James Brown passes away

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
ATLANTA, Georgia (AP) -- James Brown, the dynamic, pompadoured "Godfather of Soul," whose rasping vocals and revolutionary rhythms made him a founder of rap, funk and disco as well, died early Monday, his agent said. He was 73.

Another one of my generation's icons has passed. Pretty soon, we will have to learn to appreciate rap, not.

RIP.
Excellent music.

Does anyone by any chance know the movie he acted in where he played a priest at the end , I think. Hmm, it was 3000? I really forgot

Another one of my generation's icons has passed. Pretty soon, we will have to learn to appreciate rap, not.

like classic cars that are loved by todays people, his music will still be there somewhere :smil: But that doesnt mean you should not learn to drive new cars too :p

Last edited by a moderator:
RIP.
Excellent music.

like classic cars that are loved by todays people, his music will still be there somewhere :smil: But that doesnt mean you should not learn to drive new cars too :p

It's too late at my age MM, cars I can accept and even like the changes. Music is that part of your memories that make up your soul and heart. Every song of your youth will bring back memories like nothing else can.

Even if sock hops came back in style, they would not have the same meaning as they had in the `50s and `60s. I bet no one even remembers where the name "sock hop" came from.

Missileer said:
It's too late at my age MM, cars I can accept and even like the changes. Music is that part of your memories that make up your soul and heart. Every song of your youth will bring back memories like nothing else can.

Even if sock hops came back in style, they would not have the same meaning as they had in the `50s and `60s. I bet no one even remembers where the name "sock hop" came from.

well good sir, I wish you luck. We both need it :smil:

The cooler King said:
I think you are talking about The Blues Brothers, Mighty.

oh yea that. Thank you. There were some nice songs there :camo:

HELL NO!!!!!!

Rap - Retards Attempting Poetry

I listen to such great bands like Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, God Smack, Shine Down, and other such groups. But there is no rap in my music collection.

Back