Israel, again - Page 7




 
--
Boots
 
May 20th, 2004  
Italian Guy
 
 
Yesterday a tank opened fire against Rafah and killed 14 people. today a further attack carried out by the Israeli army killed some people, and also a 3-yr-old baby who died because of the shock when a bomb or missile hit the ground near him.

I stand for Israel, so just like the White House did, I would like to ask Sherman, who is on the spot, for some indepth explanations. what happened ?
May 20th, 2004  
Marksman
 
 
Yep heard about it on news,horible
May 20th, 2004  
SHERMAN
 
 

Topic: Well


Firstly, my deepest regrets about any citizens killed by the IDF.

Well, I did not investigate this to much, but as i know there were 8 dead, some of them armed. Israel is engaged in fierce fighting in
Gaza, the palestinians are risking them selves by going out in the street in such times, but here is the official IDF version of this event:

http://www1.idf.il/DOVER/site/mainpa...docid=31354.EN[/url]
--
Boots
May 21st, 2004  
Italian Guy
 
 
Thank you Sherman.
May 26th, 2004  
Italian Guy
 
 

Topic: Sharon's new plan.


Ok, this is an article ( in Italian ) from Italy's most popular magazine, by Israeli journalist Fiamma Nirenstein. It is about a plan to be carried out by Sharon, and it allegedly includes the building of some tunnels under the desert and some territorial changes. Sherman didn't know anything about it so I provide the link and some translation.
This is the article:

http://www.panorama.it/mondo/mediori...-A020001024533

Since I don't expect anybody to be able to understand it nor do I mean to translate it fully ( too long ), I will translate the last two paragraphs which are specifically about the plan's details:

So here is Sharon's secret plan as it was prepared by general Giora Ailand, the strategist who works a Chief of the Security Council for the Prime minister. It implies, first of all, the withdrawal from Gaza, then the dismantling of the settlements in part of the West Bank. It includes, on top of that, that the Gaza Strip will triple its size thanks to Egyptian territorial concessions ( right term ? ) on the border and in the Sinai.
As a compensation Egypt would get 200 sq km from Israel in the Negev and a tunnel through Israel to connect these areas to the Mediterranean.
Also Jordan would get access to the Mediterranean thanks to a tunnel, and so would Saudi Arabia and Iraq, in order to create a thriving economic promotion for all of the Middle East.
As far as the Palestinians are concerned, it is planned that they get the 89 % of the West Bank, while Israel would keep the remaining 11 % where the largest settlements or towns inhabited by Jewish poplulation are.
Gaza would thus become a greatly important port thanks to international investments.

The United States and Egypt would get the international patronage on the Palestinian territories, in order to avoid that a State being subject to terrorists be created. Sharon's intention is to get to the agreement during a conference for peace held with the different parties, the USA, the EU, Russia.
To date, the plan has been reportedly seen by Israel's chief of the military, Gen.«Boogy» Ya'alon, by Nat'l Security Counselor Condoleeza Rice and by Germany's foreign affairs' Secretary Joshka Fischer. Their reactions are not known.
The revolutionary impact of the plan is evident. It is clear that it will be a long way ahead until it is signed or approved of. But, who knows, Sharon might even make it.
May 26th, 2004  
Pollux
 
great idea i think...
May 26th, 2004  
Redneck
 
 
I have the feeling that would become the most bombed tunnel in the history of mankind.
May 26th, 2004  
Italian Guy
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
I have the feeling that would become the most bombed tunnel in the history of mankind.
Me too, RN. I mean it's such a titanic plan. The magazine is pro-Israel and the journalist is one of the most popular and more professional journalists we have.
May 26th, 2004  
SHERMAN
 
 

Topic: nope


Not a thing about in news papers here...Sounds like a joke to me.
May 26th, 2004  
Italian Guy
 
 

Topic: Re: nope


Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman105
Not a thing about in news papers here...Sounds like a joke to me.
It's not a joke. Please try to know more about it ok? i mean I aint going to believe it took me 20 mins to translate..a joke!