The Italian left: Nothing like the US left.

mmarsh said:
You do know that both Kennedy (Army) and Kerry (Navy) both actually served in the US Armed forces. Kerry is a Vietnam combat vet. With that in mind, 'doesnt gives a rats ass about the troops' rings rather hollow...

Actually, his congressional voting record on military spending pretty much hammers home the fact that Kerry has little regard for the military.

Just because someone is a combat vet doesn't mean he hasn't sold out to become a politician.

Kerry knows and understands very little about today's military as evident by some of his comments during the election.

Those that I mention are scum when it comes to their support of the military.

Look at their voting records, political issues that they campaign on, and those they hang around with.

PJ24 said:
Actually, his congressional voting record on military spending pretty much hammers home the fact that Kerry has little regard for the military.

Just because someone is a combat vet doesn't mean he hasn't sold out to become a politician.

Kerry knows and understands very little about today's military as evident by some of his comments during the election.

Well here a article of Kerry record on defense for the past 20 years:

http://www.slate.com/id/2096127/

I didnt agree on everthing he did. But I dont see anything thats anti-military aside from voting against particular projects that were clearly unnecessary. As the article points out GHW.Bush boasted about cutting Defense 30%. Does anyone accuse him of being anti-military?

Remember Eisenhowers warning about the predretory nature of the Defence Industry Complex?

Truth is during the 2004 election most of those that attacked Kerrys military record and experiance had very little military experiances of their own.

Last edited:
Maybe they just don't know where appropriate behavior belongs, even if that was a funny joke or something the last place to say it would be a funeral. Italy has some crazy politics where the parties despise each other and rarely work together, what ever happened to the good 'ol roman days when a senate would convene and get nothing done, only to have the emperor to do something anyway? Where's your goddamn emperor italy, the plebians have a right to be dominated by power hungry demagogues!

WarMachine said:
Maybe they just don't know where appropriate behavior belongs, even if that was a funny joke or something the last place to say it would be a funeral. Italy has some crazy politics where the parties despise each other and rarely work together, what ever happened to the good 'ol roman days when a senate would convene and get nothing done, only to have the emperor to do something anyway? Where's your goddamn emperor italy, the plebians have a right to be dominated by power hungry demagogues!

You're right about Italian politician, but Berlusconi is something entirely different than the others.

I just wonder why they bothered to attend at all. Their attitude toward is obvious even to me and I don't know anything about Italian politics. I do know that I wouldn't welcome people like that (or Kennedys, Clintons, or Kerrys for that matter)to a funeral of any of my comrades in arms. At the very least it's hypocritical and at its worst it's rude and disrespectful. IMHO, there is no excuse for that behavior.

Who does Kerry support? Himself.

SENATOR JOHN FORBES KERRY REFUSED TO PROVIDE ANY
RESPONSES TO CITIZENS ON ISSUES THROUGH THE
NATIONAL POLITICAL AWARENESS TEST

SENATOR JOHN FORBES KERRY REFUSED TO PROVIDE THIS INFORMATION WHEN ASKED TO DO SO ON 23 SEPARATE OCCASIONS BY:

MSNBC
CBS News
Cox Newspapers
Knight Ridder
National Journal
MTV
New Hampshire Public Broadcasting
Tucson Citizen
St. Paul Pioneer Press
Portsmouth Herald
Nashua Telegraph
Iowa Public Radio
Ames Daily Tribune
Cedar Rapids Gazette
Iowa City Press
The State (SC)
WHYY Philadelphia
San Jose Mercury News
Geraldine Ferraro, Former Democratic Congresswoman
Michael Dukakis, Fomer Democratic Governor
Bill Frenzel, Former Republican Congressman
Jim Leach, Republican Congressman
Richard Kimball, Project Vote Smart President
http://www.vote-smart.org/npat.php?can_id=S0421103

JOHN KERRY (D-MA)
Top Contributors

1 FleetBoston Financial $56,750
2 Mintz, Levin et al $47,200
3 Verizon Communications $46,650
4 Cassidy & Assoc/Interpublic Group $44,750
5 State Street Corp $29,200
6 Hale & Dorr $24,700
7 Farallon Capital Management $22,500
8 Credit Suisse Group $22,000
9 Microsoft Corp $21,250
10 John Hancock Financial Services $21,150
11 Harvard University $20,800
12 JP Morgan Chase & Co $20,500
13 Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance $20,200
14 Goldman Sachs $18,400
15 Vivendi Universal $18,050
16 Skadden, Arps et al $18,000
17 News Corp $17,300
18 Robins, Kaplan et al $16,950
19 Liberty Mutual Insurance $16,500
20 Foley Hoag LLP $16,250
http://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/contrib.asp?CID=N00000245&cycle=2006

Military Issues
(Back to top)

2003-2004 Senator Kerry supported the interests of the Women's Action for New Directions (WAND) and-WILL 38 percent in 2003-2004.

2003 Senator Kerry supported the interests of the Non Commissioned Officers Association 0 percent in 2003.

2002 Senator Kerry supported the interests of the Non Commissioned Officers Association 100 percent in 2002.

2001-2002 Senator Kerry supported the interests of the Women's Action for New Directions (WAND) and-WILL 81 percent in 2001-2002.

2001 Senator Kerry supported the interests of the Non Commissioned Officers Association 100 percent in 2001.

2000 Senator Kerry supported the interests of the Military Officers Association of America 66 percent in 2000.
http://www.vote-smart.org/issue_rating_category.php?can_id=S0421103

National Security Issues
(Back to top)

2003-2004 Senator Kerry supported the interests of the Center for Security Policy 0 percent in 2003-2004.

2003-2004 Senator Kerry supported the interests of the American Security Council 29 percent in 2003-2004.

2002 Senator Kerry supported the interests of the American Security Council 75 percent in 2002.

1998-2002 Senator Kerry supported the interests of the Center for Security Policy 25 percent in 1998-2002.

Veterans Issues
(Back to top)

2005 Senator Kerry supported the interests of the Disabled American Veterans 92 percent in 2005.

2004 Senator Kerry supported the interests of the Disabled American Veterans 50 percent in 2004.

2004 On the votes that the The Retired Enlisted Association considered to be the most important in 2004, Senator Kerry voted their preferred position 0 percent of the time.

2003-2004 Senator Kerry supported the interests of the Vietnam Veterans of America 0 percent in 2003-2004.

His complete voting record can be seen here...
http://www.vote-smart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=S0421103

As you can see his support is as firm as overcooked capellini.
:roll:

They have human owners. In our system Rabs every representative from dog catcher to POTUS is for sale to the highest bidders. Money buys influence and influence buys tax breaks, ambassadorships, etc.

Pssh, our campaigns are so extravagent that we could finance small countries on just one party's ticket. It usually begins in spring or late winter and lasts til november elections, that's most of the year people are campaigning. Is this unusual to the non US members here?

Italian Guy said:
You're right about Italian politician, but Berlusconi is something entirely different than the others.

wasn't berlusconi uinder investigation for phone sex? Or was that someone else in Italy?

I remember reading in Newsweek or US News & World Report about some bigwig who was under current investigation for soliciting phone sex for votes.

WarMachine said:
Guys, i think this says it all about berlusconi
http://youtube.com/watch?v=p2TRnDBI2o4

And you wonder why he lost by .1%?

He actually received 50,2 % of the votes, but what do you mean by that?
1. It is a fake, can't you see?
2. This shouldn't have been posted on this thread though. See, the video is not real, while the pictures of the leaders of the left is true and accurate. Now who cuts the poor figure?

Last edited:
Italian Guy said:
He actually received 50,2 % of the votes, but what do you mean by that?
1. It is a fake, can't you see?
2. This shouldn't have been posted on this thread though. See, the video is not real, while the pictures of the leaders of the left is true and accurate. Now who cuts the poor figure?

But who did the counting on his behalf? I am willing to wager a substantial amount that the left and the right have deviant numbers. But nobody will ever know who's right! All I can say is that Berlusconi worked on my nerves. I have no specific reason or cause, but everytime I saw his face on the tele I had this gut feeling.

Ted said:
But who did the counting on his behalf? I am willing to wager a substantial amount that the left and the right have deviant numbers. But nobody will ever know who's right! All I can say is that Berlusconi worked on my nerves. I have no specific reason or cause, but everytime I saw his face on the tele I had this gut feeling.
Ultimate, only official and recognized State organism to check, count and officialy declare ballot results is the Corte di Cassazione, equivalent of US Supreme Court, Italy's highest judicial court. We have no deviant numbers on election results.
As for your reactions at the sight of Berlusconi, you said it yourself: "No specific reason". That's the reason behind most of his opposers' take on the issue :roll:.

Last edited:
Back