It's That Time Of Year!

College football, baby! Started tonight with a rather mundane game played by South Carolina and NC State.

Boise State and Oregon playing now, but no score so far. I'll be sure to let yall know how that one ends up.

This is THE place to discuss your predictions, opinions, and wishes for the year. I know Fox and Sevens are both excited for it! Think the 'Horns can do it this year, Fox??

The eyes of Texas are upon you,
All the live long day.
You cannot get away.
Do not think you can escape them
At night, or early in the morn'.
The eyes of Texas are upon you
Till Gabriel blows his horns!​

You got that right, Henderson! The 'Horns are going make it all the way!​

I know TI won't agree with me on this one.

:mrgreen:​

Hahaha. Yeah, I dunno if I can either. ;) Although I'm not expecting much from my Dawgs either. Who you got for the Heisman this year?

GOOOOOO...............anyone but Bull S*** U and Loser State U......:)

I hope my Irish have a better year this year. *sigh* Its been tough to be a Notre Dame fan the past couple of years. :(

There are few things in the world that I hate more than BS University. I don't like the Ducks, either, so I didn't even bother tuning into the game.

And since this is kind of a rebuilding year for Notre Dame, you're probably right. But I do live in hope for my Irish to pull out a win. :)

I think Navy has a good chance of taking Ohio State. Georgia will win, too, I think. I can't decide who will take the Maryland-California game.......

Last edited:
The eyes of Texas are upon you,​

All the live long day.
You cannot get away.
Do not think you can escape them
At night, or early in the morn'.
The eyes of Texas are upon you
Till Gabriel blows his horns!​

You got that right, Henderson! The 'Horns are going make it all the way!​

Hehehehhehehehehe.........:mrgreen:

Longhorns-1.jpg
TEXAS-4.jpg

Last edited:
Henderson, my highest bet is that Colt McCoy will get the Heisman trophy this year.

Sky, thought you're sided with UTEP? :p Who will you gonna root for when it comes to Texas Vs. UTEP this season?

Sky, thought you're sided with UTEP? :p Who will you gonna root for when it comes to Texas Vs. UTEP this season?

I love the longhorns...but my heart will always beat UTEP! when it comes to tha' 2 texan teams playin'..........

UTEP.gif
ut_texas_longhorns.jpg

Navy looked GREAT! No offense, but OSU does NOT deserve number 6. Not with performances like that against Navy.

Texas dominating. Florida dominating. Georgia disappointing... Looks like another year. *rolls eyes*

Alabama Virginia Tech looks GREAT.

And your Horns dominated Louisiana-Monroe. I'm sure you're thrilled. ;)

UNC looked awesome against The Citadel. Hopefully that brings some solace to istealfreefood since Navy lost. :)

And how about Penn State!? Coach Paterno's 44th year with the team and a nice win. Coolness.

I feel a little sorry for Western Kentucky after that 63-7 spanking Tennessee gave them.

BAMA and VT has been a nice tight game, though. I like these much better than blowouts. More entertaining because you just don't know who will come out on top in the end.

All in all, I have to say opening day has been good. :)

Navy looked GREAT! No offense, but OSU does NOT deserve number 6. Not with performances like that against Navy.
Take into account the Flexbone offense, but the OSU offensive management in the second half was, well, offensive. 3rd and long is NOT a good time for a draw play!

I think USC will take it in the end. Definitely going to be one of the better games this next week, that's for sure.

Back