Ireland the nation

really

I tend to only end up in dublin.................got a cousin who lives some where round there..........can't rememer where like cus she gets me so drunk that i tend to forget i'm actually in ireland and argue with the cab driver that west london ain't that far!!!!!!!

Plus don't drive so travelling around is a little harsh but my parents are going to kildare next feb...........so i'm hoping on the band wagon

Michael Collins was born on 16th Oct 1890 at a place called Sam's Cross outside Clonakilty, Co Cork. he took part in the 1916 Easter Rising in Dublin. In 1921 Collins was a signatory to a Treaty bring to an end the war between Britain & Ireland. This treaty was not to the liking of all Irishmen and a civil war broke out. Collins had said at the signing "I may have signed my actual death warrant".". He was killed in an ambush at Beal na mBlath in County Cork on the 22nd August 1922. Prior to the treaty Collins was responsible for organising resistance to British rule in Ireland. His tactics are said to be the basis for all Guerrilla warfare.

http://members.cruzio.com/~sbarrett/mcollins.htm

Im afraid not.

Its gone as far as where the IRA doesnt realy excist anymore.

Thank god

I usuallly heard about Irland Peace Army from TV and broadcast

Is it a terrorism organization?

No agreements in the north but at least its peaceful. But the imagrents are the most at danger now sadly enough, the asians mainly

Ah but the Ra have always made most of their money through such activities - robberies, smuggling, drugs

Living in London for some time I heard many times about how it was the USA, and Irish-Americans, who were funding the IRA - most people there thought that there was a cup passed around every Irish bar from New York to Boston :roll:

No matter how many times I assured them I had been to just about every Irish bar from New York to Boston :cheers: and had never seen this cup being passed - they would not believe me

Go figure

What do you think of Ireland today Dougal? Do you know Dublin?

RnderSafe said:
Pogue Mahone said:
Do you know Dublin?

Dublin is a hole. Being from Kildare, I am of course going to be a bit biased, however, Dublin is still a hole.

Dublin today reminds me of any other European city - with a few more Irish pubs than the others

If people want to see Ireland - avoid Dublin

What do you think of Ireland today Dougal? Do you know Dublin?

Hate Dublin, it doesnt repersent Ireland in terms of being Irish as far as im concerned,

Like your name, its like Póg mó hón, if you know what that means?

Was working with a new yorker today, realy funny.

dougal said:
Like your name, its like Póg mó hón, if you know what that means?

Of course I know what it means - and its meant in a good way to those who are friends - and otherwise to those who ain't ;)

Good man.

No matter where you go in the world and you tell some national your Irish they always say póg mó hón, some Irish lad has already thought them to say it!!!!

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong and since no one has yet mentioned Bernadette Devlin re- pre-Bloody Sunday here go's.

Bernadett was a Uni student who attracted media attention by highlighting inequalities between the Catholic and Protestant population in Northern Ireland around 1950-60's ?.

Primarily this focused on the right to vote. EG Catholics had no rights (no vote) where as Protestants did and had two votes if they owned a business. :roll:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For thoes who like the high life with culture thrown in, Kildare has it all from two race cources (Curragh and Punchestown) miles of golf cources, not forgetting the K Club & the Curragh military camp. :rambo:
Older info on;
http://www.estaclear.ie/~curragh/articles.htm

It's the second best country in the world.

The rank structure goes like this

1. Australia
2. Ireland
Need I go on.

But seriously I love Ireland. I'm 3/4 Irish, hence my love of rugby and beer. My family is from County Downe in the North.

03USMC said:
Ever hear of the Irish Guards Regiment?

There is also the Royal Irish Regiment. This was formed back in 1992 when they merged the UDR which is made up of guys from the North and the Royal Irish Rangers which was made up of guys from the South, North and the mainland. So there are citizens of Eire serving in the British Army.

And if i remember correctly, wasn't there an airbase used by the British in Eire, in Cork i think. Wasn't this where the plane that found the Bismark was based.

yes i love ireland

i am of Irish heritage and I dont know much about my ancestors country. it makes me sad. I someday hope to go there and see the whole country, the places where my ancestors lived and all that. I have seen pictures of Ireland though and I think that it is a wonderful looking country. my family came over here to america during the potatoe famine and sometimes I whish they would have stayed there. I think it would be cool to live in Ireland. tis an awsome country

Back