It's the news media now .....

CABAL, that is probably right on the money. I'm getting tired of seeing nothing but carnage and sensationalized stories being reported, myself. The media in general needs to gets its act together, in my opinion.
Amen.

Pop-a-squat said:
CABAL, that is probably right on the money. I'm getting tired of seeing nothing but carnage and sensationalized stories being reported, myself. The media in general needs to gets its act together, in my opinion.
I'll tell you what I'd really like to see .....

There are those of you out there that will remember the great Edward R Murrow ... what I'd like to see would be 'real' newsmen that had the integrity of a Murrow that basically told a certain Commie hunting politician to go to h*ll when questioned about his activities.

All we have today are cretins who call themselves 'members of the press' who have forgotten how to separate themselves from the news they 'report' and are too interested in playing up to certain politicians so they can be a 'political insider'. It used to be a newsman WORKED very hard to be sure that his/her story was absolutely rock bottom 110% accurate and would NEVER stoop to reporting rumor as fact or real news.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A REAL NEWSMAN WHO WOULD REPORT THE NEWS AND GIVE BOTH SIDES OF THE STORY WITHOUT INSERTING HIS/HER OWN BIAS TO THE STORY.

Integrity has been one of the victims of 24/7 all the time adnauseum reporting of the news. It is no longer news, it has become entertainment.

I am afraid you are right Chief, and it ain't about to change. People pay more for entertainment then for news...

Plenty of you gentlemen are obviously cheesed off about the US medias bias and putting out too many "bad" news stories about Iraq.

Has anyone got any links on "good" news stories from Iraq. Some of you must have plenty. I would like to share some of them with my cynical friends. You can PM me if you wish.

Strongbow said:
Plenty of you gentlemen are obviously cheesed off about the US medias bias and putting out too many "bad" news stories about Iraq.

It isn't so much that they are "bad," it's that they are written with bias. They aren't simply reporting a bombing at the local IP station, they're making it seem like it happens daily and keeping with the undertone that the war in Iraq is a complete failure.

There's good and bad in Iraq, but good doesn't sell like carnage. Added to the fact that the media has an ax to grind over OIF, there's nothing they won't do to paint it in a bad light. Even to the point where they make up stories (yes, it's happened) of events that didn't even occur. When I was over there, there were several occasions I would read the news about the very AO I was in, and it would have details of a conflict or bombing that didn't even occur. Or, we'd have a small encounter with some AIF, and they'd make it out to be WWIII.

If you're looking for the positives coming out of Iraq, you won't find them in the mainstream media. Check some of the humanitarian websites (forget Amnesty International, their agenda is too big). Also check out some independant sites.

http://www.kmax.ws/b/goodnewsiniraq.htm

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2005/06/06/000627.php

You can do a google and get a lot of sites, stories and articles. Many written by US military.

I can honestly say, even though I despise the place that is Iraq, I experienced, witnessed and many times participated in just as many positives as I did negatives while I was there.

Back