Israeli F-16I

And thhere is nothing wrong with that!

I support Israel and her actions against threats like Iran.

That's a tough plane to shoot down from land, sea, or air. The python-5 is the most dangerous dog-fighting missile in the world. I'm not aware of any system or maneuver to escape one other than run it out of fuel.

I was wondering if there was a RL version of the F-16 Block 60 from Ace Combat 5.

Are the FAST Packs removable? and do they hinder menuverbility(sp)?

jedi078 said:
Are the FAST Packs removable? and do they hinder menuverbility(sp)?
You mean the CFT's, right? Well, from the page: "The tanks have an imperceptible effect on the F-16's agility, handling qualities, flight limits, and signature. Moreover, the tanks do not interfere with daily inspections and servicing, and the impact on maintenance access is minimal. A complete set can be removed or replaced in two hours by a small crew and a hoist."

Yeah, I'm wondering what happens when you get in the phone booth with a bandit. You can't jettison them the same way you can drop wing tanks.

AJChenMPH said:
You mean the CFT's, right?

Yeah, I'm wondering what happens when you get in the phone booth with a bandit. You can't jettison them the same way you can drop wing tanks.

Yeah if that's what they are called, as far as I know the F-15E can't drop its CFTs/Fast Packs either (right?).

Hopefully the bandits are shot down before you get in phone booth range.....

Last edited:
tomtom22 said:
Why doesn't the USAF have the conformal tanks on its F-15 and F-16?
Sir, they developed them for the Eagle (aka "FAST packs") and can be retrofitted on the F-15C/D -- they're standard on the Strike Eagle (F-15E). No idea why they never developed them for the Viper/Falcon.

Back