Israel warns Russia: We'll neutralize S-300 if sold to Iran - Page 2

--

August 9th, 2008  
Lunatik

The question is how can Israel explain to the world the reason for bombing Iranian S-300 missiles. These are defensive surface to air missiles with limited range. I don't think they pose any direct (added) danger to Israel.
August 9th, 2008  
senojekips

And when was the last time you heard of Israel having to justify their actions to the world?
August 9th, 2008  
AikiRooster

If they get away with that nonsense they will push for more using that same argument. I know I don't like Iran having good eqpt. What do they need it for? So they can capture more Americans and torture them better next time. Bad juju.
--
August 9th, 2008  
03USMC

I'm against Iran having anything but a couple Cessnas and maybe a few WWII M-3 Light tanks.
August 9th, 2008  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikiRooster
If they get away with that nonsense they will push for more using that same argument. I know I don't like Iran having good eqpt. What do they need it for? So they can capture more Americans and torture them better next time. Bad juju.
Why does the USA, Israel, China, [insert any country here] need good equipment?

The same reasons apply to all.
August 9th, 2008  
Lunatik

Anyway, the thing is suddenly Russia starts playing a much, much agressive role compared to recent years. From cutting Ukraine's gas to clearly saying they'd take military action against America's missile defense system in easter Europe, from providing Iran with advanced weapons and worse, nuclear technology and assistance to actually attacking tiny Georgia for having aspirations to join NATO... And of course Putin and his sweetheart Medvedev and their full control of the country.

Is Russia becoming a new, aggressive Soviet dictatorship?
August 9th, 2008  
AikiRooster

I think so Lunatik.

MontyB, Iran has proven they like playing fart fart games, taking our people, Englanders and whoever else we may not have heard about it, giving them better eqpt to play their games is not a wise decision. No doubt, I am not the sharpest tool in the shed but even I can figure this one out.
August 10th, 2008  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikiRooster
I think so Lunatik.

MontyB, Iran has proven they like playing fart fart games, taking our people, Englanders and whoever else we may not have heard about it, giving them better eqpt to play their games is not a wise decision. No doubt, I am not the sharpest tool in the shed but even I can figure this one out.
Yep and not one of these instances was solved by military intervention therefore them having this equipment is irrelevant.

While I am certainly not a fan of nations like Iran I really have trouble with the logic used to decry their actions.
If I was a crazed despot running a country that was flush with oil money and I had a country 4 times my size and heavily armed making statements like "we will not rule out military action" about me I would be doing all I could to arm myself to the teeth as well.

I am not sure why you are having trouble grasping the concept that if you push people into a corner and give them no way out there is a strong chance they are going to figure out a way to fight back, its simple human nature.