Israel rightfully own the West Bank . - Page 30




 
--
 
June 5th, 2014  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
Firtsly, why should the Jewish people be entitled to a "homeland"? Why should an Asian or African Jew with no connection be entitled to settle in a foreign land to which they have no historical, moral or legal entitlement? Methodists don't have a homeland, nor Baptists, nor Catholics, much less why should the world turn a blind eye to the fact that these people have stolen the land of another people, driving them into adjoining countries and killing many of those who resisted?
I agree, I am not going to argue this point but I will say that just as Europeans are not going to leave New Zealand, America, Australia or any of the colonial countries you are not going to get Jews out of Israel and as such focusing on that one invariable is stopping any progress on the problem.

I was always taught that in solving a problem you should always focus on things you can change.

In the end there are only two options to this issue, one state or two, everything else is just semantics.
June 5th, 2014  
senojekips
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
I agree, I am not going to argue this point but I will say that just as Europeans are not going to leave New Zealand, America, Australia or any of the colonial countries you are not going to get Jews out of Israel and as such focusing on that one invariable is stopping any progress on the problem.
The Zionists deliberately flouted a number of International laws in occupying Palestine. These laws were not in existence at the time of the settlement of America, Australia and New Zealand, and in the case of Australia and N.Z. it was never considered a military occupation. Read about "The Age of Discovery"

There is nothing here that cannot be changed a fact that has all been discussed before on a number of occasions. The Zionists have deliberately entangled themselves hoping that it would cause people such as yourself to arrive at this conclusion. Unfortunately there is no truth in this line of thinking. They went to Palestine at their own cost and they can go elsewhere similarly. (You deliberately dig yourself into the sh!t, you can certainly dig yourself out.)

It comes back to the case of the thief who went to great effort, time and expense to steal someone else's property. When caught the courts don't say, "Oh, look how hard he worked to commit this crime, lets punish the victim and allow him to keep the spoils of his crime"
June 5th, 2014  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
The Zionists deliberately flouted a number of International laws in occupying Palestine. These laws were not in existence at the time of the settlement of America, Australia and New Zealand, and in the case of Australia and N.Z. it was never considered a military occupation. Read about "The Age of Discovery"

There is nothing here that cannot be changed a fact that has all been discussed before on a number of occasions. The Zionists have deliberately entangled themselves hoping that it would cause people such as yourself to arrive at this conclusion. Unfortunately there is no truth in this line of thinking. They went to Palestine at their own cost and they can go elsewhere similarly. (You deliberately dig yourself into the sh!t, you can certainly dig yourself out.)

It comes back to the case of the thief who went to great effort, time and expense to steal someone else's property. When caught the courts don't say, "Oh, look how hard he worked to commit this crime, lets punish the victim and allow him to keep the spoils of his crime"
I understand all that and agree with much of it but my point remains that you are not going to roll back the last 70 years therefore the only answer is a "one state or two" compromise anything else is just wishful thinking.
--
June 5th, 2014  
dadsgirl
 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
I understand all that and agree with much of it but my point remains that you are not going to roll back the last 70 years therefore the only answer is a "one state or two" compromise anything else is just wishful thinking.
MontyB, nicely put!

Dadsgirl
June 5th, 2014  
senojekips
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
I understand all that and agree with much of it but my point remains that you are not going to roll back the last 70 years therefore the only answer is a "one state or two" compromise anything else is just wishful thinking.
Only because of American inertia. If the Yanks did the right thing, this would all have been over and done with 60 years ago. All we have to do is show them that they are in fact half the cause of this, and that does not make it right. That which is done, can just as easily be undone, all it takes is some will power and a desire for justice. As has been pointed out innumerable times Nazi Germany was not rewarded for it's crimes, why should the Israelis?

What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.
June 6th, 2014  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
Only because of American inertia. If the Yanks did the right thing, this would all have been over and done with 60 years ago. All we have to do is show them that they are in fact half the cause of this, and that does not make it right. That which is done, can just as easily be undone, all it takes is some will power and a desire for justice. As has been pointed out innumerable times Nazi Germany was not rewarded for it's crimes, why should the Israelis?

What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.
You can not just dump this mess on America, would we have been in the same position had Hitler not been a raving nutjob, what about the British selling the same bit of land to two people and to cap it off selling land it didn't own, what about the whole lunacy of religion for the last 3000 years and the supremacist nature that is Zionism.

The problems in the region have been there for 3000 years and while the USA may be the current ones in charge of fixing it they will not be the first or the last to try they are just one in 3 millennia of empires that become bogged down the place fixing a mess of someone elses making.
June 6th, 2014  
senojekips
 
 
I don't remember the Brits selling off anything. As far as I know they were made the Administrators of Palestine by the League of nations to administer the Mandate for Palestine until they could take over the running of their own government. This included investigating the possibility as to whether the Palestinians might agree to allow the setting up of a Jewish state in Palestine.

The Palestinians never agreed to this and as a result Resolution 181 was never ratified. The Zionists could see that there was no legal way they could achieve their goal so they resorted to terrorism against the legitimate administration driving them out and then illegally occupying the land. You know what happened as well as I do.

I shouldn't have to be going over all this again as it has been covered at least 4 or 5 times.
June 6th, 2014  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
I don't remember the Brits selling off anything. As far as I know they were made the Administrators of Palestine by the League of nations to administer the Mandate for Palestine until they could take over the running of their own government. This included investigating the possibility as to whether the Palestinians might agree to allow the setting up of a Jewish state in Palestine.

The Palestinians never agreed to this and as a result Resolution 181 was never ratified. The Zionists could see that there was no legal way they could achieve their goal so they resorted to terrorism against the legitimate administration driving them out and then illegally occupying the land. You know what happened as well as I do.

I shouldn't have to be going over all this again as it has been covered at least 4 or 5 times.
No we shouldn't but if we are going to lay the blame for this mess on anyone it should be Britain, had it followed its mandate post war Israel would not exist, had it not double dealt telling Palestinians rise up and fight for us and you will get your country and as soon as they were out the door promising Zionists a homeland none of this mess would have existed.

I stick by the argument that it is wrong to lay this mess at the doorstep of the USA, there is no doubt that since 1947 American politicians have been purchased by AIPAC but until 1947 US policy was fairly set against the formation of Israel.

Once again anyone interested in this conflict should seriously consider reading Genesis: Truman, American Jews, and the Origins of the Arab/Israeli Conflict by John B Judis.
 


Similar Topics
Don't fault Israel for Palestinians' intransigence
Israel launches new Gaza strike, raids West Bank
Bush to Pressure Israel Over West Bank Settlement Plan (Reu
Israel Plans to Hand Over Second West Bank City (Reuters)
Israel Agrees to Start Delayed West Bank Pullback (Reuters)