Isreal

Darcia

Don't you think it is funny Israel is allowing thier enemy to leave Israel to go to Paris, one of Israels friends, to get health Care. This would be a great time to take Yasser Down, But no Israel allows him to go get some Health Care just so he can come back and blow them up some more.

Well, were not going to kill him because it wont do too muh good, and will only inflame the Palestinians. We do not want to turn him into a martyr, so he may go to get treatmment. Israel actually offered him to be treated in an Israeli hospital...

It is just odd because when you add it up whether he dies from being killed by someone or dies of naturel causes they are still going to fight. So when you get down to it realy doesn't matter how he dies cause were will be in trouble either way.

It dose matter. It will make Israel look bad to the world, and will cause major upset with the Palestinian masses. Remember, most fighting right noew is with militants. No need to have mobs assamble again, and civilians killed.

I think it is good that the man get nursing, that is something that they probably never would let Ariel Sharon do if the war was conversely in favour for Palestinians or other Arab Nations. This is what makes us greater then any other adversary. Killing an old sick man in cancer that would be a very bad and cowardly act even against this man. 30 years of fighting towards a Palestinian state is something extraordinary. Problem is that no one knows what occurs when this man is gone. Blood Cancer is a uggly thing, something that eats you down to nothing in a very short period of time. I have seen it with my own eyes and treated people untill they died in the sickbead so it is nothing you want anyone go through honestly. :|

Cheers:
Doc.S

:viking:

For me, I'd rather see the guy butchered right now. Wouldnt lift a finger to save him. Fanatic terrorist. But yeah I acknowledge that it's politically and strategically opportune to not kill him. Like dude said, that's what makes us greater ( yes, sometimes dumb, that's true ).

On the other hand, though, blood cancer doesn't seem to be so terrible that it leads Arafat to erase all that hatred and fanatism from his heart. Only the good die young.

if he's dead, he'll be useless.
Better keep him alive for some use, perhaps? :roll:

You shouldn't kill the enemy when keeping him alive is more useful to you BUT painful for him. :shock:

SAINT said:
if he's dead, he'll be useless.
Better keep him alive for some use, perhaps? :roll:

You shouldn't kill the enemy when keeping him alive is more useful to you BUT painful for him. :shock:

Mod:No country bashing.

well

I don/t kmow the details of the Middle East because Chinese media support Palestina,but i support Ireasel,so I wish him to live longer,that is good for both sides.

To call France one of Israels friends is to take it a little to far. I agree with some others here that say it's no point for Israel to play hardball with Arafat now. It's better for Israel to show the world that they do have sympathy for a sick man.

I do hope that he doesn't die yet. No one knows who is going to be there instead. Hamas are moving their positions within the leadership and probably more of the very extremist groups are coming up. So ltes hope he doesn't die yet.

Well France was Israel's first ally.
I think it might be better if Arafat dies. He caves in to the Hamas types too easily and then when he repeats what those violent guys who are against the peace process says, then the rest of the Palestinians listen to him, derailing the whole thing further.
We need someone more committed to negotiation with the Israelis. And on that note, the Israelis must negotiate as well. It helps if they have someone that can be negotiated with.

It does little good to kill the man. He is one of the few leaders in the middle east who was actually voted into power. Israel was right to allow him to travel to France for medical treatment.

As for my personal view, he needs to step down. He could have done much more in the name of peace. I do not agree with some of what Israel has done. But the continued bombings of civilian targets does no good in the peace proces.

But if he dies in Paris then I got a feeling they will consider him a matyr anyways, claiming france killed him.

Highly doubtfull, and we dont care what they think of France, its what they think of Israel that worrys us.

Well as of now he is out of power. I just heard they are going to set a Council up for now since he is no longer able to rule.

Yeah, but the way it is sounding they beleive that he no longer has the mental power to lead and make decisions. if he is truly out of power now then i can't wait to see his replacement.

Back