Israel vs. Iran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whispering Death

How would this play out?

I know there's no "vs" threads but this is topical because of it's likliness. I'm not interested in who would win, but rather how a strike would occour.

The mainstream media keeps saying variations on the phrase "Irael will strike Iran by the end of the year if the UN doesn't do something" but I wonder how such an assault would happen.

Would it be all from the air? How would Iraq's politics play into the issue. Would America allow Israeli ground troops to move through Iraq? Iraqi airspace?

How do you think a complex issue that media pundits write off as "imminent" actually play out?

I think that Israel will send in air strikes first and then maybe land forces will go into Iran. I think the high chances are that Israel will bomb those nuclear reactors!

zander_0633 said:
I think that Israel will send in air strikes first and then maybe land forces will go into Iran. I think the high chances are that Israel will bomb those nuclear reactors!

Yes, but we don't just have star-trek transporters. There is a lot of politics concerning moving jewish airplaines/troops through muslim countries to attack another muslim country.

A very interesting topic WD. My bet is that Israel will perform a few air assaults on key targets and call it a day. The problem however will be the neighbouring countries and the question of using airspace for such a purpose.

I am not aware of Israel having long range bombing and mid flight refuel capabilities so which flight path to choose and how to get there may turn out a major problem.

How is the Israel - Jordan - Syria relationship these days?

phoenix80 said:
How are they isolated? LMAO

it is getting funny minute by minute

humm...lets see...

The entire muslim world uses them as the big bugaboo. If the rains come later than expected, Mossad did it. If a bridge collapses due to negligence, Israeli spies did it, ect ect ad nauseum.

Then there's good ol' europe and just about half the USA that is so knee jerk old school anti-semite they cant even say "jew" without spitting or adding the word indicating "of unknown parentage" after.

Most of the world believes what ever bullcrap the palestinians can dream up.

The idiocracy of most of europe and the USA has been lining up behind islamism as the next big post-modern "it".

There are many countries that will deny you entry, even if you have a valid visa, if you have an Israel entry stamp in your passport.

I guess I can see your point. It is rather funny to say that Israel might be somewhat isolated..well, if I had no clue about anything even vaguely resembeling reality, maybe.

Grimmy said:
humm...lets see...

The entire muslim world uses them as the big bugaboo. If the rains come later than expected, Mossad did it. If a bridge collapses due to negligence, Israeli spies did it, ect ect ad nauseum.

Then there's good ol' europe and just about half the USA that is so knee jerk old school anti-semite they cant even say "jew" without spitting or adding the word indicating "of unknown parentage" after.

Most of the world believes what ever bullcrap the palestinians can dream up.

The idiocracy of most of europe and the USA has been lining up behind islamism as the next big post-modern "it".

There are many countries that will deny you entry, even if you have a valid visa, if you have an Israel entry stamp in your passport.

I guess I can see your point. It is rather funny to say that Israel might be somewhat isolated..well, if I had no clue about anything even vaguely resembeling reality, maybe.

It is a valid point as long as you bring up the social views and care about what people (un-educated, ignorant and blind ones) think of the state of Israel.

But when it comes to the western governments, it is the enemies of Israel's turn to be isolated.

I have no doubt that the liberal democracies of the western hemisphere do back up Israel when the time s come.

But yes, some people of the very same liberal democracies might even act worse than the terrorists in the Islamic world.

Actually, I do apologise to you pheonix80. Upon re-reading what I posted, that does come too close to sounding like I was attacking you personally. It was not intended that way. I did intend an expression of aggrivation in general but not at anyone in particular.

phoenix80 said:
It is a valid point as long as you bring up the social views and care about what people (un-educated, ignorant and blind ones) think of the state of Israel.

But when it comes to the western governments, it is the enemies of Israel's turn to be isolated.

I have no doubt that the liberal democracies of the western hemisphere do back up Israel when the time s come.

But yes, some people of the very same liberal democracies might even act worse than the terrorists in the Islamic world.

There is no coheasive "western governments" agreeing on anything lol.

Whispering Death said:
Would it be all from the air? How would Iraq's politics play into the issue. Would America allow Israeli ground troops to move through Iraq? Iraqi airspace?

Allowing Israeli ground troops thru Iraq would be suicidal for the Iraqi government because it would increase the support for the insurgency. If Israeli warplanes fly over Iraqi territory, well there's not really much the Iraqis can do about it.

Israel simply cannot invade Iran. They would have total air supremacy however.

You lot need to get your North American blinkers off.

Israel is isolated locally:
Israel borders - Syria, Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon
*runs off and searches for any article saying that these countries like each other - nope can't find any*

Israel is isolated internationally:
clicky to UN resolution vote

I feel people are just attacking me here, rather than reading any sources I put forward - so I'll summarise - 150 countries voted for the resolution against Israel and 6 for (10 abstentions)

So why am I wrong that Israel is isolated? Please do not brand me as anti US leftist retard. This is simply not true. I am merely putting forward a point of view you seem to struggle with.

Grimmy said:
There is no coheasive "western governments" agreeing on anything lol.

Perhaps you are right.

These days remind of mid 1930s where few democracies existing at the time were not in agreement on how to deal with the Nazis in Germany and today Western democracies can not reach an agreement on how to deal with the new form of Nazism in Iran.

History has lots of fascinating stories to tell, doesnt it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back