Israel bans army from using ‘human shields’

Duty Honor Country

JERUSALEM: Israel’s Supreme Court on Thursday banned the army from using Palestinian civilians as “human shields” during arrest operations aimed at flushing out wanted militants from hiding places.

The ruling that the practice violates international law followed petitions filed three years ago by two human rights groups in Israel. The Supreme Court, the country’s highest court, had already issued a temporary injunction against the practice in August 2002, after the petition was filed in May of that year.

Israeli soldiers, however, have continued to use Palestinian civilians as decoys by forcing them, often at gunpoint, to approach homes or places where wanted militants are hiding so that they can be extracted and arrested...

READ MORE

Ditto!

Anyways, I was thinking who might stop Palestinians from using their own people as human shields?

It's us or them. I'm for using them as human shields. Sorry, it doesn't sound right but I stick by what I said.

If I know that there's some nutjob with a bomb on his chest. I'M GOING TO USE WHATEVER MEANS I CAN TO LIVE. And if that means using one of his own people. Fine with me. The Palestinians aren't Palestinians. They're Jordanian. Palestine was never a nation or people. It was just terroritory. And they never fight by the "rules" anyways.

5.56X45mm said:
It's us or them. I'm for using them as human shields. Sorry, it doesn't sound right but I stick by what I said.

If I know that there's some nutjob with a bomb on his chest. I'M GOING TO USE WHATEVER MEANS I CAN TO LIVE. And if that means using one of his own people. Fine with me. The Palestinians aren't Palestinians. They're Jordanian. Palestine was never a nation or people. It was just terroritory. And they never fight by the "rules" anyways.

So in a different setting you would send arabs as human shields against insugents in Iraq?
This is to me a total lack of respect for human life!

Back