Israeli bulldozer attacker shot dead by armed citizen (Conceal Carry at Work)

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Jul.

22, 2008
Etgar Lefkovits , THE JERUSALEM POST

For the second time in three weeks, an Arab bulldozer driver from east Jerusalem rammed his construction vehicle into a city bus and several cars on a central thoroughfare in the capital on Tuesday, wounding 15 people before being shot dead by a Druse border police officer and a civilian passerby.

The early afternoon attack on King David Street was seen as a failed copy of July 2's lethal bulldozer rampage on Jaffa Road in which Husam Taysir Dwayat killed three people and wounded dozens before he was killed.

Facing a series of attacks by Palestinians apparently acting on their own, politicians and security officials demanded Tuesday that the government immediately move to deter future attacks by destroying the terrorists' homes, and some called to reexamine the way Arab construction workers from east Jerusalem are employed in the city.

The latest assault began shortly before 2 p.m. when the tractor driver, Ghassan Abu Tir, a 22-year-old resident of the east Jerusalem neighborhood of Umm Tuba who was working on a construction project on a side street near the King David Hotel, pulled into King David Street and repeatedly crashed his vehicle into a No. 13 Egged bus, which managed to escape, and then rammed into five cars, one of which he overturned, before being shot dead by a motorist who happened by the scene.

"I was driving on the main road when suddenly the tractor hit me in the rear on the right hand side," said bus driver Avi Levy.

At first Levy thought it was a traffic accident, but then the attacker struck the bus over and over, causing pandemonium as passengers shouted: "God save us" and "escape, escape.

"

"He made a U-turn and rammed the windows twice with the shovel. The third time he aimed for my head - he came up to my window and death was staring me in the eyes," Levy said.

"Fortunately I was able to swerve to the right [onto a small side street], otherwise I would have gone to meet my maker," he said as he stood next to the badly damaged bus, whose left-side windows were completely blown out.

An eyewitness said Abu Tir, who was wearing the large, white skullcap commonly worn by religious Muslims, repeatedly slammed his vehicle into the side of the bus, before speeding into several cars.

"He didn't shout anything, [as] he was completely occupied with finding people to attack," said Moshe Shimshi, 30, who was driving his motorcycle on King David Street during the attack.

"There was panic on the street as people were running away from the bus," said Yohanan Levine, 16, who distinctly recalled hearing a baby crying amid the chaos.

The carnage quickly ended when a passing driver shot the assailant dead.

The motorist, Yaki Asa-El, 53, from the Sussiya settlement in the Southern Hebron Hills, jumped out of his car and shot Abu Tir through the window of his bulldozer.

A former company commander in the Armored Corps, Asa-El was talking on his speaker phone with his son when he came upon the attack.

http://www. jpost. com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull&cid=1215331056523

Hmmm... an armed citizen stopped a crazed attacker. I remember posting a news article about something similar in Japan except that folks were killed by the attacker.

In strict gun control Japan man kills 7 with knife, truck

Yeah... at least Israel understands that an Armed Society works. When evil is armed to the teeth, the law abiding citizenry must be armed to fight back.

It doesn't really apply to Israel, as it is almost a militarised society constantly at war with their neighbours, how often do we see innocent Palestinians being threatened by armed Israeli citizens.

Last edited:
Why are you preaching this to the people that (for the most part) agree with you? I agree that this is a prime example of why guns are great, but so does almost everyone else.

It's like the communist groups here in the US that are always at the groupie leftist festivals preaching to the people who agree with them. Why not go down to a factory and try converting people?

Why are you preaching this to the people that (for the most part) agree with you? I agree that this is a prime example of why guns are great, but so does almost everyone else.

It's like the communist groups here in the US that are always at the groupie leftist festivals preaching to the people who agree with them. Why not go down to a factory and try converting people?

Because there are those here that don't believe in carrying arms for self defense.

Basically because he has no real or viable test cases for his argument other than nations that are either in rebellion or have been at war for the last 50 years which apparently is his impression of where the USA is right now.

Apparently this is the epitome of safety according to 5.56.
negermp44.jpg

And clearly he cares so much that wont stop until he brings the average American the same quality of life and level of safety enjoyed by the lucky residents of cities like Mogidishu where not only CAN you have 50 cal bolted to your truck but you where you will NEED one as well.

So while 5.56 may argue that some people don't want you to carry a gun for self defence I would say it is more accurate to say that a lot of people don't want a society where you need to carry a gun for self defence.

Last edited:
Back