Israel ?

I am currently reading a big book on Israel intelligence services from the 20's to the 90's. It's called Israel's Secret Wars: A History of Israel's Intelligence Services by Ian Black and Benny Morris.

Highly readable and exhaustively researched, it provides the most balanced view yet of this controversial subject.

I strongly reccomend it to you: the Mossad is one of the most efficient agencies in history.

ive read some biased stuff before... even some books written by people who think they are being even and "liberal" are bs...

want a non political book on a mid east war... read
Eve of destruction by howard blum

Thanks for the tips on books. I just wish the History Channel will leave the PC crap and do a decent program on Israeli Armed Forces instead of the half baked crap they had before.

Italian Guy said:
nope, but wasn't that the Uganda story?
Yes it was. There are three movies made on that raid:-
Raid on Entebbe (most popular and watchable).
Op Thunderbolt (more like a documentry)
forget the name of 3rd version??

i like the idf raid on egyptians newest radar at the time
raid on green isle
assasination of terrorists
and operation raviv which i posted on one of the forums

Italian guy,
Yes I think "Victory at Entebbe" could be that movie.
This raid has special significance, since it was carried out inspite of the enemy having great depth in its location.
Presence of civilian hostages, and minimum casualities to IDF troops. The only fatality was the CO Lt.Col.Jonathan "Yoni" Natanyahu.
That raid was a powerful symbol, of what a little determination and courage can do.

Back