Israel seeks more Apache attack helicopters

rock45

DATE:27/02/09
SOURCE:Flight International

Israel seeks more Apache attack helicopters
By Arie Egozi
The Israeli air force wants to increase its inventory of Boeing AH-64D Apache Longbow attack helicopters, directly as a result of its operational experience in the recent Operation "Cast Lead" campaign against Hamas in Gaza.
Apaches took a major role in supporting ground forces during the hostilities, by suppressing hostile fire and also performing so-called "search and kill" missions aimed at halting the launch of rockets into Israel.
The Israeli air force operates 18 new and remanufactured AH-64Ds from an almost 50-strong Apache fleet, and some of its remaining AH-64As are now candidates for upgrade to the Longbow version.

getAsset.aspx
© Israeli Air Force Magazine

"The Apache proved to be the best solution for close air support in the war in Gaza, and as we see this type of confrontation in the future we want more of these excellent helicopters," says a senior air force source.
The service's "immediate" list includes four additional AH-64Ds, with others as an option, sources say.
Boeing has been urging early export operators of the Apache, including Greece and Israel, to modernise their A-model helicopters to the Block II Longbow configuration before the US Army stops supporting the legacy design. The company late last year warned that a commitment would be required before 2010 to acquire long-lead items for the work.

Link
http://www.flightglobal.com/article...ael-seeks-more-apache-attack-helicopters.html

Appache the flying tank

hi
the intensions of isreal in gaza strip were quiet clear; while the means were pretty confused. To use appache in searching Hamas guerillas is the same mistake that happend when the merkva dignety was crashed down in lebanon in 2006 and i dont understand why the israely commanders are following the same path which led to the destrucyion of thousands of tanks just becuz the terrain was not suitable for such engagemnt . further more appache is knoun for its high speed mobility and fire power support not against two militants here and 2 others there ;but against a group of armed personals gathred in a specific place and for the reallty this case had never occured and it will not .
appache in such usage will be vunerable to RPG-7 rockets or other anti-light air defence missile .
we saw what happend in lebanon when appache helicos were falling down like flys just bcuz it is not the place where to use it .
but to replace this important fire power we can use cobra helicos or the notorious Black hawk .
like this the equation will take us to this : to nutrelize infantry you have to send infantry and the other weapons are just giving the requird support in the battlefield .i say you Isrealy military man " go to the depth of the strip and get them down"

Facts

destrucyion of thousands of tanks just becuz the terrain was not suitable for such engagemnt
I would look for new sources of information Israel doesnt even have thousands of tanks.

we saw what happend in lebanon when appache helicos were falling down like flys just bcuz it is not the place where to use it .
Israeli Apaches were not falling like fly's, what gave you that impression of that the conflict happened like that? Look up up how many Israel bought through public announced arms sales and then Google a web sites that cover accidents, shot downs, etc count backwards and then tell me then how were shot down.

but to replace this important fire power we can use cobra helicos or the notorious Black hawk .
You make sound like these two fine helicopter types carry more of a punch the a Apache?

There is much written on the fighting that took place in most cases when Israeli Infantry came upon Hamas guerillas, Hamas didn't hold up well. Shooting a RPG from the back of house out a window doesn't make the Hams light-infantry.

Last edited:
I
Shooting a RPG from the back of of house out a window doesn't make the Hams light-infantry.

No more than shooting RPG 7's skyward makes them an anti air defense system. Kind of a Golden BB theory thing goin on.

say the truth !!!!!!

I would look for new sources of information Israel doesnt even have thousands of tanks.

Israeli Apaches were not falling like fly's, what gave you that impression of that the conflict happened like that? Look up up how many Israel bought through public announced arms sales and then Google a web sites that cover accidents, shot downs, etc count backwards and then tell me then how were shot down.

You make sound like these two fine helicopter types carry more of a punch the a Apache?

There is much written on the fighting that took place in most cases when Israeli Infantry came upon Hamas guerillas, Hamas didn't hold up well. Shooting a RPG from the back of house out a window doesn't make the Hams light-infantry.

at least hamas fighters are not running out from the battle field !!!
say sth right or dont bother yourself to answer
i and you and they know that hamas militants are holding up .....very tight ...and if they were weak why did nt israel kick their backs !!! why pounding personals with self-propelland tanks ......artiliry ...

f-16 against an ak-47 rifle how couragious and glorious are the israelly army
:sniper:

f-16 against an ak-47 rifle how couragious and glorious are the israelly army

Even less courageous is Suicide Bomber vs unarmed Passenger Bus filled with unarmed people that cant defend themselves. Or firing rockets into Isreali civilian areas.

Hamas is not exactly "brave" either.

And FYI I am not a big fan of the Israeli Policy in the West Bank but their have been atricocities commited by both sides.

Even less courageous is Suicide Bomber vs unarmed Passenger Bus filled with unarmed people that cant defend themselves. Or firing rockets into Isreali civilian areas..

what about teh air raids, seeking civilian or so called -commanders of hamas- is it fair to kill chick yacine and the siege the martyr arafat ...
closing the crosses!! is a wonderful military act !!

hamas fires rockects not on civilians but on barracks ..and in away to inflict casualties in the whole zionist state

Info

hamas fires rockects not on civilians but on barracks
I'm sure that's what they tell you on those web sites, want to buy some swamp land real cheap?

Last edited:
what about teh air raids, seeking civilian or so called -commanders of hamas- is it fair to kill chick yacine and the siege the martyr arafat ...
closing the crosses!! is a wonderful military act !!

hamas fires rockects not on civilians but on barracks ..and in away to inflict casualties in the whole zionist state

Hamas has always targeted of civilians, in fact it prefers civilian targets because they are less defended. Lets not pretend that Hamas is a innocent bunch of people.

Isreal does not target Palestiean civilians deliberately, but it has shown a extremely lack of care about civilians when operating in civilian areas. For example, the last incursion in Gaza illustrated that when they killed over 1000 civilians (mostly kids) for a handful of terrorists.

But like I said BOTH sides have committed atrocities. Thats why I support neither side.

Back