January Decapitation of Chinese Student at VA Tech

A Can of Man

Je suis aware
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,481406,00.html

It's on other networks too. Just that for some odd reason Fox News was the one with the photo of the victim. I suppose since she's foreign, it's alright to just put it up there. :roll:

It happened in January, so I was away at NCO school so I didn't get the news at the time.

But I think with events like this, it's time VA Tech allowed guns on campus.
Seriously. Obviously intervening in a fight armed with nothing but hot soup against a knife wielding maniac is not going to work out very well but imagine just one of those seven witnesses had a gun and the will to use the damn thing. The female student, though no doubt wounded may have had a chance to be saved.

You know, the sort of effort it takes for a Chinese student to be able to get the money and the resources to make it to the US to study? Seriously... what a goddamned shame.
I don't think guns on campus would have deterred this guy from pulling the knife out but a bullet could have been buried in his back just in time. As to whether or not he'd be armed with a gun or not, well, the guy was willing to decapitate someone in plain sight of people. I don't think a gun ban would have stopped him from bringing one if that's what he intended.

p.s. shouldn't there be a series of mass firings at the school? Starting with the boss?

He should be tried and sentenced in China.
Then he will be executed.

Yes, I hope her family has found peace and is moving on. If she was an only child, this is very unlikely. :(

i missed hearing about this, or it didn't stick. Had it been a gun instead of a knife, I'm sure it would have had a lot more publicity. Pretty whacky to think a guy who plans on killing would be detered by a "gun free Zone". At a College a considerable number of students are old enough for a CCW.

I guess the fact that they were Chinese had to do with the lack of publicity.
Imagine a female American student got decapitated while going to Beijing University.

I guess the fact that they were Chinese had to do with the lack of publicity.
Imagine a female American student got decapitated while going to Beijing University.
To be parallel, it would have to have been done by a fellow Westerner, so it probably wouldn't have legs either.

No, I think if a Westerner or another American decapitated an American female student at Beijing University, the news would have been everywhere.

The problem is when you have a gun, and you're caught with it, and you didn't save anyone's ass because there was no conflict, you're in trouble.
You'd think that someone would have thought of throwing the scalding hot soup on that guy.

Back