I've gained my dad's blessing...

Damien

I spoke to my dad this weekend about Early enlistment and this is how it went:

Me: Hey dad, how would you feel about my signing up for the Marine Corps on my 17th birthday?

Dad: It's up to you... I think that would be awesome! What job do you have planned?

Me: Either MP's or SpecFor. But I heard for SpecFor in the Marines you have to have perfect marks in both Rifle and Pistol.

Dad: Well, we'll have to go to the range more so you can practice with my .22 and 9mm...

I'm so excited! I just need to talk my mom into it now and I'm set... I have 5 months to convince her.

Yeah, I know how it feels, I've been working over both my parents to let me DEP into the Army for MP training the day or the day after I turn 17. My dad seems cool with it, but my mom is not quite around... Good luck though with your mom! :rambo:

Yeah, mom's have had a problem with it these days...

She's starting to cave... it should be no problem.

ultimately you are an adult (well almost) and you should be able to make up your own decisions (tho i dont reccommend running away to remote locations for holidays on a seconds notice :lol: )

best luck with your accuracy!!!

rifles shouldn't be too hard for me... I went to a simulator with realistic size and all weapons (you have to do all the bolt work and whatnot to load an M4, etc.) and in one simulation, I got 7 kills where everyone else got 1 or 2.

pistols? I need work.

Damien said:
I spoke to my dad this weekend about Early enlistment and this is how it went:

Me: Hey dad, how would you feel about my signing up for the Marine Corps on my 17th birthday?

Dad: It's up to you... I think that would be awesome! What job do you have planned?

Me: Either MP's or SpecFor. But I heard for SpecFor in the Marines you have to have perfect marks in both Rifle and Pistol.

Dad: Well, we'll have to go to the range more so you can practice with my .22 and 9mm...

I'm so excited! I just need to talk my mom into it now and I'm set... I have 5 months to convince her.
You have to be like a Sargeant in order to be an MP, in the Marine Corps. I don't know why you just do.

I'm in JROTC, so I'll get the automatic boost to PFC...

then I'll just have to deal with LCpl, Cpl, and then Sgt.

Negative, you just automatically earn a higher pay because you already have leadership experience. From what I have heard, it is similar if a person is an Eagle Scout. When upon completion of basic, a person can be raised to the level of pfc. This is what I have been told by several sources including a Marine that is an Eagle Scout.

i know what u mean i got my dad all for it, mom on the other hand no way.

I'm all good with the shooting i would a 38 special, sheriff regulated guns, and many rifles. My moms a sheriff and we go to the range with the other sheriffs and i took the test for the hell of it and passed with a 96% shooting accuracy and reaction. I'm also in the national rifle association. so i'm all good in the shooting field.

I'm gettin my pilots license also this summer, so i have that out of the way. i'm also a SARs member and radio operations certified, so idk what shes worried about.

I want to go into the USMC as a JAG, so its not like i would see the front lines anytimes soon. don't get me wrong if they ask, i would be up there in a heart beat.

Back