Israel still committed to Palestinian peace deal: Netanyahu

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
PRAGUE (Reuters) - Israel remains committed to a negotiated settlement with the Palestinians, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Wednesday, despite worries among the Jewish state's European allies over its plans to build more settlements. "We remain committed to a negotiated settlement between us and our Palestinian neighbors," Netanyahu said during a visit to Prague. "That solution is a two-state solution for two peoples, a peace in which a demilitarized Palestinian state recognize the one and only Jewish state of Israel. ...

More...

Yeah it is all a bit of a joke, mutter the words to keep people quite and carry on as usual.

However I do not think it is going to work this time as I notice nations are talking about regional action rather than going through the UN where it would be vetoed by the US.

What I think you will see is a decreasing level of support, the problem is that the Germans are never going to do anything because of their past, the US is going to do nothing because of the lobby groups but over time I think you will see other nations reducing their support but I think it is more likely you will see an increase in Palestinian aid packages rather than sanctions on Israel at least until the next land grab.

Back