ISBM's being hacked?

Damien435

ICBM's being hacked?

I am in an argument with somebody, he says that an ICBM in mid-flight can be "hacked" and diverted off its original course, I strongly disagree. The chief argument for the use of bombers is that a bomber can be turned back, a missile once it is launched is outside the control of any nation. In addition to that he claims that it is possible for an ICBM to be intercepted outside of its boost stage which is also wrong. To my knowledge there is no way to intercept an ICBM outside of boost stage and their is only a very small chance of intercepting it then. The ABM defense system or perhaps a Patriot missile are the only two options right now, however Chemical lasers do show some promise. So can anyone back me up? Can ICBM's be "hacked" and re-directed while in flight?

Last edited:
can't do

the ICBM, once launched, cannot be recalled, "hacked", or diverted. the war reserve ones had no outside controlls of any type. If everything worked, and the missle flew correctly; the warhead was going to explode exactly where it was programned to.

Back