I've got some good news:) - Page 6

--
Boots

February 15th, 2005  
Gelinas

I know I have a big part in me getting pregnant, and why shouldn't I do the "poor me" thing? I wouldn't of been in this position in the first place if my parents had paid attention to me. I also wouldn't of lost all but 3 of my friends because of this. You're right, I will have to suck it up, but I also know that I have 4 months until the baby comes, and that's a long ways away.
February 15th, 2005  
Vitaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelinas
I also wouldn't of lost all but 3 of my friends because of this.
Damn, I'm sorry, that's gotta be the worst.
February 15th, 2005  
Gelinas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitaly
Damn, I'm sorry, that's gotta be the worst.
Not as bad as the whole pregnancy.
--
Boots
February 15th, 2005  
Charge 7

"I am sure some guy is going to chime in here with the "man doesn't get a choice" issue. Too bad, you play, you pay."

Courtney, I couldn't agree with you more.

Gelinas, having lost "friends" myself when life hit a rough stretch, I'll give you something to think about. It's when times are tough that you find out who your _real_ friends are. Look at it this way, you no longer have to spend time and emotional effort on people who never were really your friends to begin with and you can find the value in those who remain and always were your friends.

Sorry but I'm not going to let you off the hook with blaming your parents. You can blame them for the emotional state you were in at the time but not the choice you made. That was your choice and the father's alone. Courtney's right. It's past time to be considering blame and move on to what needs to be done _now_.
February 15th, 2005  
Gelinas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
Sorry but I'm not going to let you off the hook with blaming your parents. You can blame them for the emotional state you were in at the time but not the choice you made. That was your choice and the father's alone. Courtney's right. It's past time to be considering blame and move on to what needs to be done _now_.
I can blame them for it because the emotional state I was in effected the choice I made and I personally think my parents should blame themselves and not be so upset with me. Sure I made a mistake, but doesn't everyone? I will move on, but I'm still a long ways away from having this baby.

The reason I brought up my parents in the first place was so that all the parents in these forums will know not to play favorites with their children. Look at what happens when you do!
February 15th, 2005  
Missileer

Gelinas, my wife and I married at 17 because of the same reason as you and have been together and happy since Oct. 20th, 1962. We had two boys and 1 girl. I know that the male of the species is the aggressor in these situations. It's just the way we're built. My daughter was pregnant at 16 and we pretty well raised my Grandson and made an exceptional man out of him. All of my family has had the chance to attend College and most of us finished. We are a very supportive family and if one of the kids needed a car to get to school or work, I found a way to get them one. You have to have family support. I made my kids a promise that they could live with my wife and I until they felt they were able to support themselves and all did. I said that to say this. Life handed us a problem and we turned it into an opportunity. I know my story is not the norm but I believe that anyone can overcome just about any problem as long as they have a supportive family/friends.
February 16th, 2005  
Gelinas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileer
Gelinas, my wife and I married at 17 because of the same reason as you and have been together and happy since Oct. 20th, 1962. We had two boys and 1 girl. I know that the male of the species is the aggressor in these situations. It's just the way we're built. My daughter was pregnant at 16 and we pretty well raised my Grandson and made an exceptional man out of him. All of my family has had the chance to attend College and most of us finished. We are a very supportive family and if one of the kids needed a car to get to school or work, I found a way to get them one. You have to have family support. I made my kids a promise that they could live with my wife and I until they felt they were able to support themselves and all did. I said that to say this. Life handed us a problem and we turned it into an opportunity. I know my story is not the norm but I believe that anyone can overcome just about any problem as long as they have a supportive family/friends.
Well I hope I wont have to marry this guy. But I'm happy for you, it's nice to see a man step up to the plate. Unfortunately I'm 99% sure this guy wont, so I agree with you about having supportive friends/family. Even if for some strange reason my parents decide to not support me I'm sure I could raise this kid on my own. After all the mother on "Gilmore Girls" did, so how hard could it be?
February 16th, 2005  
Vitaly

Do you even talk to the guy, after you told him about the pregnancy that is?
February 16th, 2005  
Gelinas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitaly
Do you even talk to the guy, after you told him about the pregnancy that is?
Unfortunately I do....I've had a few run ins with him, all of which have ended badly. I didn't even know I was pregnant for...well I'm not exactly sure how long, but I do know is that I hid it from my parents for a while. I wore baggy pants and oversized hoodies, so if you ever see your sister/daughter wearing stuff like that better make sure she's not pregnant.
February 16th, 2005  
EagleZtrike

So are you saying that your guy isn't that good of a person. It doens't seem he's going to be there for you.