Israel, again

Yesterday a tank opened fire against Rafah and killed 14 people. today a further attack carried out by the Israeli army killed some people, and also a 3-yr-old baby who died because of the shock when a bomb or missile hit the ground near him.

I stand for Israel, so just like the White House did, I would like to ask Sherman, who is on the spot, for some indepth explanations. what happened ?

Sharon's new plan.

Ok, this is an article ( in Italian ) from Italy's most popular magazine, by Israeli journalist Fiamma Nirenstein. It is about a plan to be carried out by Sharon, and it allegedly includes the building of some tunnels under the desert and some territorial changes. Sherman didn't know anything about it so I provide the link and some translation.
This is the article:

http://www.panorama.it/mondo/medioriente/articolo/ix1-A020001024533

Since I don't expect anybody to be able to understand it nor do I mean to translate it fully ( too long ), I will translate the last two paragraphs which are specifically about the plan's details:

So here is Sharon's secret plan as it was prepared by general Giora Ailand, the strategist who works a Chief of the Security Council for the Prime minister. It implies, first of all, the withdrawal from Gaza, then the dismantling of the settlements in part of the West Bank. It includes, on top of that, that the Gaza Strip will triple its size thanks to Egyptian territorial concessions ( right term ? ) on the border and in the Sinai.
As a compensation Egypt would get 200 sq km from Israel in the Negev and a tunnel through Israel to connect these areas to the Mediterranean.
Also Jordan would get access to the Mediterranean thanks to a tunnel, and so would Saudi Arabia and Iraq, in order to create a thriving economic promotion for all of the Middle East.
As far as the Palestinians are concerned, it is planned that they get the 89 % of the West Bank, while Israel would keep the remaining 11 % where the largest settlements or towns inhabited by Jewish poplulation are.
Gaza would thus become a greatly important port thanks to international investments.

The United States and Egypt would get the international patronage on the Palestinian territories, in order to avoid that a State being subject to terrorists be created. Sharon's intention is to get to the agreement during a conference for peace held with the different parties, the USA, the EU, Russia.
To date, the plan has been reportedly seen by Israel's chief of the military, Gen.«Boogy» Ya'alon, by Nat'l Security Counselor Condoleeza Rice and by Germany's foreign affairs' Secretary Joshka Fischer. Their reactions are not known.
The revolutionary impact of the plan is evident. It is clear that it will be a long way ahead until it is signed or approved of. But, who knows, Sharon might even make it.

Redneck said:
I have the feeling that would become the most bombed tunnel in the history of mankind.

Me too, RN. I mean it's such a titanic plan. The magazine is pro-Israel and the journalist is one of the most popular and more professional journalists we have.

Re: nope

sherman105 said:
Not a thing about in news papers here...Sounds like a joke to me.

It's not a joke. Please try to know more about it ok? i mean I aint going to believe it took me 20 mins to translate..a joke! :biggun:

Palestinian lands? when? During the Ottoman 450 year rule there was no reference to Palestine!!! The Turks are not Arabs!!!!

Pal·es·tine (p
abreve.gif
l
prime.gif
ibreve.gif
-st
imacr.gif
n
lprime.gif
)
Often called "the Holy Land." A historical region of southwest Asia at the eastern end of the Mediterranean Sea and roughly coextensive with modern Israel and the West Bank.

1. (Placename) Also called the Holy Land Canaan the area between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea in which most of the biblical narrative is located
2. (Historical Terms) the province of the Roman Empire in this region
3. (Historical Terms) the former British mandatory territory created by the League of Nations in 1922 (but effective from 1920), and including all of the present territories of Israel and Jordan between whom it was partitioned by the UN in 1948

Pal·es·tin·ian (p
abreve.gif
l
prime.gif
ibreve.gif
-st
ibreve.gif
n-
prime.gif
ibreve.gif
an)
A resident of Palestine

Palestinian Arabic is a Levantine Arabic dialect subgroup spoken by Palestinians.

Last edited:
Palestinian lands? when? During the Ottoman 450 year rule there was no reference to Palestine!!! The Turks are not Arabs!!!!

Well, on numerous occasions there have been referrals to the region of "Palestine" which are not hard to look up. Believing these references to be true is something else. Perhaps you believe the Holy Book to be true, than you can look it up in:
* Joel 3: 1 - 4
* Genesis 10: 15 - 18

The fact that the work "Talmud de-Eretz Yisrael" is also commonly know as the "Palestinian Talmud" sort of implies that there is a general acceptance of a region named "Palestine", which predates the Ottoman Empire. (http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Judaism/talmud_&_mishna.html)

Its a shame that the kindergarten class my son is in, which has children from five different religions and eight different countries, have learned to share and accept difference in less than five years and its how many years now for the Jews and Arabs?

It's like the Peter Pan story... somehow and some where down the line we seem to lose this ability to share. This usually coincides when we become aware that some are stronger than others....

Pal·es·tine (pl-stn)
Often called "the Holy Land." A historical region of southwest Asia at the eastern end of the Mediterranean Sea and roughly coextensive with modern Israel and the West Bank.

Taking a modern dictionary proves nothing other than pathetic research. In 120 in the Common Era Bar Kachbah made a bloody revolt against the Roman empire. The revolt last about 4 years. At its termination 1/2 of the Jewish population of the 2nd Commonwealth lay dead. It was a very bitterly fought war. The Romans sold the survivors of the 2nd common wealth of Israel into slavery and scattered them across the Roman empire. It forbade Jews to live in Jerusalem and renamed it Aelia Capitolina in 135 CE.

Etymology: The first clear use of the term Palestine to refer to the region synonymous with that defined in modern times was in 5th century BC Ancient Greece. Herodotus wrote of a 'district of Syria, called Palaistinê" . The term was first used to denote an official province in c.135 CE, when the Roman authorities, following the suppression of the Bar Kokhba Revolt, combined Iudaea Province with Galilee and other surrounding cities such as Ashkelon to form "Syria Palaestina" (Syria Palaestina), which some scholars state was in order to complete the dissociation with Judaea.

Today Arabs have made this myth called the Palestinian people. If so then Syria is the natural home for these Arabs! Divide Syria and let the 2 Arab states share Damascus as their common Capital.

There is the Babylonian Talmud and the Jerushalmi Talmud. This absurd notion of the Jerushalmi being the Palestinian Talmud now that's really funny. Fools make me laugh.

Pal·es·tine (pl-stn)

Taking a modern dictionary proves nothing other than pathetic research.
Yes Moshe, that's right. The dictionary is incorrect and your rather lame Zionist propaganda is right. It would seem that your arrogance is only exceeded by your ignorance.

What a pity that no one other than some Jews support your pathetic denials.

You told me there was no mention of Palestinians, implying that they did not exist, well you were wrong weren't you, And anyway even if you were right the Arabs (and a small number of Jews) living in Palestine prior to 1947 are still the "owners" of the land regardless of what anyone calls them.

Yes Moshe, that's right. The dictionary is incorrect and your rather lame Zionist propaganda is right. It would seem that your arrogance is only exceeded by your ignorance.

Roll over play dead! Sit! Beg! If you want to be obtuse like a bowling ball that's your problem not mine. The information i brought came from a quick search in the Encyclopedia - Wikipedia. Idiot goyim love labeling Jews: you fools blamed us for the black plague to red starch growing on your bread which you believed was the body of god ... to drinking your blood etc etc. Now your newest blame game of slander is Zionism. Idiots like you know nothing. Zionism as a political movement of the late 19th century centered upon Jews equal rights to self determination ... in an age where peoples all over the world were demanding this very same right. Its natural that you agree with towel head propaganda b/c both Arabs and pigs like yourself reject the equality of Jews to determine their own national identities. You buy into this Arab mythology of the down trodden Palestinians ... its your new Jesus who took upon himself all the sins of the world.

If a guy goes to a doctor and receives a prognosis of cancer its natural to go get a 2nd opinion. But you have your lame dictionary definition and its sacred like your bread and wine which transforms into god.

Today Arabs have made this myth called the Palestinian people. If so then Syria is the natural home for these Arabs! Divide Syria and let the 2 Arab states share Damascus as their common Capital.

Sounds like a good idea however to be fair since we are discussing Syria in its ancient form we should use a map of Syria from antiquity:
Syria.jpg

Map of Ancient Syria. From The Atlas of Ancient and Classical Geography, by Samuel Butler, Ernest Rhys, editor (1907, repr. 1908).

So I suggest a good spot would be the southern tip of the map?

Oh wait it is already marked on there no extra work required.

ps. Sorry about the size of the image.

Last edited:
Back