Israel strikes Beirut suburb, tightens blockade - Page 3

--

July 16th, 2006  
Warwick

The evacuation convoys have been attacked by Israeli helicopters!
So a report on our news by some Australians who were evacuating with them. Unfortunately they were fleeing towards Syria (closest haven?) so maybe the Israelis thought they were hezbollah??????
This is all pretty bad and indiscriminate.
Pressison bombing my arse!!!!!
July 16th, 2006  
Rabs

Quote:
The evacuation convoys have been attacked by Israeli helicopters!
They saw a organized convoy heading for Syria, no way to confirm whos in the convoy so they lit it up.
July 16th, 2006  
HangPC2

Topic: Israel strikes Beirut suburb, tightens blockade

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix80
Go Israel Go!

haaaahaahaa Israel Corvette

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mujahideen Foreign Legion form east Coming to help Hizbullah
--
July 17th, 2006  
moving0target

Israel seems to be going to an awful lot of trouble to give civilians every opportunity to get out of harm's way.

I really don't think they're worried about international support, though. Even so, the G8 nations released a statement that Israel was perfectly justified in defending itself. That's in our very own news thread.
July 17th, 2006  
WarMachine

If israel ever wants stability in the region they wouldn't bomb the infrastructure of neighboring countries every few years so that government control is constantly weakend. Hizbullah appealed to the people because thet were an alternative to the government and then they integrated themselves into government. Same with Hamas and their militant wing.

Is it just me who thinks it makes sense that constantly attacking people who are considered hostile will just create more hostiles? usually i see israel as trying to defend itself, but this is too much, if they wanted another short war they have definitely delivered.
July 17th, 2006  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine
If israel ever wants stability in the region they wouldn't bomb the infrastructure of neighboring countries every few years so that government control is constantly weakend. Hizbullah appealed to the people because thet were an alternative to the government and then they integrated themselves into government. Same with Hamas and their militant wing.
The people of any country know the rules for harboring terrorist organizations by now much less voting them into their Government. The Israelis have demonstrated the extent of their retaliation after every incident and it is always heavy.

Quote:
Is it just me who thinks it makes sense that constantly attacking people who are considered hostile will just create more hostiles?
Exactly who started this whole thing? Would Lebanon be in this trouble if they had stayed on their side of the border? The same goes for Hamas. Like Rambo said,"they drew first blood."

Quote:
usually i see israel as trying to defend itself, but this is too much, if they wanted another short war they have definitely delivered.
July 17th, 2006  
ASTRALdragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxRogue
You mean the Palistinian land taken away by an agreement made between foreign countries?
Ugh... not another one of these arguments....
July 17th, 2006  
moving0target

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTRALdragon
Ugh... not another one of these arguments....
Come on. Hundreds of posts arguing Israel's legitimacy? That's what I call fun! *flees*
July 17th, 2006  
LeEnfield

Now according to what every one is saying on here, it means if the IRA started up again then Britain should bomb the crap out of Southern Ireland for harbouring the IRA. Now I wonder how that would go down in America?
July 17th, 2006  
Rabs

Quote:
Now according to what every one is saying on here, it means if the IRA started up again then Britain should bomb the crap out of Southern Ireland for harbouring the IRA. Now I wonder how that would go down in America?
If they were kidnapping british soldiers and lobbing rockets indscriminately into London, quite well I figure. Especially if you knew they were hell bent on the destruction of Britian, and their not going to run out of rockets anytime soon. So you I guess you should just sit on your asses and let your cities get shelled, that is the european way of doing things. "Oh please make that noise stop" "fine, il call the Americans"