Jankers/KP

Trooper1854

The Brit Pack
I've been helping my wife do her family history, I've been doing the military stuff for her.
We found a cousin of her Grandfather, who joined the Army on the 17th May 1918, when he was 18 years old
He was discharged on the 3rd February 1919, that's nine months service.
In that time he accrued at least 17 incidents of misconduct including failing to parade, at least five times! Insubordination, refusing a direct order, theft, resisting the guard, fainting on parade, conduct unbecoming a soldier, failing to salute a senior officer, failing to wear shoes on parade, late on church parade, failing to turn out when on guard, being found in the town centre after hours.
Drunk in baracks, making an inappropriate reply to and officer, absent from defaulter's roll call.
He was Court Martialed on the 12th July and was given 312 days detention.
This has to be some kind of record! He must have spent the majority of his military service in the Guard Room!
His papers read "Discharged, service no longer required" and on his record card it states; "He has a bad attitude"!:lol::lol:
He's lucky he wasn't shot!
Anyone here know of a more badly behaved soldier in their family?

Last edited:
Um... well, one of my relatives was arrested for drunken and disorderly conduct, then went AWOL.

We think he changed his name.

Not sure... it was during WWII or there abouts... he was also in the army though, in Ireland I believe. HAHAHA, will have to ask my aunt, she's got all the details.

In a sqeaky mock female voice, "he's not a soldier! He's a very naughty boy!"
Further research has uncovered even more bad behaviour, and a letter he wrote to his CO asking for a reference! Naturally it was declined.

In a sqeaky mock female voice, "he's not a soldier! He's a very naughty boy!"
Further research has uncovered even more bad behaviour, and a letter he wrote to his CO asking for a reference! Naturally it was declined.

Well... you can't say that he didn't try...:smile:

I've been helping my wife do her family history, I've been doing the military stuff for her.
We found a cousin of her Grandfather, who joined the Army on the 17th May 1918, when he was 18 years old
He was discharged on the 3rd February 1919, that's nine months service.
In that time he accrued at least 17 incidents of misconduct including failing to parade, at least five times! Insubordination, refusing a direct order, theft, resisting the guard, fainting on parade, conduct unbecoming a soldier, failing to salute a senior officer, failing to wear shoes on parade, late on church parade, failing to turn out when on guard, being found in the town centre after hours.
Drunk in baracks, making an inappropriate reply to and officer, absent from defaulter's roll call.
He was Court Martialed on the 12th July and was given 312 days detention.
This has to be some kind of record! He must have spent the majority of his military service in the Guard Room!
His papers read "Discharged, service no longer required" and on his record card it states; "He has a bad attitude"!:lol::lol:
He's lucky he wasn't shot!
Anyone here know of a more badly behaved soldier in their family?
might he have been *Irish* with a blue ribbon attached to his family *member*?

My dad spent 5 years in the army in the early 60s. 3 and half years of it was AWOL. When he wasn't AWOL, he was on the lash, scrapping, shagging and gambling. When he put his mind to it, he could actually do the job until he went out on the piss hence he made LCpl 5 times and Cpl 4 times. He tried saying he was better than me until I reminded him, I made LCpl once! Cpl once! and acting Sgt once! :D

Back