Islam countries boycotting danish goods! *very interesting*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missileer said:
I've mentioned on here several times that the Muslim mindset is not that one or two out of many Western Nations are evil. They demand that the most mundane rules in the Koran be gold plated by the West or you are satan.

Missileer (this is going to one of the rare instances that we agree :p )

Not only that, but the muslims are hypocrites on respect for religons. Non-muslims (Christians, Jews, Hindus) are persecuted in many Arab countries, both legally and illegally. Christians and Jews are very common scapegoat in that part of the world, (similar to Jews were in the 1930s)
and very often are subjectated to violence. The authorities are noticeably passive when in comes to protecting minorites. But when a stupid cartoon comes out IN DENMARK (not even a muslim country) the Danes are supposed to bow down to them? Its exactly what happened in France with the headscarf issue, the whole ME went into a uproar about what was going on in a NON-MUSLIM country. Could you imagine the reaction that would happen if the Pope started demanding Catholic doctrine be enforced in Saudi Arabia? Far more respect is given to Islam in the West, than Christianity or Judiaism is given in the Middle East. Under no circumstances should the newspaper apologize...

One final note. One of the very few good things that Yasser Arafat did was that he made sure that the rights of Christian Palestineans were respected. Now that Hamas is in charge does anyone want to take odds about how well they will view Arab Christians, or Islamic Jihad for that matter...

Last edited:
mmarsh said:
Under no circumstances should the newspaper apologize...
sadly the newspaper apologized yesterday, though not all muslims have heard the news yet...

BUT

the few who have heard it doesn't really care... now they want our GOVERNMENT to apologize too and punish the newspaper!!!

and the newspaper has been warned of bomb attacks by muslim militants(sp?)

---------------

What can i say!?

an SMS has been going around in DK telling everyone to buy a Koran the 4 and burn it on the main square in Copenhagen in protest! sadly i live too far away from copenhagen, but i would consider meeting up if i lived close enough!

though it will probably worsen the situation ALOT if its going to happen... still, a part of me wish for it to happen! :S

we cant let these people mess with out lives! if they dissagree, they should leave our free country! but why wont they!? we dont even want them... !!

Last edited:
This case is the ultimate in Muslim hypocrisy. The Muslim world pulls no punches when demonizing, insulting and generally running other religions into the ground. Its open season any everyone else, but the instant ANYBODY says or does anything the slightest bit insulting to Muslim sensibilities, then the Muslim world resorts to Murder and Terrorism. In this case, the instant that Danish citizens were beaten up, it proved that the publisher was at least partially right (depending upon how you interpret it.) At minimum, the teaching of Mohammed are currently being used to justify murder and violence.

Christians used to be pretty much the same way: Reacting with violence to whatever they viewed as "heresy." But its been at least a hundred years since the Christian World would have been capable of violently responding on the same level or scale. Criticism of Christianity these days is pretty much accepted as a social norm. Christians have come to the startling conclusion that throwing hatred and violence in the face of the slightest criticism is counterproductive and makes Christendom as a whole look stupid. Islam has yet to figure that out somehow or another.

The greatest mistake in the whole matter is that the Muslim nations are demanding that Denmark and the West not only accept but enforce their rules and customs throughout Europe. Sorry to say, it ain't gonna happen. And the whole circumstance must surely bring smiles to the faces of Atheists everwhere. They must be thinking, "You see, nothing good comes from religion. Just look at all the violence and hatred it creates." As I am not an Atheist, that fact irritates me greatly.

Eurabia seems to be a proper word for that old continent.

Stop the radical muslims before they destroy your old civilized society

I just wonder where this goes.... You can apologise all you want, but it won't do much good. Like that dude in Iran: the more he shoots his mouth off the more he shows of himself. The protesting muslims aren't doing themselves a good favour on this one.

Ted said:
I just wonder where this goes.... You can apologise all you want, but it won't do much good. Like that dude in Iran: the more he shoots his mouth off the more he shows of himself. The protesting muslims aren't doing themselves a good favour on this one.

you cant appease these lunatics, you have to deal with them

Does this situation leave any doubt whatsoever in anyone's mind that Islamic Theocracies are incapable of undersatanding even trhe most basic concepts of individual freedom and human rights?

The very concept of personal, individual freedom is as incomprehensible to the mind of a fundamentalist muslim as higher mathematics would be to the mind of a caveman.

localgrizzly said:
Does this situation leave any doubt whatsoever in anyone's mind that Islamic Theocracies are incapable of undersatanding even trhe most basic concepts of individual freedom and human rights?

The very concept of personal, individual freedom is as incomprehensible to the mind of a fundamentalist muslim as higher mathematics would be to the mind of a caveman.
As far as the Theocratic States, I agree 100%. They're no more openminded than the Spanish Inquisition was. As for the Muslim World as a whole, I believe that a great many of them do respect the freedoms of others and a great many don't. Ulitmately, the Middle East and Muslim World in general seems to be sitting about 100-200 years behind the West in their development/consideration of the rights of others. Many people in the Muslim World have reservations about rethinking things that are, in their view, exactly as Allah has commanded them to be. Christianity went through the same thing.

The way I see this issue is all about our right of free speach and the right of expressing our opinion of Islam by the same level as spoken of of other religions, like Christianity. Take a look on the former century - several books and movies released that many would see as blasphemy (Life Of Brian, for instance). Have these authors been threatned by their life? Have these authors been given permanent police protection? I can't remember any.

What we should debate is weather or not we should respect the Muslims more than any other religion? And why should we?

mmarsh said:
UPDATE

French and German Newspapers reprint cartoons in defiant refusal to be bullied by Islamic Fundimentalists...

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/02/01/france.cartoon.ap/index.html

Good for them!

The French cheif editor was fired today by printing those cartoons :cens:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4672642.stm

Hey, cartoons are quite innocent compared to these:

1989: Iranian spiritual leader Ayatollah Khomeini calls on Muslims to kill British author Salman Rushdie for alleged blasphemy in his book The Satanic Verses
2002: Nigerian journalist Isioma Daniel's article about Prophet and Miss World contestants sparks deadly riots
2004: Dutch film maker Theo van Gogh killed after release of his documentary about violence against Muslim women
2005: London's Tate Britain museum cancels plans to display sculpture by John Latham for fear of offending Muslims after July bombings

Last edited:
I wonder if muslims would apologize for the beheading of people in Iraq, for the sexual apartheid against women in islamic countries or for the suppression of the dissidents in countries like Iran or Syria.

Will they ever aplogize? I doubt it

Sunb!

Yeah, I just read about it this morning, I think it had more to with the owner of the paper being an Egyptian than with political pressure.

Damien435

Agree there, the Europeans are ardent secularists, countries like Iran are exactly what they DON'T WANT over here, (of any faith). The French would sooner raze Paris to the ground then have it become a Islamic Caliphate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back