Israel's use of 'captured' video draws criticism (AP)

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
AP - Israel's military is using video confiscated from people on the Gaza-bound aid flotilla to justify opening fire during its deadly raid on the ships, drawing sharp criticism Thursday from foreign correspondents who say some of the footage was shot by journalists.

More...

I've only got one thing to say about all of this brouhaha .....

B F D !

I don't give a popcorn patootie where the video came from ... actual footage of events is the best and most accurate way of showing why certain events took place.

For anybody to ***** about usage of the footage to show what lead up to the usage of force, and complain about where it came from, is so hypocritical, I can't even come up with the words to show how I actually feel.

Again ... B F D !

Hmmmm, that's about what I would expect of the Israelis, after carefully bypassing the fact that they never even had a legitimate reason to be aboard the vessel at the time.

Once they can do that, we'll look at whether they were harshly treated or not. Remember, according to the best evidence so far, they were conducting an act of illegal warfare. In which case they deserve everything they get and forego the expectations that should be accorded to a legitimate force.

Ahhh,... the masters of disproportionate force and retaliation. Such a charming group.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, that's about what I would expect of the Israelis, after carefully bypassing the fact that they never even had a legitimate reason to be aboard the vessel at the time.

Once they can do that, we'll look at whether they were harshly treated or not. Remember, according to the best evidence so far, they were conducting an act of illegal warfare. In which case they deserve everything they get and forego the expectations that should be accorded to a legitimate force.

Ahhh,... the masters of disproportionate force and retaliation. Such a charming group.

There are two sides to every story and you completely ignore a portion of this story to aid and abet the enemies of Israel.

Methinks there is just a little antisemitism here.

There are two sides to every story and you completely ignore a portion of this story to aid and abet the enemies of Israel.

Methinks there is just a little antisemitism here.
Aggghhh,....NO! not you too!

Don't talk crap, I'm a part bloody Jew myself, as has been pointed out here countless times. Why didn't you just go the whole hog and accuse me of being a Nazi death camp guard as well. Calling me an Anti Semite is as stupid as me accusing you of being anti Caucasian, over what you have said to me.

The simple fact is, that as the evidence stands at the moment, the Israelis had no right to go aboard the ship, so what right have they got to whine about harsh treatment.

Just like an armed person who breaks into your home in the middle of the night. They should not be given the right to establish themselves into a position where they can illegally detain and take control of the vessel, (as they did). What they did is an act of war, or failing that, a Civil crime under Turkish law (murder) That is the most probable legal position at the moment as defined by Craig Murray, a Lecturer in Law from an English University, already posted on this forum.

Once the legality or otherwise, to do as they did has been determined, only then, can we start looking at whether they were harshly treated. I have not ignored anything, (unlike you had) all I have done is place events in order of precedence.

At the moment it looks bad for the Israelis as they boarded a foreign flagged vessel, unbidden, with armed troops, in International waters.

Last edited:
Seno ...
I didn't realize you were Jewish .....

My point was/is, the Israelis are at war with the terrorists that are attacking them, and I don't think they give a patootie whether the ship was in international waters or not. They were preemptively intervening before a load of embargoed material could be unloaded clandestinely. Under these circumstances, I can't say as I blame them. The reports I have been hearing, state that a portion of the cargo they were looking for, was weapons and ammunition that would have been used to attack Israel.

You say you are Jewish ... so I have to ask you how you feel about an attempt to bypass the embargo and land weapons/ammunition.

BTW - I could support landing humanitarian material in violation of an embargo ... but not weapons/ammunition.

Seno ...
I didn't realize you were Jewish .....
I am of Jewish extraction on my Father's side, my mother having been a gentile.

If anyone were genuinely interested I would be all too happy to relate how I became the group genealogist to what I call "The Jewish Connection" in Melbourne Australia. I am also a contributing member to three Jewish groups that record our genealogical records. I am very proud of my Jewish heritage, but I absolutely despise the Zionists who advocate murder merely to fulfil some 2000 year old religious myth about being god's chosen people and having been promised the land of Israel as a homeland.

My point was/is, the Israelis are at war with the terrorists that are attacking them, and I don't think they give a patootie whether the ship was in international waters or not.
But which side are the "terrorists"? The ones who had their own land promised to them by the British administration, in exchange for their help against the Turks in WWI, only to have it given instead to the Jews of Europe, or the ones who took it upon themselves to just start flooding into a country that was not theirs, whilst using the collective guilt of the Allies along with help from such noted Jewish persons as Lord Balfour to force the British into pressuring the UN and others to allow them to set up their own homeland in Palestine.

This was achieved by such charmingly peaceful methods as the Jewish Irgun blowing up the King David Hotel where effectively the British were administering the protectorate from, killing 91 people and injuring a further 46. The Brits who were still recovering from the effects of WWII, and were still on food rationing at home, never had the stomach for another round of death and misery, and effectively the public just fell in a heap and said let them have it.

This culminated in 1948, with the Israeli Jews collectively driving the Palestinian people out of their homes and villages into Syria and Jordan, from which they have never been allowed to return. The Jews just expropriated their lands, and will if asked most will deny this fact. Only occassionaly will you get a jewish group like this who do admit it. http://www.jewishvoiceforpeace.org/publish/nakba.shtml Those people and their descendants still largely live as stateless refugees in the camps where their parents and grand parents landed 60+ years ago

So I ask, "Which terrorists are you referring to"

They were preemptively intervening before a load of embargoed material could be unloaded clandestinely.
There is an argument that there is no legally enforceable embargo in place http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UegRc9phwjY and even if it were, it cannot be enforced in International waters unless there is a state of declared war, and there is not.

You say you are Jewish ... so I have to ask you how you feel about an attempt to bypass the embargo and land weapons/ammunition.
It has not be shown that there was any attempt to land any weapons. If there were, I have no doubt whatsoever, that we would have known about it within hours of the Israelis capturing the vessel.

- I could support landing humanitarian material in violation of an embargo ... but not weapons/ammunition.

Back