Islamic State shows burning of hostage, Jordan vows 'earth-shaking' response

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
By Suleiman Al-Khalidi AMMAN (Reuters) - Islamic State militants released a video on Tuesday appearing to show a captured Jordanian pilot being burnt alive in a cage, a killing that shocked the world and prompted Jordan to promise an "earth-shaking" response. A Jordanian official said the authorities would swiftly execute several militants in retaliation, including an Iraqi woman whom Amman had sought to swap for the pilot taken captive after his plane crashed in Syria in December. Reuters could not immediately confirm the content of the video, which showed a man resembling airman Mouath al-Kasaesbeh standing in a small black cage before being set ablaze. The furious reaction of the Jordanian authorities made clear they treated it as genuine.

More...

What kind of Animals are we dealing with or trying to deal with ? .

I don't think we can deal with these type of thugs. The only thing we can do is swiftly send them to their grave.
Like the SS or Japanese of WW2 they are not afraid to die or kill others "often in horrible ways".

Let the mf's die... slowly. I'm not usually like this, but man, THEY have to be annihilated!! In any way!!!!
God only knows what they will do to the American woman. God, please make it quick.
Not happy about this.

Dadsgirl

Jordon is shook up by this terrible execution and they want to get it on with ISIS but they need Arms that can only be supplied in quantity needed by the U.S. but with our President who draws lines and then moves the line further and further down the road is our President a closet Muslim ? .

Jordan's response is a revenge execution (yes I know she was sentenced to death but to rush the execution as a response makes it revenge) which basically says we are no better than those we are fighting.

I have no issues at all with killing ISIS on the battlefield and I have no problem with the execution of those convicted of crimes that warrant the death penalty but when we sink to the level of those we regard as barbaric we have to question our own actions.

As for Jordan needing arms I am not sure why they would need them as they have over 1000 MBT's mostly Challenger I's, damn near 2500 APC and IFV's, 600 artillery pieces and missile launchers and a ton of TOW AT systems and AA equipment, the troops are fairly well equipped as well.

The air force has around 100 block 40 and 50 F-16s with a few block 15 F-16s as well and is equipped with AH-1 and AH-6 attack helicopters.

This should be enough to deal with your average lunatic in a Toyota pick up but maybe they would need logistical support.

Perhaps your president is slowly figuring out what most of the world did a while ago, if you attach yourselves to US wars they give you shit for free.

Last edited:
I think you underestimate ISIS a bit. They are fairly well equipped. 1st they have considerable funds coming from the oil rich areas they have overran and use this revenue to purchase arms and not just s AK's, their are many dubious international arms dealers. 2nd when the Iraqi army fell apart last year they inherited American heavy weapons including Abrams tanks.
This is adequate for fighting their Syrian, Kurdish and Iraqi foes at this time. They been in a bit of a stalemate as the battles go back and forth these last months.
I don't think Jordon has any plans to get involved in a full scale war with ISIS.

Last edited:
I think you underestimate ISIS a bit. They are fairly well equipped. 1st they have considerable funds coming from the oil rich areas they have overran and use this revenue to purchase arms and not just s AK's, their are many dubious international arms dealers. 2nd when the Iraqi army fell apart last year they inherited American heavy weapons including Abrams tanks.
This is adequate for fighting their Syrian, Kurdish and Iraqi foes at this time. They been in a bit of a stalemate as the battles go back and forth these last months.
I don't think Jordon has any plans to get involved in a full scale war with ISIS.

Personally I think you are over estimating ISIS yes they have all that you say and yet they are nothing more than an overgrown terrorist cell, they have achieved almost nothing on the battlefield and what they have gained has been gained through terror and brutality.

ISIS have achieved almost nothing against forces that are willing to fight them such as the Kurds and in most cases have been forced to withdraw.

Personally I think you are over estimating ISIS yes they have all that you say and yet they are nothing more than an overgrown terrorist cell, they have achieved almost nothing on the battlefield and what they have gained has been gained through terror and brutality.

ISIS have achieved almost nothing against forces that are willing to fight them such as the Kurds and in most cases have been forced to withdraw.

I agree and for the most part they have made most of their gains against weak and divided forces. My point is that they have more hardware than Toyota pickups with homemade mounted machine guns. That was all.
Unfortunately nobody is willingly to fight them with substantial ground forces as Turkey or Arabia. Likely for fear of religious-political implications.
Our airstrikes hold them at bay a bit, but will never be a solution to the ISIS crisis. I hate to see my country get involved on the ground, however perhaps a limited number of special forces could go in and break their back without a long and protracted conflict, if they could do so in unison with the locals?

ISIS ruthlessness scares the s--t out of the rest of the Arab world there are appx. 40000 of them , a snake in a the yard sends fear through a neighborhood , ISIS is the snake the middle east is the neighborhood .

But in the end ISIS militarily are a joke they are fighting a Syrian army that even by generous standards are not the best and making little head way, they attack Iraq and the Iraqi's bravely ran away leaving the job to Shia militia and the Kurds who have managed to stop them and roll them back in some areas.

Now that they can not run around terrorising new areas they are making themselves busy by killing each other for watching soccer matches and any locals that happen to be passing by with the wrong sized beard or pair of breasts.

Well, whatever they may be, I think they're in for a world of major hurt. For a long while they had Islamic supporters. But since they murdered a loyal member of the Islam, they might as well pull the pin on the grenade and do the Hari Kari, Japanese-syle.

Back