I've completed enlistment. Basic training in three weeks!

Toyuzu

Okay, the process is finally complete. I went back to MEPS Yesterday and chose my MOS. I wanted something technical, and they offered 94M (Radar systems repair) but I couldn't get the top secret clearance due to having bad credit. So I decided to choose something simple that I already am qualified for and clean up my credit so I can choose an MOS more to my liking when I re-enlist.

I already have truck driving experience, so I chose 88M (motor transport operator) with a three year enlistment and I'm also going airborne. I ship on the 21st. of this month. I am finally going to have the opportunity to serve my country. This is what I was meant to do! :m1:

Champion effort. Good on'ya. I can't believe bad credit has any effect on your security clearance. That just sound ridiculous to me. It certainly has no effect in the Australian army. How can neglecting to pay your credit card bill when your 18 be a guide to your security capability 10 years later for example. Thats just my thoughts.

It does have an effect on your security clearance. If you consider the amount of money some countries are willing to pay for miltary secrets.

If you have trouble making your bills or are financially irresponsible then they look at that as a liability. Possibly you would be willing to sell some information (secrets or otherwise) for cash to help pay your debts.

Marinerhodes said:
It does have an effect on your security clearance. If you consider the amount of money some countries are willing to pay for miltary secrets.

If you have trouble making your bills or are financially irresponsible then they look at that as a liability. Possibly you would be willing to sell some information (secrets or otherwise) for cash to help pay your debts.

That's it exactly.

Back