I've got some good news:)

Gelinas

Well, it took me a long time to decide if I was going to post this or not, but in the end I decided I would. :D

I am young, but also very pregnant (Yes I know what you're thinking). Last Tuesday I went for my ultra sound to find out the sex of my baby, which is a boy :D. I went with my mom and dad and the whole time my mom was telling me "Oh, you'll love it." I was very happy that I'd get to find out if I was having a boy or girl but it was also the most uncomfortable I have ever been in my life. Any of you who have had an ultra sound know that you have to have a full bladder so you can see the baby better. Well, I didn't know that so the whole time that the nurses where bringing me water I was wondering what the heck they were doing? And when we got into a room I had to go pee very VERY badly. As many of you know pregnant women are emotional, and I seem to cry lots, so I started crying because I had to go pee so badly.(Actually last night I was watching W-Five and started to cry my eyes out because the moving people wouldn't give the poor woman her stuff.)

I thought I'd share my good news with you all, but please if you're going to leave a rude comment about me being pregnant at my age, please don't.

Edit: I was crying because as many of you know that if you have to go pee they give you a cup and only let you fill the cup up. But for those of you who have been pregnant know, that once you start it's very hard to stop. The nurses were giving me water because I had gone pee before I left.

If it's good news to you, then it _is_ good news and that's all that really matters. I wish you and your baby the best of luck. It sounds like you have supportive parents and that should be a big help.

Thank you. :D

I was actually worried about how people would react to reading it, but I am just so happy I thought I'd share it with everyone. When I told my dad I thought he was gonna have a heart attack, and up until he saw the pictures of the baby, he wanted me to give him up for adoption, which I am not going to do. My parents are supportive but very disappointed in me :cry: which I don't blame them, it wasn't like I meant to get pregnant. I was always that girl who thought "Ah, it wont happen to me!" I guess I was wrong.

My parents apparently are trying to see if I can go on that tv show "Dr. Phil" Anyone heard of it? :lol: I think it's kind of funny that they've written to him. It's not like I'm some sex crazed teen, it was a mistake, me and the guy were just stupid enough not to use a condom.

Vitaly said:
Is the father going to stay around and help out?

I hope, I'm not to sure though. He's a couple years older then me and I think my dad scared him off, but I do hope he'll be around.

I hope the best of health to you and the baby.
I know there are those who look down upon you but there simply is no reason for that. The most important day is today, and once we get through today you'll find a way to get through tomorrow. It means what you have is what counts.
You have a healthy, baby boy on the way and you also have supportive, caring parents. They can help you raise your baby while you continue your education (which you really should).
So don't pay attention to the critics.
And you might be concerned that guys may not want to marry women with a child. Well guess what? I have a friend getting married sometime in March and his fiancee has two children (they're both in their mid 30s). So don't worry :)
Have you come up with a name for your boy yet?

I am home schooling right now and will be through out the pregnancy and even after he comes along. :) I have thought of some names but I'm not sure, my dad thinks I should name him Gelinas (because thats my first name :lol: ) but I think I'm gonna go with Michael...because I love that name.

I'm actually pretty suprised I haven't gotten any angry replies. After I had posted the subject I was kicking myself because I thought lots of people were going to be very angry, but I'm glad they aren't.

with all the wolves here i doubt you'd have to worry about the vultures.

it's not the easy path you've chosen....but nothing good ever is easy.

i wish you luck

hey hey

Hey lady, good news if your are happy with it!

Sounds like your parents are very supportive with your choice, so what if the father don't stick around, you got the love from your family.

If it comes to money and the guy don't want nothing to do with it, thats what CSA is for.

I am sure with the love and help from people around you, you will turn out to be a good mother.

All the best

xxxx

;)

I've got an update about the father...since he is in his first year of university he doesn't want any distractions :x he told me that I should have made him wear a condom and it's my fault that he didn't so I should have to raise the baby. I don't want it to sound like I'm the "victim" here, but what was he doing sleeping with someone who's only 16? The idiot says a lot of things, I guess I was just stupid enough to believe what he said.

Gelinas said:
I've got an update about the father...since he is in his first year of university he doesn't want any distractions :x he told me that I should have made him wear a condom and it's my fault that he didn't so I should have to raise the baby. I don't want it to sound like I'm the "victim" here, but what was he doing sleeping with someone who's only 16? The idiot says a lot of things, I guess I was just stupid enough to believe what he said.

thats bull. a condom is something that you both should've been aware of, esp with him being the older party...hell, don't people have STD's in canada??? but him turning around and saying that you should've "made" him is bollox. i wouldn't expect this guy to stick around, and it's going to affect him for the rest of his life (child support etc) i've seen some people change their attitudes when the child is born....but don't bank on it.

Gelinas said:

I was worried that this would happen when I first seen this.

I think he is right though, I should have made him get one. But in my defence, he said he didn't have any so I thought "Alright, that's ok, it's not like I'm gonna get pregnant or anything." :lol: But the people I most blame for this, is my parents, though they may be caring and supportive now they weren't before. They always played favorites with me and my brother and since my brother had cancer a few years ago all their attention went to him. So I needed attention and this guy payed attention to me, and they're still paying more attention to my brother!

So to all the parents on this board, don't play favorites with your kids! You don't want your daughters telling you they're pregnant do you?

Okay I'm going to speak as a parent now so hold on, here comes my .02¢

First off, we are all responsible for our own actions. Facing that fact is called maturity. Being a parent now yourself you will need to be moving in that direction in a hurry. Your parents didn't get you pregnant - you and your boyfriend did. The consequences of that will be _your_ responsibilty and _his_. It will _not_ be your parents'.

Now as to "playing favorites". Having a child who has cancer is an ordeal I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Your parents are dealing with the possibilty of the end of life for your brother while your's is the bringing into the world new life. They are not comparible. Parents react to what is the worst case most predominently. Your brother's case is far worse than your's and I'm sure if you really think about it you'll agree with that yourself. No parent should be faulted if they pay more attention to the child that has a life threatening illness than they do the child that doesn't. It is a perfectly normal reaction. They are dealing with the idea that that child may not be there to cherish much longer while the other child doesn't have that possibility. I don't mean that it's okay for them to ignore you, however. From what you've said, it doesn't sound like they are though. Try to have some understanding of them. When you bring that little boy into this world you'll see all the more clearly how they feel. Any threat to your son will be paramount among all considerations to you. That's natural and the way it's supposed to be.

Charge_7 said:
Okay I'm going to speak as a parent now so hold on, here comes my .02¢

First off, we are all responsible for our own actions. Facing that fact is called maturity. Being a parent now yourself you will need to be moving in that direction in a hurry. Your parents didn't get you pregnant - you and your boyfriend did. The consequences of that will be _your_ responsibilty and _his_. It will _not_ be your parents'.

Now as to "playing favorites". Having a child who has cancer is an ordeal I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Your parents are dealing with the possibilty of the end of life for your brother while your's is the bringing into the world new life. They are not comparible. Parents react to what is the worst case most predominently. Your brother's case is far worse than your's and I'm sure if you really think about it you'll agree with that yourself. No parent should be faulted if they pay more attention to the child that has a life threatening illness than they do the child that doesn't. It is a perfectly normal reaction. They are dealing with the idea that that child may not be there to cherish much longer while the other child doesn't have that possibility. I don't mean that it's okay for them to ignore you, however. From what you've said, it doesn't sound like they are though. Try to have some understanding of them. When you bring that little boy into this world you'll see all the more clearly how they feel. Any threat to your son will be paramount among all considerations to you. That's natural and the way it's supposed to be.

When my brother was in the hospital (He's home now) I had to raise myself. My parents are divorced now and were when my brother was in the hospital..but they spent every single day with him. I would see them like once a week, is it really fair for them to spend that much time with my brother when they had a daughter who needed them as well? My brother wasn't going to die from the cancer, they knew that. You're right, maybe it is immature for me to blame them, but I do know if I'd gotten the attention I needed and deserved I wouldn't be in this situation.

I think that there really isn't any point to look at how or why. Instead prepare for raising your child.

good luck boy...and i hope that that father comes around to help you out. like charge said your giving life and you people can cherish it...hes dieing...cant enjoy that..

P.S. you could make a thread on what to name your baby boy lol

Back