Israel signals readiness to limit settlement building for peace

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu hinted on Monday that Israel was ready to confine Jewish settlement expansion to the blocs of occupied territory it wants to keep under any peace deal with the Palestinians, in a nod to U.S. efforts to revive stalled negotiations. Settlement construction was cited as a key reason for the breakdown of U.S.-sponsored peace talks in 2010, and a stumbling block to Secretary of State John Kerry's latest efforts to revive negotiations towards founding a Palestinian state in land Israel captured in the 1967 Middle East war. ...

More...

That's like settling for peace with Hitler, if he limits the Holocaust just to the Jews he doesn't like.

International law forbids the "keeping" of any occupied lands.

I wouldn't worry too much about peace suddenly breaking out as the only important bit in that was this statement
"Israel was ready to confine Jewish settlement expansion to the blocs of occupied territory it wants to keep under any peace deal with the Palestinians,"

my guess is that those "blocs" will be strategic enough to ensure a viable Palestinian state is impossible.

If you recall the earlier post about how to manipulate peace agreements...
"The Oslo Accords specified that Israel would be allowed to keep "military zones" in the West Bank in any future agreement with the Palestinian Authority. Netanyahu told the settlers he would use that loophole to retain large portions of Palestinian territory.
"I'm going to interpret the accords in such a way that would allow me to put an end to this galloping forward to the '67 borders," he said.

"How do we do it? Nobody said what defined military zones were. Defined military zones are security zones; as far as I'm concerned, the entire Jordan Valley is a defined military zone.""

My guess is that this is just a variant of that policy.

PEACE

THERE WILL NEVER BE TRUE PEACE IN THE MIDDLE EAST AS TO BE HONEST IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LAND
In the original hadith, Muhammad says that “the last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim, or the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him; but the tree Gharqad would not say, for it is the tree of the Jews” (Sahih Muslim 6985).

If the “last hour” will not come until Muslims start murdering Jews wholesale, then what’s to prevent a pious young lady like Jumanah Imad Albahri from believing that speaking approvingly of the mass-murder of Jews, as Nasrallah did, is a holy and pious act?

Clearly other Muslims do. On January 12, a top Iranian official, Mohammad Hassan Rahimian, declared on Al-Manar TV: “We have manufactured missiles that allow us, when necessary, to replace Israel in its entirety with a big holocaust.” And on December 29, 2009, Muhammad Hussein Yaaqub, an Islamic cleric, dashed hopes for the usefulness of interfaith discussions when he said this on Egypt’s Al-Nas TV: “The Jews are our enemies. Allah will annihilate them at our hands. This is something we know for certain. We know this for certain – not because I say so, but because Allah said so. ‘You shall find that the people strongest in enmity to the believers are the Jews and the polytheists.’”

PLO declaration ‘’ the struggle with the Zionist enemy is not a struggle about Israel’s borders but about Israel’s existence’’

ITS A RELIGIOUS WAR THAT GOES BACK IN HISTORY ITS NEVER BEEN ABOUT THE LAND

It is no more about religion than it is land, Israel is little more than the manifestation of racial arrogance.

The reality is that if it were a religious war Jews and Muslims would not be able to coexist anywhere but outside a few countries they coexist quite happily they even existed side by side in Palestine prior to the mass arrival of European Zionists.

Last edited:
As has been shown here and other places many times, it is purely about the land as Jews lived in peace in Palestine for over a 1000 years prior to the arrival of the Zionazis with their murderous expansionist policies.

Israel signals readiness to limit settlements...

How can there be peace with Muslims? They can't achieve peace in their own countries, or where hosts have accepted them.

Wholesale slaughter is what they achieve amongst themselves. WHOLESALE SLAUGHTER.

Here no mention is made of all this - a blind eye is cocked, slivering by on the other side of the road is the order of the day. Our empty vessels making always the most noise are deafeningly silent on this score. there is no peace in the Middle East, EXCEPT IN ISRAEL.

The best deal for Arabs is in Israel!! Discuss......

Back