It's a Small World

crazytanker

So I went onto post today to take care of a couple of things and oh and behold, I see someone I hoped I'd NEVER see again. I see the bald headed son of a gun who was the bane of my existence during basic training. This guy was in my face 20hrs/day, 6d/week. I breathed wrong and he sailed on me. One time he took a magnifying glass and threatened to kick my a$$ if he found a single spec of dust/dirt/grime on my M-16 - which of course he didn't but still. I've since realized that it was PROBABLY for my own good, and if it hadn't been for that man, I probably wouldn't be where I am. That doesn't mean that back then I didn't hate him from his perfectly tight bootlaces to the angle he wore his campaign hat at. Oddly enough, I wear my campaign hat at nearly the same angle...

Just wanted to share.

Crazytanker,
That guy may just have maybe, could of, saved your life. Even though he may have been the bane of your existence, you know that. And I am very glad that you are here today!

Dadsgirl

Crazytanker,
That guy may just have maybe, could of, saved your life. Even though he may have been the bane of your existence, you know that. And I am very glad that you are here today!

Dadsgirl

I'm pretty sure that guy DID save my life. He made me work to a higher standard, which I still hold myself and my recruits to now. I think that because of him, I am where I am now. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have strived for excellence all through my career in the military.

Back