Israeli Nuclear policy....?

What should Israels nuclear policy be:

• A) Admit having Nukes, refuse to disarm them, and threaten arab nations that any WMD attack on Israe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B) Keep the current policy, admit nothing, denie nothing.

• C)Admit having nukes, agree to disarm them.

• Total voters
Ooooops.... my mistake....the 1925 Geneva Protocol the US signed in 1974 only prohibited the USE of Chem and Bio weapons...and the '92 Washington agreement only covered cutting 50% of the stockpiles...you are right....Binary were just for storage and transportation.... :oops:

Hey Eric welcome back ! Nice to have you around again. Your posts is pretty much a confirmation of what Mark first came up with: separation between the plutonium core and the physics package and so on.
But I wonder how quickly they could be assembled: if , say, Saddam had hidden nuclear weapons and decided to strike Israel , I mean its quite close to the border, Jordan's small, so how long wouldve had taken for the Israeli to get ready for counteroffensive ? It's not anything like science fiction or fantapolitics: reaction time is vital.

Well, firstly, if we use em, they lose their point anyways...Btut I dont think they are all seperated, I think some are armed and ready. Again, not knowledge, but assesment.

sherman105 said:
Well, firstly, if we use em, they lose their point anyways...Btut I dont think they are all seperated, I think some are armed and ready. Again, not knowledge, but assesment.
If you use them, we would be having another WW........... But if you are provoked, beat the hell out of 'em! ;)

Sherman said "I think some are armed and ready. Again, not knowledge, but assesment."

Again...we don't know...can anyone come up with a better deterrence?

Why any country should have nukes? To threat other countries, doesnt sound something what good guys would do, anyway saying some guys are "good guys" is :cen: stupid :?
My opinion is that they should disarm those nukes if they have one, they have no more reason to have nukes than the arabs :roll:

hc^patonki said:
Why any country should have nukes? To threat other countries, doesnt sound something what good guys would do, anyway saying some guys are "good guys" is :cen: stupid :?
My opinion is that they should disarm those nukes if they have one, they have no more reason to have nukes than the arabs :roll:

Alright make this point now: how do you reasonably make positive that every country gets rid of its nukes ? Your assesment is demagogical.

Trust, love, flowers.... :santa:
There are so many ways to convince other human beings to be nice, disarm and get along.
That is why "peace mongers" are demonstrating for peace in the streets of Washington and San Fransico and not in Fallujha, Bagdad, Chechnya, North Korea or China. They kindof care for their heads....
To me a peace mongers is as dangerous as a war monger...and there is a name for people "who want to get along" no matter what: victims!
Just remember the christian martyrs! Peace and love ended up in torn to pieces by the lions that loved it!!! :lol:

listen people, this whole "we will be nice and the enemy will like us" attitude is great when you live in sweeden or some place like that....I spent most my life in 2 towns in Israel. Both are considerd safe. And still, one was hit by an Iraqi SCUD, and there was a suicide bombing next to where i live now, right on the spot i wait for the bus when i get off the train. Why dose Israel need these weapons? because we are encircled by millions of arabs who want to see us killed.

sherman105 said:
listen people, this whole "we will be nice and the enemy will like us" attitude is great when you live in sweeden or some place like that....I spent most my life in 2 towns in Israel. Both are considerd safe. And still, one was hit by an Iraqi SCUD, and there was a suicide bombing next to where i live now, right on the spot i wait for the bus when i get off the train. Why dose Israel need these weapons? because we are encircled by millions of arabs who want to see us killed.

The reference to Sweden was random ? :)
It appears obvious from the posts I've made that I agree with Sherman.
Don't get me wrong, I want to be respectful to everyone here ( Swedish, Finnish and everyone living in a neutral dreamland ), but I urge you guys to really, authentically think twice before playing the peace mongers.
Just try to feel as if you, in person were standing in others' people shoes, please don't come up with this I-go-philosophying-not-making-war-I-have-understood-that-love-is-da-answer attitude.

Love is the ansawer....I know it, you know it. But untill we can get the crazy guy with the AK47 across the road to agree, we have a problem.

sherman105 said:
Love is the ansawer....I know it, you know it. But untill we can get the crazy guy with the AK47 across the road to agree, we have a problem.
Well, so do they....

For as much as it's worth, think of Israel now as Poland was prior to WWII, with both the Soviets and the Germans drooling over it, and no natural barriers to keep either out or to even slow down a headlong assault across the country. Although this is a purely hypothetical situation, do you think that they would have been invaded so quickly, or at all, if the Poles had had a pocketful of nukes? My point being that sometimes it is very necessary to have some "special" means of deterrence to protect one's nation.

And patonki, someday you will be forced to come to grips with the reality that some people and therefore some nations are "bad," however much you may wish they weren't.

There are those that keep nukes tucked away in a hidden place and those who drool over decimating an entire city with them thats the difference between good and bad.

For as much as it's worth, think of Israel now as Poland was prior to WWII, with both the Soviets and the Germans drooling over it, and no natural barriers to keep either out or to even slow down a headlong assault across the country. Although this is a purely hypothetical situation, do you think that they would have been invaded so quickly, or at all, if the Poles had had a pocketful of nukes? My point being that sometimes it is very necessary to have some "special" means of deterrence to protect one's nation.

no offence to poland and stuff, but i think we fair better in the military scales.

I was referring to your geographic and related situations, not your military prowess, sherman, but yes, you all definitely have the upper hand in comparison to pre-war Poland with a large, well-trained, and most importantly battletested and technologically superior military.

There, have I pampered your ego enough? ;) :lol:

ok israel compared to poland is kind of funny. ok this love is the answer bull :cen: doesnt cut it in the middle east . israel has been at war for what at nleast the last 30 years in some fashion so why do try to insist they be nice its not like they are the ones sniping people or blowing up bombs on buses. I praise the israel people for their lack of taking crap from every nation that goes against them. they fight was to win not for public image. I am sure it would be the same if america had the same thing going on inside its shore so dont judge them harshly.

This in my opinion makes no sence... Poland would of been wiped out no matter if they have nukes or not. The only thing it would of done was kill 10 million germans and russian people that it wouldnt of have to. Same goes for Israel. The people attacking Israel is not some politician from Syria or some other crazy arab country, Its little groups that come together and hate the jews. In some ways i can understand why they would hate them. Me personally have nothing against jewish people but if 25 million Mexicans migrated to new hampshire or where ever you live and then said "this is are own country and there isnt anything you can do about it" and then the UN support the Mexican invasion. I think i would be really pissed too. Back on topic. Israel has no right to have nukes if Iran, Syria, or any other middle eastern country cant have them also. The point of not having a nuclear war in the middle east is for everyone not to have them not just one having them and no one else.

Back