Italy to charge US Soldier with homocide

PJ24

Italians Seek U.S. Help in Shooting Probe

GRRR - I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. It was sad that the agent lost his life, but let's face it, the circumstances of that incident were more tragic than criminal. Lack of communication between the Italian and the American commanders caused this, nothing else. I hope the US stands her ground and doesn't let Italy railroad this young Soldier.

It'll never fly. It's like a German citizen of today saying they want all P-51 pilots investigated because one of his Great Uncles was killed when a German troop train was attacked. The civilians should not have been riding in an unmarked car at night in hostile country. I'm sure James Bond could have pulled it off but this poor guy was dead man walking when he entered a war zone without warning the troops first.

Well, this is a tough situtation. Was it a case of premeditated murder? No, not in my opinion. It was a case of Friendly Fire. I believe that Mario Lozano should not be tried for murder. It was a mistake of war. Not of the individual. At most Mario Lozano should apologize and wish his condolences to the family of the Italin Special Agent.

Mistakes are made in war all the time. Friendly Fire is a horrible thing. But it is a fact of life in a battle field. Sadly it has once again happened. I truly hope that this situtation can be resolved with a court trail. I also hope that this does not put a rift between our two nations. Italy and the United States of America have been allies through worse periods of time. We stay as allies.

Luis (5.56X45MM)

Back