Islam4UK Islamist Group Banned Under Terror Laws

SwordFish_13

Hi,

Islam4UK Islamist Group Banned Under Terror Laws

A radical Islamist group that planned a march through Wootton Bassett will be banned under counter-terrorism laws, Home Secretary Alan Johnson has said.

Islam4UK had planned the protest at the Wiltshire town to honour Muslims killed in the Afghanistan conflict.

The government had been considering outlawing the group - Islam4UK is also known as al-Muhajiroun.

A spokesman for Islam4UK told the BBC it was an "ideological and political organisation", and not a violent one.

Mr Johnson said: "I have today laid an order which will proscribe al-Muhajiroun, Islam4UK, and a number of the other names the organisation goes by.

"It is already proscribed under two other names - al-Ghurabaa and The Saved Sect.

"Proscription is a tough but necessary power to tackle terrorism and is not a course we take lightly.

FROM THE TODAY PROGRAMME
More from Today programme
Analysis: Banning terror groups

"We are clear that an organisation should not be able to circumvent proscription by simply changing its name."

Under the Terrorism Act 2000, a group can be banned if it "commits or participates in acts of terrorism, prepares for, promotes or encourages terrorism or is otherwise concerned in terrorism".

Groups can also be outlawed if they "unlawfully glorify the commission or preparation of acts of terrorism".

Islam4UK spokesman Anjem Choudary told BBC Radio 4: "What the people will see is if you don't agree with the government and you want to expose their foreign policy, then freedom quickly dissipates and turns into dictatorship."

He denied Islam4UK members were involved in violence: "I challenge anyone to authentically prove that any of our members have been involved in any violent activities or promoting violent activities or asking anyone to carry out any sort of military operations.

"We are always at pains to stress that we are an ideological and political organisation.

'Whatever price necessary'

Keith Vaz MP, Home Affairs Select Committee: ""They have the right to appeal"

"We won't be using those names and those platforms which have been proscribed, but I can't stop being a Muslim, I can't stop propagating Islam, I can't stop praying, I can't stop calling for the Sharia.

"That's something I must do, and ultimately I will pay whatever price I need to for my belief."

Speaking from Lebanon, Omar Bakri Muhammad, founder of al-Muhajiroun, told the BBC the decision to ban the group would "increase the popularity of al-Muhajiroun" and "force them underground".

On Sunday Islam4UK cancelled the march, saying it had "successfully highlighted the plight of Muslims in Afghanistan".

The group denied members had planned to carry 500 empty coffins through the town.

The banning order will come into effect on Thursday and make it a criminal offence to be a member, punishable by up to 10 years in prison.

Shadow home secretary Chris Grayling welcomed the decision to ban Islam4UK.

He said: "We cannot permit any group which propagates the views of banned international preachers of hate and organises hate-filled public protests to operate in Britain.

"Now ministers need to look at how they are going to ban other groups in the UK which are part of broader international networks of extremism."

Earlier this week, Prime Minister Gordon Brown said plans for the march were "disgusting".

Finally :thumb: ..Though i am sure the Fundamentalists would use this opportunity to show how insensitive the British regime is , Their Website is already propagation that the banning is a victory Islam and Muslims and how Muslims are being oppressed in UK.. Below is a quote form their site

The announcement of the ban by Alan Johnson this morning is a clear case of the oppressor and tyrant blaming the oppressed. Britain has today become an apartheid state, where Muslims are treated as second class citizens. The freedom of expression excuse is used to allow demonstrations against mosques, to allow the Prophet Muhammad (saw) to be abused, for people to shout vitriol against Islam and Muslims publicly and yet when Muslims merely stand up and say that we are being oppressed, that our brothers and sisters are being murdered,

Hi,

Uhm :mrgreen:

google.jpg

I think anybody committing traitorous acts against their homeland should serve life in prison or be in a permanent PUBLIC registry available to the public so safety is maintained for all. :x Religion is a personal choice and made available to others, sure, but through naturally occurring interaction with others, would be far more ideal. imho. Pardon my rant, just disgusted with such bile being promoted on that site.

Bile is the correct description, and lie-ing bile at that. They are deliberately creating division and have only hatred against all non-muslims; they call for the death of muslims who do not follow their particular path.

They should be removed from this country.

I think anybody committing traitorous acts against their homeland should serve life in prison or be in a permanent PUBLIC registry available to the public so safety is maintained for all. :x Religion is a personal choice and made available to others, sure, but through naturally occurring interaction with others, would be far more ideal. imho. Pardon my rant, just disgusted with such bile being promoted on that site.

You are WAY nicer to them than I would be. Terrorists are like roaches, we need to kill em all.

A lot of Americans have become so insulated from reality that they imagine America can suffer defeat without any inconvenience to themselves. Absolutely No Profiling! Pause a moment, reflect back,
and take the following multiple choice test.
These events are actual events from history. They really happened! Do
you remember?

HERE'S THE TEST

1. In 1968, Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by:
a. Superman
b. Jay Leno
c. Harry Potter
d. A Muslim male extremist between the ages of 17 and 40

2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred
by:
a. Olga Corbett
b. Sitting Bull
c. Arnold Schwarzenegger
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

3. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by:
a. Lost Norwegians
b. Elvis
c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women

4. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in
Lebanon by:
a. John Dillinger
b. The King of Sweden
c. The Boy Scouts

5. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:
a. A pizza delivery boy
b. Pee Wee Herman
c. Geraldo Rivera

6. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70-year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by:
a. The Smurfs
b. Davey Jones
c. The Little Mermaid

7. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by:
a. Captain Kidd
b. Charles Lindberg
c. Mother Teresa

8. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:
a. Scooby Doo
b. The Tooth Fairy
c. The Sundance Kid

9. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:
a. Richard Simmons
b. Grandma Moses
c. Michael Jordan

10. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed
by:
a. Mr. Rogers
b. Hillary Clinton, to distract attention from Wild Bill's women problems
c. The World Wrestling Federation

11. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take out the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers.
Thousands of people were killed by:
a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd
b. The Supreme Court of Florida
c. Mr Bean

12. In 2002, the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:
a. Enron
b. The Lutheran Church
c. The NFL

13. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered (beheaded) by:
a. Bonnie and Clyde
b. Captain Kangaroo
c. Billy Graham

14. In 2009, 31 people wounded and 13 American Soldiers murdered on base at Fort Hood by a Major that was known as a Muslim male extremist between the age of 17 and 40.

15. And, Christmas day, 2009 a Muslim male extremist between the age of 17 and 40 attempted to blow up a plane but was defeated by passengers, or more than 250 people would have died.

No, I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you?

So to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people.
They must conduct random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents who are members of the President's security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winner and former Governor Joe Foss, but leave Muslim Males between the ages 17 and 40 alone lest they be guilty of profiling.

As the writer of the award winning story 'Forrest Gump' so aptly put it, 'Stupid is as stupid does.'

The above is an anonymous quote as I did not think it up. But, I do agree with it. An awful lot of people seem to think problems with muslim radicals started with 9/11.

You are WAY nicer to them than I would be. Terrorists are like roaches, we need to kill em all.

I was being nice .. towards the so-called 'sympathizers' if that's the word :roll: but agree, terrorists should be put down, period. Remove all threat for safety of home.

i say that the world would be a much more amusing place if the answer was C...

as for racial profiling do it, don't announce it.

much simpler that way.

Last edited:
(1) D
(2) D
(3) D
(4) Gee....uh....D?
(5) Hey I remember that its D
(6) D
(7) Yep D again
(8) D, from what I saw on the news
(9) Wait let me think.........D
(10) that's easy,B.....no wait D yea D
(11) First time I cried since I was 10 when my dog died D
(12) D
(13) D

Remind me again why Islam is a religion of peace?
Sorry but after reading the stuff I've read, and seeing the stuff I've seen, you CAN NOT convince me they don't want us all dead.

I'm still amazed that we are surprised that there are people in this world that disagree with our idealogies. After all we in the Christian world never mounted crusades against the "Heathen", pledging to purge them and all their kind from the earth, whilst representing a "god" of love and peace? As my favourite mag, Private Eye would say - Shurely shome mishtake!!

Agreed the acts undertaken by extremists are heinous and extremists need to be countered at all times, but this does not always mean with violence, it is however sometimes unavoidable.

What I never cease to be amazed at, is our ability to forget the law of unintended consequences, ie you kill my dad and I might not be willing to forgive you, you kill my family and you definitely have an enemy for life, I don't care your religious/sexual/colour or other PC persuasion.

So when will our politicians think of the consequences, beyond is this going to get me re-elected, at the moment we are reaping the seeds of Imperial history, my question is how do we break this cycle?

I'm still amazed that we are surprised that there are people in this world that disagree with our idealogies. After all we in the Christian world never mounted crusades against the "Heathen", pledging to purge them and all their kind from the earth, whilst representing a "god" of love and peace? As my favourite mag, Private Eye would say - Shurely shome mishtake!!

Agreed the acts undertaken by extremists are heinous and extremists need to be countered at all times, but this does not always mean with violence, it is however sometimes unavoidable.

What I never cease to be amazed at, is our ability to forget the law of unintended consequences, ie you kill my dad and I might not be willing to forgive you, you kill my family and you definitely have an enemy for life, I don't care your religious/sexual/colour or other PC persuasion.

So when will our politicians think of the consequences, beyond is this going to get me re-elected, at the moment we are reaping the seeds of Imperial history, my question is how do we break this cycle?

It never ceases to amaze me that people like to pull out the Crusades as a way to absolve the Muslims.

Most Christians and Christian faiths have evolved past the 12th and 13th centuries....Muslim goat herders...yeah not so much.

HERE'S THE TEST

1. In 1968, Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by:
a. Superman
b. Jay Leno
c. Harry Potter
d. A Muslim male extremist between the ages of 17 and 40

2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred
by:
a. Olga Corbett
b. Sitting Bull
c. Arnold Schwarzenegger

3. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by:
a. Lost Norwegians
b. Elvis
c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women

4. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in
Lebanon by:
a. John Dillinger
b. The King of Sweden
c. The Boy Scouts

5. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:
a. A pizza delivery boy
b. Pee Wee Herman
c. Geraldo Rivera

6. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70-year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by:
a. The Smurfs
b. Davey Jones
c. The Little Mermaid

7. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by:
a. Captain Kidd
b. Charles Lindberg
c. Mother Teresa

8. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:
a. Scooby Doo
b. The Tooth Fairy
c. The Sundance Kid

9. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:
a. Richard Simmons
b. Grandma Moses
c. Michael Jordan

10. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed
by:
a. Mr. Rogers
b. Hillary Clinton, to distract attention from Wild Bill's women problems
c. The World Wrestling Federation

11. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take out the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers.
Thousands of people were killed by:
a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd
b. The Supreme Court of Florida
c. Mr Bean

12. In 2002, the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:
a. Enron
b. The Lutheran Church
c. The NFL

13. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered (beheaded) by:
a. Bonnie and Clyde
b. Captain Kangaroo
c. Billy Graham
No, I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you?
Indeed. Shoot the clowns. They are the true evil in this world!

They must conduct random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents who are members of the President's security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winner and former Governor Joe Foss, but leave Muslim Males between the ages 17 and 40 alone lest they be guilty of profiling.
Yep! We both know that 80 year old grandma is packing a Ma Deuce under those breasts!

Even the ones that so call, 'convert' would most likely be turned upon :roll:
Yes, you are correct.

Most Christians and Christian faiths have evolved past the 12th and 13th centuries....Muslim goat herders...yeah not so much.
At least now they can use condoms when banging their goats (and hopefully lower the muzzie population numbers)....

Back