Itallians...

I thought all Poms had Italian ancestry after all what are the English but Romans that forgot to go home.

:)

When Claudius and his army invaded, the tribes living in England legged it up north pushing the Scottish tribes out, who went to Ireland, where the tribes jumped over to Wales pushing the people there into England!
Then came the Saxons, and the Vikings, finally in 1066 the French so what the hell is an Englishman? :lol:

Where in Essex 42RM? Both of my kids were born in St Johns Chelmsford. We use to live in East Tilbury, then moved to South Woodham Ferrers.
I was born in Thundersley, Castle Point and lived there until I was 16 when we moved to London.

And the existing British Celtic-speaking population was displaced by the Anglo-Saxons - A ruling elite who imposed their culture on the local population. Basically a German trade mark. :wink:
:-D :-D :thumb:
Touché my friend
:cheers:

LOL The thing is, it don't piss us off as much as you think. In actual fact the real POMs are the Aussies and the Kiwi's.:drink:

Not really we were just lateral thinkers.... And came up with a cunning plan of escape.

We stole hankies. Got sent on a cruise to paradise. Worked for a bit and got given a plot of land as "punishment"... Not a bad deal considering they were going no where before :p:sarc:

LOL The thing is, it don't piss us off as much as you think. In actual fact the real POMs are the Aussies and the Kiwi's.:drink:

Where in Essex 42RM? Both of my kids were born in St Johns Chelmsford. We use to live in East Tilbury, then moved to South Woodham Ferrers.

When I came back from Singapore I did have a very dark sun tan as well as (or did) dark almost black hair and dark brown eyes. I walked into a pub not far from home and i immediately became the center of attention as follows:-

Drinker. "Bloody immigrants coming in our pubs!"

I take off my wrist watch to show the skin underneath

Drinker "You been on holiday mate, that's one hell of a sun tan?"

Me "You could say that, two and half years in the Far East."

Drinker "Two and a half years holiday. You rich or summat???"

Me "I'm in the RAF I just did a tour there."

Drinker "Your in the RAF? What you doing in the RAF?"

Me "Getting drunk as often as I can when I can at her majesties pleasure and annoying everyone I come across in far off lands."

Drinker "Blimey have a pint on me mate."

Strangely enough I staggered out of the pub and it didn't cost me a penny (we had pennies in those days.)

Like I said once before, Mr Brit- Tell 'em Ace!

When Claudius and his army invaded, the tribes living in England legged it up north pushing the Scottish tribes out, who went to Ireland, where the tribes jumped over to Wales pushing the people there into England!
Then came the Saxons, and the Vikings, finally in 1066 the French so what the hell is an Englishman? :lol:

My question exactly... Is there no true Englishman in this forum???;-);-);-)

Not really we were just lateral thinkers.... And came up with a cunning plan of escape.

We stole hankies. Got sent on a cruise to paradise. Worked for a bit and got given a plot of land as "punishment"... Not a bad deal considering they were going no where before :p:sarc:

You are not wrong. I always knew you buggers were sneaky.

Like I said once before, Mr Brit- Tell 'em Ace!

Good lor I haven't heard that term in 40 years.

My question exactly... Is there no true Englishman in this forum???

I am, I fly the English flag over there:-D

Last edited:
Always remember: No Italian is afraid to laugh at his own limitations and defects...
(For example, I find the sequence Rossi - Biaggi ... Schettino very good!! :love: :rockin:):angel:

Thats a good one. Reminds me of a doctor we had when I was working in a hospital, in the Accident & Emergency Department. This doctor's name is Jesus D. Villamoor (a Phillipine guy). Whenever he is on duty, the nurses will always tell the patient after triage- You will be with Jesus in a short while!... You should see the look on the patient- priceless!

LOL.... in Miami Jesus is about as common as Juan, Jose, Carlos, and Jorge. So to me it's nothing new or fancy. But then again in Spanish Jesus isn't pronounced as Jez-Us... it's He-Suss. Yeah... trying to describe accents through text on the internet is hard.

The true Englishmen came over to my side of the pond and then kicked the bloody lot of sissies out through Musket Fire and a tiny, winy, small, little help from the French Navy. :oops: :cheers:

As for my historical roots. My family came to the USA due to some asshat name Fidel Castro and we came to Cuba because of King Alfonso XIII of Spain decided to get into a little argument with the USA and my Great Grandfather was sent to Cuba during that spat.... the Spanish-American War. Spain lost and my Great Grandfather decided it was nice and warm in Cuba.... so he stayed! No snow, no cold, and all the sexy chicas on the beach along with rum and fine tobacco. He thought what could go wrong.

But of course the Northern Imperialist Yankee Snow Birds from places like New York all think I am Italian of course due to my charming good looks, sexy suave attitude, style of dress, vehicles, amazing love making skills, and my middle name.... Antonio. :angel: Of course though.... it's all because of that and not the middle name.... nope. My middle name has nothing to do with that (HUGE EGO ALERT!) :cool:

Back