logic is simple: Japan attacks china, China counter attacks, us joins, the whole chinese population will explode with extreme anger and china will gain the support of the people to fight aginist japan and us, even tually wins....
If Japan is EVER stupid enough to try invading mainland China at anytime in the future, they deserve whatever happens to them. It would be about as smart as me trying to poke out a fully grown tiger's eyes with a 5 inch block of wood. Airborne is right -- it would take something REALLY BIG before Japan even thinks about tangling with China.

godofthunder9010 said:
What on earth does a Chinese sub illegally showing up in Japanese waters got to do with ... Japan trying to take over Taiwan??????

Huh! Japanese waters. Geoghraphically this sea should belongs to China. With just few tiny islands(That Japanese claim belongs to them) located there they wanted to said that sea belongs to them??

When they came to China water and settle up base on Diaoyu Island, who blamed them ? Did China governemnt react like what the Arse f**king Japanese short basst*rds did today?

It there a Japanese waters? NO! Everybody can see, Japanese claims that Diaoyu belongs to them just becoz of some small tiny islands "lining up" along the sea and came near Diaoyu,so Diaoyu had to be theirs? Try look at the map! Diaoyu Island were so far away from Japan mainland but China mainland were so near to Diaoyu. How can they claim Diaoyu Island were theirs?

Thread locked for now, it was going WAY off-topic!!

Several of you should pay (a lot) more attention to the forum rules before you post again.
(you should know yourself who I mean!)

There will be no more warnings, the next flaming post will result in a temporary ban!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back