The Jane Fonda of our war?

Here's my opinion.

She was in charge, she is responsible for everything that happens, period. No "ifs", "ands" or "buts", if your name is the one that shows up as being in charge it is your job to make sure that nothing is going on that shouldn't have been. Why didn't she notice this?

I am not saying that she deserves all the blame, or that she really even participated, what I am saying is that according to what I have seen, heard and read she was in charge and she did not notice anything out of the ordinary and since she did notice anything then she is partly responsible, and since she was supposedly the one in charge then she will be/was held responsible, might not be fair but that is how the cookie crumbles.

I also think that the best thing for her to do would be to just let this go away, most Americans had forgotten about this till she wrote and very few will read it, now if Stephen King had written it it would be a best seller for 9 weeks straight.

Furthermore, I saw soemone tried to pull the Affirmitive Action card earlier, now I could be, and have been, wrong but I don't think Affirmitive Action applies in the military. I think national security is a little too important to put someone into a position of power based on what happened to someone in their family who lived and died over a hundred years ago. AA won't help in the long run, it will only create more hatred because people who were actually less qualified may think they were passed up just because of AA.

I don't care how responsible she is.

Jane Fonda was way worse than she or even Cindy Sheehan has been in this war.

Jane Fonda is a special kind of treason that should never be committed again unpunnished against American servicemen.

Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention that I think Jane Fonda is far worse, but I personally think that goes without saying, Fonda went out of her way to help the commies while Karpinski is guilty of.... being less careful than she appparently needed to be. That sounded like a nice way to put it.

Damien435 said:
....... Fonda went out of her way to help the commies while Karpinski is guilty of.... being less careful than she appparently needed to be.

I couldn't have put it any better (less careful).

SILKEN THOMAS said:
I think that one of the most important attributes of an officer, Warrant Officer or NCO is an ability to accept responsibility

Very true, in the Armed Forces, just as in the business world, you live and die by your decisions.

Back