Israel compared to Saddam's regime; interesting

Darkmb101 said:
Well, first off the United States are currently fighting a war against terrorism. The same terrorists group of terrorists which attacked the World Trade Center. We knew Saddam had been training, suppling and paying for these terrorists.

How do you know Saddam was behind the strike against WTC, if I dont remember wrong George Bush also knew Saddam has chemical weapons etc.(but none of those were never found)
Wasnt the group which attacked WTC al-qaeda which is Osama bin-ladens group, and to my knowledge Osama also hates Saddam, so it is wrong to blame Saddam for that.
And IMO it dosent goes like that that some country is purely good or bad, but my opinion is that the both Israel and Iraq has done very bad things and if I have to decide they both are bad. :roll:

Sherman thecnicly its not it kinda proves that this website is narrow minded.

Proof: good guys=isreal
bad guys= iraq..

Even if you are pro-isreal you cannot say bad guy there is no such thing.
Iraq didnt ask for a war.and isreal has killed way more people in 10 years then saddam has.(even under dif surcomstances)

I think the difference between Israel and Iraq is that the Israelis are not, or haven't been, ruled by a sadistic tyrant (despite what some may think about Sharon) who brutually supresses any political opinion and murders his own people.

It's true that the Israelis are no angels and that they've rough-rodden over quite a few international laws themselves. But you cannot even begin to compare them to Saddam's regime.

Christos I understand what you're trying to demonstrate but if you really are trying to make a case for either saying there's no difference between Israel and Iraq or even saying that Israel is worse you're making yourself out to look either very biased or extremely foolish.

Jtf2 said:
you cannot say bad guy there is no such thing.

Bullsh*t. So, to use the obvious example, Hitler was not a "bad guy?" Jeffrey Dahmer was not a "bad guy?" Usama bin Laden is not a "bad guy?"
That is, to be blunt, a trite and indefensible comment.

this whole website is bias

"This whole website" is made up of over 650 members, each with different views. Even if the majority disagree with yourself, who's to say that it is not your own bias? Obviously everyone brings their own biases, no matter how small, based on their situation and experiences and beliefs, to any discussion, including yourself.

hc^patonki said:
Darkmb101 said:
Well, first off the United States are currently fighting a war against terrorism. The same terrorists group of terrorists which attacked the World Trade Center. We knew Saddam had been training, suppling and paying for these terrorists.

How do you know Saddam was behind the strike against WTC, if I dont remember wrong George Bush also knew Saddam has chemical weapons etc.(but none of those were never found)
Wasnt the group which attacked WTC al-qaeda which is Osama bin-ladens group, and to my knowledge Osama also hates Saddam, so it is wrong to blame Saddam for that.
:

yeah how do you know what saddam was behinde the attacks? yeah saddam was a tyran and hated USA, but i think he dint make any terrorist attacks agains USA and esspesaly WTC.

Quote:
this whole website is bias

"This whole website" is made up of over 650 members, each with different views. Even if the majority disagree with yourself, who's to say that it is not your own bias? Obviously everyone brings their own biases, no matter how small, based on their situation and experiences and beliefs, to any discussion, including yourself.

I agree im just saying if i were to post: May the republican guard get crushed no one would say anything against it and if i were to say may the US or isrealy troops suffer i would be banned.
(this is an example i do want anyone to die or suffer.)

These are assumptions, and I do not see what the point of even saying them is. If we banned people who did not agree with us (not that we always agree among ourselves, either), you'd already be gone, wouldn't you? Stay on topic.

Jtf2 said:
I agree im just saying if i were to post: May the republican guard get crushed no one would say anything against it and if i were to say may the US or isrealy troops suffer i would be banned.
(this is an example i do want anyone to die or suffer.)

I do not agree with everything USA and Isreal does, and I have said that in many posts here...
But I respect that others may have other opinions than me, and I'll let them post that..
But it depends how they present their views, flaming or disrespect is not tolerated, and I have actually deleted some of Shermans and Rednecks posts too. (as well as a couple of my own.... :oops: )

So if the members stay on topic and can back up what they say, I have no problem with them...

Anyone can PM me if you have any problems with this, but lets stay on-topic here from now on!

and if i were to say may the US or isrealy troops suffer i would be banned.

Perhaps not on this website, as there are international members that aren't losing friends, brothers and family members during this war .. but on most any other, you would be. This is a very liberal military website, you kids get away with quite a bit more than on most military oriented sites, so quit whining.

RnderSafe said:
Perhaps not on this website, as there are international members that aren't losing friends, brothers and family members during this war.
This is highly irrelevant!
I alone decide if someone should get banned or not.
I may not have lost any friends/family in the Iraq war, but I do have several friends in Iraq, Afghanistan, Kosovo and many other conflict zones in the world, and it's not only Norwegians..
Will I change the way I run this forum if a friend of me is killed down there??
No, I don't think so...

RnderSafe said:
This is a very liberal military website
And it will continue to be just that!

RnderSafe said:
you kids get away with quite a bit more than on most military oriented sites
What sites??
I've seen ten times more flaming on military.com and several other military websites, without the moderators ban users, or even delete the posts....
Freedom of speech is something I do belive in.
Some may come here with completelly different views than the rest of us, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are wrong, but that they may not know all the facts.
And as long as their posts are well presented, and make some sense I'll let them pass.
If I should ban every member I disagree with, this would be a very boring forum.... (I would probably be the only one left...)

Again, this goes to all of you;
PM, or post in the suggestions category me if you have any problems with the way the forum is run!
Good and creative suggestions are always welcome.

Stay on topic from now on!

Back