Israel and its military

TacticalEdge

I recently read a book(HOW TO MAKE WAR by James F. Dunnigan) and it had a lot of information on Israel. I didnt know that Israel was such a power player in the world of war until I read that book. I was just wondering if anyone had any info on the IDF that they could tell me. I know they use the Merkava tank and some F-16's but that is about it.

Kozzy Mozzy said:
I'm pretty sure Israel's soldiers are the best fighting men on the planet.

Let's not start with a "who's best" thread again... :lol:

Please post only facts and not speculations here now.. ;)

i just would like to know what israel fights with (type of jets, bombers,rifles,tanks,and any other equipment you would like to share) and also the type of training that the soldiers there go through. If i wasnt a USA citizen planning on going into the USMC as an officer i would join the IDF if that were possible(i dont know if they accept other countries citizens into thier officer corps)but any info you have i would be glad to here

thanks

Redleg said:
Kozzy Mozzy said:
I'm pretty sure Israel's soldiers are the best fighting men on the planet.

Let's not start with a "who's best" thread again... :lol:

Please post only facts and not speculations here now.. ;)

I make that descision on based on what I've seen, heard, and analyzed. I am not biased towards Israel in anyway.

Fine, Kozzy, but we have had a lot of debates over which military is the best, and they always turn south, so we are not going to let another one start up.

Ok

Ok, thanks for the compliments Kozzy-Mozzy, but lets not start that....
Now, as to this:
dont know if they accept other countries citizens into thier officer corps
Israel dose not have an officer corps, first you need to be a conscript....We dont conscript foreighn citizens.

ok.... but back to the questions on its weapons and aslo i would like to know if they have our equilvent of a USMC or is it just the IDF/IAF

ok

OK, so here we go.

As far as the Air-Force:
fighters:
F16A,B,C,D. Also, F16I(modified to IAF needs).
F15A,B,C,D. Also F16I(F15E modified to IAF needs).
F4-2000(Modified)
A4N,H
Attack Helies:
AH64,
AH1

IDF:
Tanks:
Merkava Mk1,2,3,4.
Magach(moded M60s)

Infentery weapons:
M16A1,A2.
Galil.
Uzi.
Negev.

As you can see, lots of stuff.....Basically american and Israeli made. check out www.israeli-weapons.com.

As to the "Israeli-Marines", no such thing.

Back