Italians support shift in Afghan strategy (AP)

Italy is willing to support the actions in Afghanistan. More than what a lot of "allies" do. Suggest you show some respect for their soldiers.

Italy is willing to support the actions in Afghanistan. More than what a lot of "allies" do. Suggest you show some respect for their soldiers.
Suggest you keep your suggestions to yourself Chuk. Who do you think you are? The almighty forum police? Did someone make you a mod when I wasn't looking? I didn't think so.
I'll match my combat experience to yours any day of any year. I have served shoulder to shoulder with Italian soldiers. You? No disrespect was intended to the fallen so lighten up.
It's just business as usual for Italian politics from my pov. We'll see how long Italy is willing to support the efforts in A'stan won't we?
Go ahead and report this post to the real mods if you want. It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. Suggest you show some respect to forum members.

Last edited:
Suggest you keep your suggestions to yourself Chuk. Who do you think you are? The almighty forum police? Did someone make you a mod when I wasn't looking? I didn't think so.
I'll match my combat experience to yours any day of any year. I have served shoulder to shoulder with Italian soldiers. You? No disrespect was intended to the fallen so lighten up.
It's just business as usual for Italian politics from my pov. We'll see how long Italy is willing to support the efforts in A'stan won't we?
Go ahead and report this post to the real mods if you want. It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. Suggest you show some respect to forum members.

Which is it? Attack their soldiers or their country, either way it is you who need to show respect for others.

Italy has been in Afganistan and Iraq all along.

Last edited:
Mighty Mouse, you really have to chill out.
Those guys gave their lives for what is essentially a war that's being led by America. To put your countrymen under the overall command of the leadership of another country is always asking a lot and to lose men that way is always harder to take.
I guess America takes it for granted because it happens with Americans in command of a multi-national force but how would your reaction be if American forces were put under the command of the French and eight soldiers died in a war where the strategy is considered flawed by even the men who are running it?

Hey thanks for the sage advice. I'm fine, I don't need to chill out. I said nothing disparaging to the Italians troops. If I did, go ahead and quote it for me.......
I'm waiting.
You need to stop jumping on people at every chance and then getting your panties in a wad when they defend themselves. Grow up, thicken up that skin.
My comments were about Italian politics only. You don't like it, fine. I don't care. I'll say it again: It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.
From what I can see you guys need the chilling.

You realize I'm actually defending Chupike.
Which probably means you screwed up pretty badly.
You made no clear reference to politics, rather towards Italy itself (country bashing) and also towards their withdrawl from Afghanistan which is what their military will be doing.

That's right. Withdrawal of troops is a political decision. I didn't screw up at all - you misinterpreted my post. You screwed up in that respect. All you had to do was ask me to clarify instead of attacking me.
I think Chuk is capable of defending himself (it is kind of funny though). I'm glad I could bring you guys closer together.

At the very least it shows your misinterpretation of my post and an unfounded accusation. Sounds like you jumped to a conclusion and attacked me for something I didn't say at all. Yep, an attack any way you look at it.

Back