Islam in a nutshell

HokieMSG

This is a little long but it raises some interesting questions. I wonder what you all think about this.

Islam Explained in Layman's Terms

Adapted from Dr. Peter Hammond's book: Slavery,
Terrorism and Islam: The Historical Roots and Contemporary Threat.

Islam is not a religion, nor is it a cult. In its
fullest form, it is a complete, total, 100% system of life.

Islam has religious, legal, political, economic, social,
and military components. The religious component is a beard for all of
the other components.

Islamization begins when there are sufficient Muslims in
a country to agitate for their religious privileges.

When politically correct, tolerant, and culturally
diverse societies agree to Muslim demands for their religious
privileges, some of the other components tend to creep in as well.

Here's how it works:

As long as the Muslim population remains around or under
2% in any given country, they will be for the most part be regarded as a
peace-loving minority, and not as a threat to other citizens. This is
the case in:

United States -- Muslim 0.6%
Australia -- Muslim 1.5%
Canada -- Muslim 1.9%
China -- Muslim 1.8%
Italy -- Muslim 1.5%
Norway -- Muslim 1.8%

At 2% to 5%, they begin to proselytize from other ethnic
minorities and disaffected groups, often with major recruiting from the
jails and among street gangs. This is happening in:

Denmark -- Muslim 2%
Germany -- Muslim 3.7%
United Kingdom -- Muslim 2.7%
Spain -- Muslim 4%
Thailand -- Muslim 4.6%

From 5% on, they exercise an inordinate influence in
proportion to their percentage of the population. For example, they
will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards)
food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for Muslims. They will
increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature halal on their
shelves -- along with threats for failure to comply. This is occurring
in:

France -- Muslim 8%
Philippines -- 5%
Sweden -- Muslim 5%
Switzerland -- Muslim 4.3%
The Netherlands -- Muslim 5.5%
Trinidad & Tobago -- Muslim 5.8%

At this point, they will work to get the ruling
government to allow them to rule themselves (within their ghettos) under
Sharia, the Islamic Law. The ultimate goal of Islamists is to establish
Sharia law over the entire world.

When Muslims approach 10% of the population, they tend
to increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions.
In Paris , we are already seeing car-burnings. Any non-Muslim action
offends Islam and results in uprisings and threats, such as in
Amsterdam, with opposition to Mohammed cartoons and films about Islam.
Such tensions are seen daily, particularly in Muslim sections in:
Guyana -- Muslim 10%
India -- Muslim 13.4%
Israel -- Muslim 16%
Kenya -- Muslim 10%
Russia -- Muslim 15%

After reaching 20%, nations can expect hair-trigger rioting,
jihad militia formations, sporadic killings, and the burnings of
Christian churches and Jewish synagogues, such as in:

Ethiopia -- Muslim 32.8%

At 40%, nations experience widespread massacres, chronic terror
attacks, and ongoing militia warfare, such as in:

Bosnia -- Muslim 40%
Chad -- Muslim 53.1%
Lebanon -- Muslim 59.7%

>From 60%, nations experience unfettered persecution of
non-believers of all other religions (including non-conforming Muslims),
sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia Law as a weapon, and
Jizya, the tax placed on infidels, such as in:

Albania -- Muslim 70%
Malaysia -- Muslim 60.4%
Qatar -- Muslim 77..5%
Sudan -- Muslim 70%

After 80%, expect daily intimidation and violent jihad, some
State-run ethnic cleansing, and even some genocide, as these nations
drive out the infidels, and move toward 100% Muslim, such as has been
experienced and in some ways is on-going in:

Bangladesh -- Muslim 83%
Egypt -- Muslim 90%
Gaza -- Muslim 98.7%
Indonesia -- Muslim 86.1%
Iran -- Muslim 98%
Iraq -- Muslim 97%
Jordan -- Muslim 92%
Morocco -- Muslim 98.7%
Pakistan -- Muslim 97%
Palestine -- Muslim 99%
Syria -- Muslim 90%
Tajikistan -- Muslim 90%
Turkey -- Muslim 99.8%
United Arab Emirates -- Muslim 96%

100% will usher in the peace of 'Dar-es-Salaam' -- the Islamic
House of Peace. Here there's supposed to be peace, because everybody is
a Muslim, the Madrasses are the only schools, and the Koran is the only
word, such as in:

Afghanistan -- Muslim 100%
Saudi Arabia -- Muslim 100%
Somalia -- Muslim 100%
Yemen -- Muslim 100%

Unfortunately, peace is never achieved, as in these 100% states
the most radical Muslims intimidate and spew hatred, and satisfy their
blood lust by killing less radical Muslims, for a variety of reasons.

"Before I was nine I had learned the basic canon of Arab life.
It was me against my brother; me and my brother against our father; my
family against my cousins and the clan; the clan against the tribe; the
tribe against the world, and all of us against the infidel." -- Leon
Uris, 'The Haj'

It is important to understand that in some countries, with well
under 100% Muslim populations, such as France, the minority Muslim
populations live in ghettos, within which they are 100% Muslim, and
within which they live by Sharia Law. The national police do not even
enter these ghettos. There are no national courts, nor schools, nor
non-Muslim religious facilities. In such situations, Muslims do not
integrate into the community at large. The children attend madrasses.
They learn only the Koran. To even associate with an infidel is a crime
punishable with death. Therefore, in some areas of certain nations,
Muslim Imams and extremists exercise more power than the national
average would indicate.
Today's 1.5 billion Muslims make up 22% of the world's
population. But their birth rates dwarf the birth rates of Christians,
Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, and all other believers. Muslims will exceed
50% of the world's population by the end of this century.

Adapted from Dr. Peter Hammond's book: Slavery, Terrorism and
Islam: The Historical Roots and Contemporary Threat.

A couple of things about that.

In the case of Israel, the Philippines, Russia, India and even China, the movements are largely independence movements. That is, they ended up belonging to a government they never believed represented them.

In Indonesia, religious violence is actually extremely rare. There was one major conflict of note in the Maluku Islands between the Christians and Muslims, largely a result of Laskar Jihad which was founded by a guy who was educated in his ways in Pakistan with the Mujahideen. This group's been on the run since 2002 and is hated by the vast majority of Indonesians who are also Muslim.

Also, they ignored Brunei where life is more or less rather normal.
Also, Kuwait seems to have not made the list somehow.

If there has been some kind of ethnic cleansing or whatnot in Morocco, Egypt, Malaysia or Turkey in recent history, I'd like to know about it.

Either way, the list is such a gross exagerration and/or cherry picking of data in the cases I know about that it makes me question whether most of the other information is in fact accurate.

Life in Indonesia, Malaysia and Brunei is actually very normal and cultural conflicts aren't especially much greater than cultural conflicts that exist elsewhere. Also the violence involving Islam in the area is largely leads to Pakistan/Afghanistan. One radical would go, learn a few things, come back and recruit some guys and start making trouble.

In Indonesia, religious violence is actually extremely rare. There was one major conflict of note in the Maluku Islands between the Christians and Muslims, largely a result of Laskar Jihad which was founded by a guy who was educated in his ways in Pakistan with the Mujahideen. This group's been on the run since 2002 and is hated by the vast majority of Indonesians who are also Muslim.

If I'm not mistaken, Indonesia to this day is the #1 muslim country ? I believe it even surpasses the other middle eastern countries...I learned this in one of my history classes..

In terms of population it certainly is.
Also happens to be rather tolerant as a rule and intolerant as an exception.
Many faiths exist there. Bali is famous for being Hindu but many people forget that Bali is in fact a part of Indonesia. The Bataks of the Sumatra highlands are also Christian, though I am not sure about the exact Christian/Muslim distribution there.

A couple of things about that.

In the case of Israel, the Philippines, Russia, India and even China, the movements are largely independence movements. That is, they ended up belonging to a government they never believed represented them.

Well in the case of the Philippines a Muslim Autonomus Zone was set up in by the Republic of Philippines after negotiations. Seems that just isn't enough for MILF and AS.

This smacks of bigotry. This is EXACTLY the type of fear mongering we need to combat. I have seen these types of "studies" before, 80 Years Ago in Nazi Germany. This demonization of a ethnic group is not so different than those of the Nazi propagandists.

1. From 5% on, they exercise an inordinate influence in
proportion to their percentage of the population. For example, they
will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards)
food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for Muslims. They will
increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature halal on their
shelves -- along with threats for failure to comply. This is occurring

in:

I wonder if the author bothered to see if any other religions do the same? As a matter of fact you can say the EXACT same thing about Kosher meats industry in the USA. Which is funny as Islam and Jewish dietary laws are practically identical and yet *somehow* the author failed to mention it. In NYC Jews make up 12% of the population. And because of Kosher laws this creates employment specifically for Jews. It also bred mass corruption, -something that DOESN'T happen in Muslim communities as there is no organized crime in Islam (I am not talking about terrorism, which also isn't exclusive to Muslims). The most famous case of this was when the mobster Joey Gallo famously infiltrated the Kosher chicken business through the unions and essiently held the industry hostage causing vast market inflation. And yet Somehow Hammond makes no mention of the imposition of Kosher laws on American society.

At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves (within their ghettos) under Sharia, the Islamic Law. The ultimate goal of Islamists is to establish Sharia law over the entire world.

And this doesn't happen elsewhere? Again this is an obvious slanted hit-piece and the author betrays himself by failing to mention places like Little Italy, Chinatown or Hells Kitchen. Is the author even aware how Hells Kitchen even got its name? There are areas in NYC where black or white would be better off not visiting. No one in the Paris Projects is going to blow your brains out for merely being in the wrong place.

When Muslims approach 10% of the population, they tend
to increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions.
In Paris , we are already seeing car-burnings. Any non-Muslim action
offends Islam and results in uprisings and threats, such as in
Amsterdam, with opposition to Mohammed cartoons and films about Islam.
Such tensions are seen daily, particularly in Muslim sections in:

And again, this doesn't happen in Christian America? Apparently the author has never been to South-Central LA, the Bronx, Detroit or half-a dozen hell holes that have had riots NOT related to Islam. The author is trying to scare us into believing that these Muslim neighborhoods are the most dangerous places in earth. I am writing this post from Saint Denis, thats Ground 0 of where the last riot were in 2006. Saint Denis is far less dangerous than the South Bronx. And oddly enough, nobody has tried to force Sharia Law on me either...

What the author "forgot" to mention is that while the government allows degrees of autonomy there is a line. The line being is when Sharia specifically contradicts French Law, when that happens the hammer gets dropped. The recent Burqua ban exemplifies this. Burqas are seen as a tool of female subjugation, thats why they are banned.

The author very conveniently glossed the REAL reason the is civil unrest in these areas which isn't Islam its poverty, high unemployment, and low education not Islam which is the universal cause of urban unrest.

But ultimately the authors biggest failing to mention that the "evils" of Islam are actually only exercised by a radical small minority which most muslims view as a cult. After all, which ethinic groups does Al-Qaeda kill the most of? Answer: Other Muslims.

and that all religions has there nut-cases who try and impose their religion by force and intimidation. Evangelical Christians can be just as crazy.

Last edited:
Mmarsh spot on.

This starts with the example of the Jewish "kosher" dietary procedures which they are trying to get exceptions for from the current laws in European countries whenever there are more than a few living in a ghetto, it made this clear, and I even find it normal (we German expatriots here in Spain are also trying to change the beer rules that offend us so much, and we are around 8% and so consicer ourselves a factor and are recognized as such by both the population as well as the politicians).

Face it, folks, it is called "interest group" bullying/wrestling, aka "Democracy".

Did the author even ever travel one of the nations mentioned (or the ones left out on purpose)? Does not seem so, I recommend a visit to Istambul, he will have the time of his life under a 80+% muslim environment, without any of the threats even closely present that he mentioned.

Rattler

Last edited:
I actually agree with what everyone has said. Growing up in NJ and visting NYC a lot I saw a lot of what mmarsh is talking about. The comments he made about the kosher food industry are the first thing that I saw wrong with this article.

I am glad to see that this has generated some good debate.

I guess ultimately what I wish for is for the moderates to police the radicals. The biggest problem that I see with Islam is that in many remote locations (where the extremists usually come from) there is a singular lack of educational infrastructure. If we can provide an education to everyone, the people that might be recruited by the extremeists will see that there are other options available. Does not mean that the problem will go away, but IMHO the problem should be manageable. Of course the extremists will scream about indoctrination (which, I believe, is precisely what they are doing).

Don't get me wrong here. There are a lot of the same type of issues that I see with the other religions as well.

We have spent a lot of blood and treasure only to have it torn down by the extremists. These are the guys that see education and enlightenment as a threat to their way of life. And until we can make them understand that education is good for everyone (except the nutjobs who want to return to the 12th century, as they will never understand) we will continue to have problems with extremists.

Bottom line is that investment in education is the key.

I actually agree with what everyone has said. Growing up in NJ and visting NYC a lot I saw a lot of what mmarsh is talking about. The comments he made about the kosher food industry are the first thing that I saw wrong with this article.

I am glad to see that this has generated some good debate.

I guess ultimately what I wish for is for the moderates to police the radicals. The biggest problem that I see with Islam is that in many remote locations (where the extremists usually come from) there is a singular lack of educational infrastructure. If we can provide an education to everyone, the people that might be recruited by the extremeists will see that there are other options available. Does not mean that the problem will go away, but IMHO the problem should be manageable. Of course the extremists will scream about indoctrination (which, I believe, is precisely what they are doing).

Don't get me wrong here. There are a lot of the same type of issues that I see with the other religions as well.

We have spent a lot of blood and treasure only to have it torn down by the extremists. These are the guys that see education and enlightenment as a threat to their way of life. And until we can make them understand that education is good for everyone (except the nutjobs who want to return to the 12th century, as they will never understand) we will continue to have problems with extremists.

Bottom line is that investment in education is the key.
And the same can be said about every issue everywhere. If people are informed on it, they can make the best decision possible. When people are ignorant and closed-minded and UNWILLING to learn, then comes the issue of people not knowing and being afraid of that unknown. Be it religion, homosexuality, economics, guns, or any other debatable platform.

If you don't know anything about the "other side," how can you expect to make an informed opinion about them?

Sorry to broaden up the topic a little bit, but my fingers just had to get that message out. ;)

If you don't know anything about the "other side," how can you expect to make an informed opinion about them?

It is too bad that our politicians guilty of this. Both sides of the isle desperately cling to their beliefs and will not even listen to what the other side has to say. It is a shame that these same people are the ones that are supposedly leading this country. All they do is spew their rhetoric and refuse to listen.

It is too bad that our politicians guilty of this. Both sides of the isle desperately cling to their beliefs and will not even listen to what the other side has to say. It is a shame that these same people are the ones that are supposedly leading this country. All they do is spew their rhetoric and refuse to listen.
Alas, we have stumbled upon the great paradox of a two-party political system. A basic human need according to Abraham Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs is social interaction. The 2nd highest, as a matter of fact. Therefore, humans will look for any and all reasons to align themselves with one another. With this in mind, a two party political system only divides our nation in half on most issues. Hence why no 3rd party candidate has been elected in our lifetime.

Anyways getting back on topic, I think often these very simplified writings about very complicated matters are often highly inaccurate and instead of being an academic analysis, ends up becoming propaganda.

Alas, we have stumbled upon the great paradox of a two-party political system. A basic human need according to Abraham Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs is social interaction. The 2nd highest, as a matter of fact. Therefore, humans will look for any and all reasons to align themselves with one another. With this in mind, a two party political system only divides our nation in half on most issues. Hence why no 3rd party candidate has been elected in our lifetime.

OFF TOPIC
Actually the reason we only have a 2 party system is the Dems and Republicans hijacked the presidential debates. They used to be run by a non partisan group. Then the "official" parties took over and have consistently excluded everyone except their candidates. Heard, wait for it, Jesse Ventura talk at Virginia Tech and he discussed this. Very interesting, but we do need to get away from the 2 party system. Just as long as it doesn't become a 200 party system. Then things will never get done.

ON TOPIC
ACoM. A lot has to do with perspective. If read in the proper context, the article I started this thread with could be viewed as a "Vast Islamic Conspiracy" :mrgreen: Kinda like the right wing one. All I know is that the U.S. governement has been asleep at the wheel for a long time and the American public is quickly growing tired of it.

If there has been some kind of ethnic cleansing or whatnot in Morocco, Egypt, Malaysia or Turkey in recent history, I'd like to know about it.

The Zilan incident, The events of Bloody Sunday, and countless other tragedies that took place in Turkey?

Back