Italy

dougal

Italians love their mobile phones and often carry out love affairs over them -- but they must beware, flirting with text messages can carry a fine.

A judge in the northern Italian town of Padua on Monday found a man who sent an unsolicited compliment by SMS guilty of harassment and fined him 300 euros, Italian news agency Ansa reported.

"Since you appeared before my eyes I can't do anything but think of you," the man had written to a clerk while on lunch break, Ansa said. She took the offending sms to the police.

Italians own more mobile phones and send more text messages per person than any other European country, according to Eurostat and Censis surveys.

I think Italian Guy won't disagree when we say that a lot of these Italian guys are just NUTS when it comes to women. Foreign women like going to Italy because of the incredible attention they get while they're there.

Well yeah. Actually, most Europeans believe Italians are the same old machos or that they're flirtacious 7/24 around the clock.

Italian guys are changing too, though: we are extremely stressed and - like any other european people, we are letting women dominate. So what you guys said still retains some truth but is unfortunately becoming more and more a stereotype.
Aside from me, of course 8)

Back