J-10 on the 60 Anniversary Parade of China Air Force

longriver

J-10 on the 60 Anniversary Parade of China Air Force

attachment.php

The Jian-10 (J-10) is a multirole, all-weather fighter aircraft designed for both air-to-air and air-to-ground missions. The aircraft was designed by the Chengdu Aircraft Design Institute (611 Institute) and built by the Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC) of AVIC. The aircraft has been operational with the PLA Air Force (PLAAF) since 2003. The J-10 is available in the single-seat fighter variant J-10 and two-seater fighter-trainer variant J-10S. A further improved single-seat fighter variant designated J-10B reportedly made its maiden flight in February 2009.

Specifications

Crew: One (J-10); Two (J-10S)
Powerplant: 1X Russian Salyut AL-31FN turbofan
Thrust (dry): 76.2kN (7,770kg, 17,130 lb)
Thrust (afterburning): 122.55kN (12,500kg, 27,557 lb)
In-flight refuelling: Yes
Weapon: 23mm single-barrel cannon
External Hardpoints: 11 (five under the fuselage centerline; six under the wings)

Though im not a fan on Chinese equipment, these pictures sure look nice.

But I dont judge a book by its cover. F-117 looked nice and then it got shot down by ultranationalists.

im wondering how the intake and hardpoints affect radar signature
no offense but i wouldn't fly it
china will start making meaningful aircraft in about 15-20 yrs

11 Hardpoints is normal. Most aircraft have around 8-10-12.

I know, I think only the PLAAF and the Pakistani's would fly it. Im not sure why Pakistan is getting those JF-17's anyways, it is severely inferior to the Indian Su-30MKI. I wouldnt be surprised if the kill ratio is 7:1.

pakistan is being supplied with aid by america, but not enough to buy the oveerpriced american goods, so they settle on this
when trying to scare india, quantity is king

im wondering how the intake and hardpoints affect radar signature
no offense but i wouldn't fly it
china will start making meaningful aircraft in about 15-20 yrs

I'm not an expert on this topic but may be your assessment on aircraft making is a little bit pessimistic.

Back