Israeli relations with Iran/Vice versa

victortsoi

What do we see as the developing relationship between iran and israel over the next few decades? will the rhetoric cool down? what will happen?

iran is run by mullahs, supports terror, wants the bomb and terrorizes its own people... i dont see anything good coming from the iranian side in the near future

All Theocracies/ totalitarians are like the lightweight who gains weight so he can fight a heavyweight, they never win but quitting is not up for discussion. I don't think the ideals of Iran will change soon, that is to compete with the big boys.

i see a possible conflict between Israel and Iran as Israel begins to become angered with Iran even more for their support of terrorism.

Missileer said:
All Theocracies/ totalitarians are like the lightweight who gains weight so he can fight a heavyweight, they never win but quitting is not up for discussion. I don't think the ideals of Iran will change soon, that is to compete with the big boys.
Well! they've got Ballistic Missiles capable of hitting some European states also. So they are on the challenge and Israel should have to worry more now.

I think Israel should not adopt for striking option because Iranian Mullahs are very aggressive in nature and a new war might erupt in Iraqi territory, which will not be good for US soldiers there!

So US position about diplomatic option is right.

But I also believe that Iran should adopt more diplomatic stance rather then aggressive one. Since winning a war against US is not an option for them.

TBA_PAKI, I agree wholeheartedly that diplomacy is key at this point. I have been working in the Defense industry for 40 years and mostly in guidance systems. I worked on the Sidewinder missile when it was still fairly new technology. I've worked in ballistic msl programs for many years and companies. I say that to say this, the USA did not hit every target with every missile fired until a relatively short time ago. Having an atomic bomb in 1945 did no good without the ability to launch, guide and hit a target with a warhead. Being a Nuclear power means that a country or countries can ready and launch large amounts of devastating damage. No failures or misfires are allowed in MAD. The chance of a warhead producing a thermo nuclear explosion at the end of a long flight time are very low without years of debugging from nose to nozzle. Don't let a threat of someone possessing nuclear materials become a fixation that they are a nuclear power. They have just begun at that point.

Yes yes, i mean, how do you think diplomacy will form a future relaitonship between the two nations.
i also hope diplomacy can work and the two nations can develop some semblence of diplomatic or economic ties, perhaps this is not too dreamy.
the last thing anyone wants is nuclear war in the m.e.-77million dead people, iranians and israelis alike

Back