ISIS Threatens to Invade Jordan, 'Slaughter' King Abdullah

In normal situations I would agree but ISIS seems to be one of those groups that you just cant reason with to quote another dangerous man you are "either with them or against them" there is no in between.

I will agree that the root causes which have allowed ISIS to come about need to be addressed but ISIS themselves have to be destroyed before any progress will be made.

As for Iraq and Syria I still argue that the best course of action in Iraq is 3 separate provinces based on factional lines with their own local governments from which a federal government is chosen on an equal numbers basis to run the country.

With Syria the west should deal with Assad to help end the civil war as like it or not he is the only one with functioning government that is not riddled with extremists however Assad himself has to go, he can take his family and billions in ill gotten gains and leave peacefully for all I care but he has to go.

I absolutely agree with you which is why the need to be exterminated. But the question still stands is how are these people able to convince young Muslims from countries like the UK to join. ISIS is somehow able to appeal to a dissatisfaction minority. Personally I view ISIS as "Hitler Youth" type movement..brainwashed youngsters talked into acts of extreme violence by a few elders.

And like the Hitler Youth, they are fanatical to the point of being beyond reason. And like a Maddog they must be put down immediately before it spreads more.

I absolutely agree with you which is why the need to be exterminated. But the question still stands is how are these people able to convince young Muslims from countries like the UK to join. ISIS is somehow able to appeal to a dissatisfaction minority. Personally I view ISIS as "Hitler Youth" type movement..brainwashed youngsters talked into acts of extreme violence by a few elders.

And like the Hitler Youth, they are fanatical to the point of being beyond reason. And like a Maddog they must be put down immediately before it spreads more.

They recruit them by the supression of the Sunnis by the Shia lead dominated government hosted by Nouri al-Maliki. The Sunnis had no voice in the government and were relegated to second class citizens. Considered the vanguard of the Sunnis, they are winning pecieved battles and appear strong.

You can't forget all the rich Sunni micro gulf states, highly rich and they hate Shia based Iran. Iraq was in Irans back pocket, this causes the Sunnis to react and yes I bet they are funded by Suadi Arabia, Qatar and the UAE.

It's a proxy war....

Last edited:

I am not sure I agree I do not think they are anywhere near as organised as the Hitler youth, first off I think there is one point the is not being recognised here which is that the numbers of people we are talking about are very small.

Just looking at the UK there are 64 million people and the number of recruits to ISIS is measured in the hundreds so we are talking fractions of percents.

There are 1.5 million Muslims in the UK so we are not even talking 0.1% of the Muslim population.

On the whole no matter what your cause in a world with 7 billion people you are going following and even 0.0001% of 7 billion is still a sizable number of people if you get them all in one place.

Apparently there has been a few Kiwis that have tried to sign up with these lunatics and I found it interesting that every one of them was rejected from joining the military so off they went to the next option.

I am not sure I agree I do not think they are anywhere near as organised as the Hitler youth, first off I think there is one point the is not being recognised here which is that the numbers of people we are talking about are very small.

Just looking at the UK there are 64 million people and the number of recruits to ISIS is measured in the hundreds so we are talking fractions of percents.

There are 1.5 million Muslims in the UK so we are not even talking 0.1% of the Muslim population.

On the whole no matter what your cause in a world with 7 billion people you are going following and even 0.0001% of 7 billion is still a sizable number of people if you get them all in one place.

Apparently there has been a few Kiwis that have tried to sign up with these lunatics and I found it interesting that every one of them was rejected from joining the military so off they went to the next option.

Not in terms of organization or training as a whole but I see similarities in the brainwashing effiency. Like the Hitler youth, these people are so indoctrinated they won't listen to anyone but their leaders that includes their own parents or family.

Back